Remove this Banner Ad

BIGBEZ

Norm Smith Medallist
May 22, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Bloods!
Im always surfin the net for recipe's, Im a passionate cook, love to kick back with a glass of red and create, anyway I was wondering what you guys have got for me to try, doesnt matter how wierd, fancy or simple, Im up for it and will try to review..

Anyway Ill start with my favourite, simple but grouse!
Roast Potatos,
Youll need about a dozen evenly sized washed potatos(i like small chats), and a jar of duck fat (not cheap but secret ingridient) you will find it in good delis, I get mine from 'Luva Duck' next to the Port footy ground!
Peel and keep peels(fry peels with Steak, mmm) then boil peeled spuds for about 5 mins and drain, return to dry pot and add about a tablespoon of duck fat, salt, pepper or favourite spice and shake in pot to rough up edges of spuds and too absorb the fat, add to tray in hot oven(about 200c) and roast for about 40mins until golden brown and crisp!
Serve with dollop of butter, simple but the best ever!

Any recipe suggestion?

P.S, take notes Bonza...

Last edited by a moderator:
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Sounds good Bez, albeit very bad for the arteries!!

Here's my contribution - low in carbs and fat, so it's relatively sin-free! :D

Flourless chocolate cake

Ingredients (serves 8)

* Melted reduced-fat dairy spread, to grease
* 50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
* 80ml (1/3 cup) hot water
* 2 tsp instant coffee powder
* 2 tsp boiling water
* 100g almond meal (you can also use hazelnut meal)
* 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
* 3 eggs, separated
* Strawberries, washed, sliced, to serve

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted dairy spread to lightly grease. Line the base with non-stick baking paper.

2. Combine the cocoa powder and hot water in a medium bowl. Combine the instant coffee powder and boiling water in a cup. Add the coffee to the cocoa mixture and stir until combined.

3. Add almond meal, sugar and egg yolks to cocoa mixture, and stir until well combined.

4. Use an electric beater to whisk egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Use a metal spoon to fold a spoonful of egg whites into cocoa mixture until combined. Gently fold in remaining egg whites until just combined.

5. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Place cake pan in a roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to reach two-thirds of the way up the side of the cake pan. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven. Remove cake pan from water bath and set aside for 20 minutes to cool. Turn cake onto a wire rack and remove paper. Set aside for a further 20 minutes or until cooled to room temperature. Garnish with icing sugar if you like!

6. Cut cake into wedges and carefully transfer to serving plates. Serve with strawberries.

Have a go Bez! :thumbsu:

mmm, Hooley sounds grouse, I think I'll add some chopped glazed cherrys and choc chips to mixture and serve with whipped vanilla cream or ice cream(or both and) mabee a little icing,mmm, also mabee walnunts instead of hazelnut or almond, my fav...:thumbsu:

Hooley you legend, my other half is gluten intolerant so that sounds like something to cook on a Saturday morning while she sleeps wakes up to that I should get brownie points ;).

on second thoughts your right, I think I will try it as suggested by Hooley, I wanna get a feel of other peoples fav foods...:thumbsu:

mmm, Hooley sounds grouse, I think I'll add some chopped glazed cherrys and choc chips to mixture and serve with whipped vanilla cream or ice cream(or both and) mabee a little icing,mmm, also mabee walnunts instead of hazelnut or almond, my fav...:thumbsu:

I like to serve it either with vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream with a little bit of sugar and vanilla essence in it.

I prefer it with hazelnut meal, it's delicious.

Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
Chicken and Sweetcorn soup.

Youll need,

butter
few cloves of garlic(finely chopped)
half a dozen chicken thighs trimmed and sliced to preference
1 litre of chicken stock
2x 420g of creamed corn
2x 125g of corn kernals(drained)
1Tblespoon of brown sugar
1 or 2tblspoons of sour cream (secret ingridient)

Melt butter in pot then add garlic for a minute, then add chicken and cook for 3 or 4 minutes(until not pink) then add stock, brown sugar, creamed corn and kernals, bring to boil and simmer for 15mins until chicken is tender, this is the secret bit pay attention, remove from heat then stir through sour cream, add salt and pepper to taste, top with corriander leaves if feelin fancy, makes your local chinese stores version inferior, simple quick and grouse!...:thumbsu:

Favourite snacks?

sliced banana and nutella or smoked ham and cheese between bread,(depends on mood) butter the outside(not the inside) and fry, mmm...

