RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks likely broadford gone and good on them if that's whats required to save their club, I would think wallan is not far behind now with kilmore and broadford gone. Still think it is a real shame Kilmore no longer in the RDFL. Anyway, what are peoples thoughts that no matter what the number left in the comp, everyone just plays everyone twice to make it a purely even draw. With the gap between top 5 and bottom 5/6 so big surely you just play everyone twice. Who cares if you end up on the same weekend as the BFL grand final or have to play two extra weeks, start earlier, cut the finals to a final 5 and everything evens up. For mine it is a must, hopefully the puppets running the puppet show can wise up and actually make a proactive change to the comp without it being made for them all the time.

Clubs would of based match payments on 16 matches I’m thinking anything different would potentially tip some clubs over the cap and cause trouble holding some players

Looks likely broadford gone and good on them if that's whats required to save their club, I would think wallan is not far behind now with kilmore and broadford gone. Still think it is a real shame Kilmore no longer in the RDFL. Anyway, what are peoples thoughts that no matter what the number left in the comp, everyone just plays everyone twice to make it a purely even draw. With the gap between top 5 and bottom 5/6 so big surely you just play everyone twice. Who cares if you end up on the same weekend as the BFL grand final or have to play two extra weeks, start earlier, cut the finals to a final 5 and everything evens up. For mine it is a must, hopefully the puppets running the puppet show can wise up and actually make a proactive change to the comp without it being made for them all the time.
Where do you think wallan would head mate ? NFL?

I’m hearing Broadford are definitely gone.

What is happening at Rockbank? Coach? Player retention? How did the debt demolition day go on Sunday?

Rupertswood are voting on weather to go to the EDFL in 2021 at there AGM. My mail is the vote will go in favour of moving.

Wallan I believe are still strongly looking at heading back to Northern FL in 2021.

Interesting times on & off the field for the RDFL next year.

Correct div 2 and I reckon Rupo would be very competitive in div 1. A way off premier but with the right planning who knows what could be achieved? I’m not sure about the juniors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree Rupo would be very competitive in div 1 EDFL but Seriously don’t think it’s the answer. I still believe the RDFL can be great, clubs have a connection with other clubs post game via football and netball that you just don’t see at other metro leagues. If we lose Broadford we still have 10 teams which is more than enough to sustain a successful league, hopefully Rockbank and Lancefield bounce back soon. With what Rupo went through with finals losses over the years I’m sure their enjoyment last year was as great a moment as a lot of those players/officials/supporters have had in their lives, I really doubt they would get the same enjoyment out of going undefeated in EDFL div 2 and then being competitive in Div 1 EDFL. I could be wrong, I hope I’m not....but for me their best and most enjoyable future is in the RDFL

I agree Rupo would be very competitive in div 1 EDFL but Seriously don’t think it’s the answer. I still believe the RDFL can be great, clubs have a connection with other clubs post game via football and netball that you just don’t see at other metro leagues. If we lose Broadford we still have 10 teams which is more than enough to sustain a successful league, hopefully Rockbank and Lancefield bounce back soon. With what Rupo went through with finals losses over the years I’m sure their enjoyment last year was as great a moment as a lot of those players/officials/supporters have had in their lives, I really doubt they would get the same enjoyment out of going undefeated in EDFL div 2 and then being competitive in Div 1 EDFL. I could be wrong, I hope I’m not....but for me their best and most enjoyable future is in the RDFL

Agree and all good points but I suspect this proposed move has more to do with sustainability. You would be amazed if you knew the difference between league fees comparing the two comps for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes it’s not what the options (EDFL, BFL, NFL, WRFL) are doing, it’s what we (RDFL) are not doing. Give us a plan, vision and you will give us hope. At the moment the we are rudderless.

Sometimes it’s not what the options (EDFL, BFL, NFL, WRFL) are doing, it’s what we (RDFL) are not doing. Give us a plan, vision and you will give us hope. At the moment the we are rudderless.
What is the EDFL, BFL, NFL, WRFL plan, what is their vision, I know this is only a social media forum but could you please give a quick breakdown of their plan/vision???

Agree and all good points but I suspect this proposed move has more to do with sustainability. You would be amazed if you knew the difference between league fees comparing the two comps for example.

I’m aware of the league fees, something needs to be done about it!

What is the EDFL, BFL, NFL, WRFL plan, what is their vision, I know this is only a social media forum but could you please give a quick breakdown of their plan/vision???

I really don’t know too much but from the limited knowledge that I do have, Growing their comp and making football more economically affordable for clubs seems to be the vision of the EDFL.

RDFL had their AGM yet? That could be the club's chance right there to appoint a board to work in the best interest of the competition, and start with a blank sheet with the new AFL Goldfields chief.

If not 2020 could quite possibly be the last season this once great little comp actually functions in anything near it's current form.

I really don’t know too much but from the limited knowledge that I do have, Growing their comp and making football more economically affordable for clubs seems to be the vision of the EDFL.

The only thing the EDFL are after is to take over the Sunbury precinct, also in discussions with Sunbury Lions to jump over not sure how the 4 Sunbury clubs will go in the same comp.

My understanding is both the EDFL and WRFL have clearly stated publicly there vision for a 3 league promotion and relegation system and named how many teams they want in each division. This then triggers them seeking some new clubs to join the comp. Whether you agree with that or not, or it is competitive or not like the posters are saying, atleast it is a vision. Whats the RDFL's. When was the last time we heard from the RDFL publicly atleast that they want the league to look like something in the next few years, 5 years, 10 years. My understanding and happy to be proven wrong is no statement as such has been made, so what is the future, is it 8 teams as that's what it is going to end up. Maybe there is a vision, if there is not too many know about it, and clearly the clubs looking to leave or have left were not aware of it otherwise the options of staying v going would have been tabled.

Hey mate, I think it’s more to do with the divisions in the EDFL and you have something to aim for which ultimately is playing premier league.
The EDFL want all 3 divisions to have 10 sides hence why clubs are anxious to join up sooner rather than miss a spot.
EDFL div 1 footy has jumped a notch and is very competitive.

Cheers

Hey mate, I think it’s more to do with the divisions in the EDFL and you have something to aim for which ultimately is playing premier league.
The EDFL want all 3 divisions to have 10 sides hence why clubs are anxious to join up sooner rather than miss a spot.
EDFL div 1 footy has jumped a notch and is very competitive.

Cheers
Well if that’s the case they better be quick, I’m led to believe Jacana are going to be back so that will leave spots for 2 teams to join the EDFL, there has been a lot of talk of clubs wanting to join the EDFL.....St Albans, Caroline Springs, Rupo, Sunbury Lions but who knows how much of it is factual