Banana Smooothie
Heart attack material Bez!

I like toast with grilled cheese and tomato paste. Or I halve an avocado, take out the seed, pour Italian dressing in the hole and eat with a teaspoon. MalFan can't believe I eat avocados just like that, but they are delicious!

I also make a killer banana smoothie

Blend together...
* 1 banana
* few spoonfuls of vanilla yoghurt
* honey to taste
* cinnamon to taste
* a few teaspoons of hazelnut meal
* couple of ice cubes, so it's nice and cold
* few splotches of soy milk (I'm lactose intolerant so never drink normal milk)
* bit of ice cream if you like, a creamy vanilla one does the trick

Mmmmmmmm! :D Sorry I don't have more accurate measurements, this recipe has been perfected over years of trial and error and these days I just chuck everything in and it comes out delicious!

Heart attack material Bez!

I like toast with grilled cheese and tomato paste. Or I halve an avocado, take out the seed, pour Italian dressing in the hole and eat with a teaspoon. MalFan can't believe I eat avocados just like that, but they are delicious!

I also make a killer banana smoothie

Blend together...
* 1 banana
* few spoonfuls of vanilla yoghurt
* honey to taste
* cinnamon to taste
* a few teaspoons of hazelnut meal
* couple of ice cubes, so it's nice and cold
* few splotches of soy milk (I'm lactose intolerant so never drink normal milk)
* bit of ice cream if you like, a creamy vanilla one does the trick

Mmmmmmmm! :D Sorry I don't have more accurate measurements, this recipe has been perfected over years of trial and error and these days I just chuck everything in and it comes out delicious!

mmm, I always have liquid brekkies, make em the night before coz Im lazy, a few eggs and some whey iso and/or milo and you got me with that one, no ice though, I like room temp(take out of fridge before morning dog run)...:thumbsu:

I was hoping for a few tasty favorites to try, I just prepared a tray of my spuds for the footy, honey lamb shanks for dinner washed down with a couple of coldies, Im set, bring on the doggies!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tonight bez i'll add a couple, Tarka Dhal and a Mango chicken Curry

mmm, mango chicken currie sounds grouse, whats the tarka dhal bit?

Edit: I just googled it, sounds tasty kinda like indian/hippy food (lentals) and very healthy, I think Ill try that one at a restaraunt...

Im always surfin the net for recipe's, Im a passionate cook, love to kick back with a glass of red and create, anyway I was wondering what you guys have got for me to try, doesnt matter how wierd, fancy or simple, Im up for it and will try to review..

Anyway Ill start with my favourite, simple but grouse!
Roast Potatos,
Youll need about a dozen evenly sized washed potatos(i like small chats), and a jar of duck fat (not cheap but secret ingridient) you will find it in good delis, I get mine from 'Luva Duck' next to the Port footy ground!
Peel and keep peels(fry peels with Steak, mmm) then boil peeled spuds for about 5 mins and drain, return to dry pot and add about a tablespoon of duck fat, salt, pepper or favourite spice and shake in pot to rough up edges of spuds and too absorb the fat, add to tray in hot oven(about 200c) and roast for about 40mins until golden brown and crisp!
Serve with dollop of butter, simple but the best ever!

Any recipe suggestion?

P.S, take notes Bonza...

funnily enough, at my last job, we used to sell to luv a duck

so many of your previous meals with the duck, has probably been fondled by me :p

funnily enough, at my last job, we used to sell to luv a duck

so many of your previous meals with the duck, has probably been fondled by me :p

haha, I always wondered why the stuffing went in so easily...:thumbsu:

2 Recipes: Bakalava/Risotto with sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella
BIGBEZ;14632731P.S said:
take notes Bonza...

Just found this thread and wtf......whhy do I have to take notes?

I studied Hosp for three years :p and have worked as a kitchen hand :eek: (Didn't like the work tbh so got into i.t)

But let me find a couple of recipes for you

Baklava (Greek desert best served with coffee)

INGREDIENTS
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 package phyllo dough
2 cups chopped pecans
1 1/2 tablespoons whole cloves
1 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup white sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 cup honey

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to (175 degrees C).
2. Melt the butter over low heat. Pour 2 tablespoons of the butter into the bottom of baking
pan.
3. Layer 3 sheets of the phyllo dough in the pan.
4. Trim dough to fit. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of pecans over the phyllo dough.
5. Layer 3 more sheets of dough, brush generously with the melted butter, and
sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of pecans. Continue dough -butter- pecan layers until pan is 3/4 full.
6. With a sharp knife, score phyllo dough to form diamonds.
7. Press a clove at each end of the diamonds.
8. Pour remaining butter over the dough.
9. Bake 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
10. Meanwhile, combine the sugar, water and cinnamon stick in a medium saucepan, and bring to boil,
stirring constantly. Simmer for 10 minutes.
11. Add the honey and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and discard cinnamon stick.
12. Pour honey mixture over hot baklava. Let cool on wire racks. Cut into diamonds.

I love that stuff...

And a risotto with sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella

ingredients
3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons vegetable stock
2-3/4 teaspoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1/8 onion, chopped
1/3 cup Arborio rice
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a simmer.
2. While the stock is heating, drain the sun-dried tomatoes and reserve the oil.
3. Chop the tomatoes coarsely and set them aside.
4. In a large frying pan, warm 2 tablespoons of oil from the tomatoes, add onion and sauté until translucent; about 6 minutes.
5. Add rice to the frying pan and stir until white spots appear in the centre of the grains; about 1 minute.
6. Spoon a ladleful of vegetable stock into the frying pan and cook the mixture on low until all the stock is absorbed; about 2 minutes.
7. Continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time until the rice is tender and the mixture is creamy, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Add the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil from the tomatoes, chopped basil, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
9. Serve.

Sorry about the formal writing but I just copy'd them from a project I did a couple of years ago......3000 words including recipes and history of the dishes...

The risotto is me and my dads own recipe we have been working on it for a couple of years.... Warning you though the Sun dried tomatoes make it taste quite salty you can also add some pitted kalamata olives to it but they are only optional....

And next time you cook some tomato based pasta sauce (eg: bolognese) try adding some Pitted Kalamata olives to it and a couple of sun dried tomatoes to it makes it taste soo much better.

The Baklava recipe I got from work... Its nice but you have to chop the peacans very very very finely.... if not just put them in a mixer.... the sauce tastes very sweet so don't drench the food in in....

Chocolate Milkshake
Very potent chocolate milkshake I have been making recently in order to gain weight

Ingredients

Big M 2 Litre
Chocolate sauce
Sustain chocolate mix drink (Similar to Milo or ovaltienie)
Malt based weight gain suppliment.
Wheat powder weight gain suppliment
Chocolate Ice cream.
2 eggs

Directions

1. Put in ice cream into a milkshake metal container
2. Pour in chocolate sauce (Lots of it) Add Weight gain supplements.
3. Pour in some chocolate milk (To only about halfway)
4. Add in raw eggs
5. Mix make sure it doesn't overflow
6. Drink (Surprisingly doesn't taste bad because of all the chocolate)

the olives and sun dried tomato tip sounds in my meatball sauce sounds like a winner,mabee bit of eggplant mmm...

as for your protein drink mate, that sure sound like a lot to get down everyday and alot of work every morning, remember muscle is heavier and better than fat, simplify it mate and think quality not quantity, try concentrated protein powder(whey iso), mabee 6 eggs (just whites if you worried about cholestrol,im not) a banana and about 500-700ml of milk, cpl of weetbix, dollop of honey if u want, blend pour back in milk bottle(should fit in 1litre), then hold your nose and scull if you dont like the taste, make night before, easier than motivating yourself in morning to do it... easy way to consume that much in 1min... (i even blend a can of baked beans instead of banana and weetbix now and then)

I just drink the milkshakes to gain weight of any kind (And the wheat based one is 100% protein powder)

I am not too worried about fat because of all the fencing and jogs I do.... But yeah I should probably use normal icecream and normal milk instead :p

Will have to try your protein drink.... Sounds a bit bad tasteing but I can just skull it.

Deffinatly add the sun dried tomato and kalatmata olives to your meatball sauce next time its brilliant

This thread is brilliant. I certainly wouldn't have picked Bez as a culinary master :p

I was going to post up a couple of my recipes but looking back through some of the other ones listed here I'll just look like an amateur.

This thread is brilliant. I certainly wouldn't have picked Bez as a culinary master :p

I was going to post up a couple of my recipes but looking back through some of the other ones listed here I'll just look like an amateur.

yeah but thats my point mate, what are some of the favourite things you cook? doesnt matter how wierd or silly, or even fancy, I love ideas...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back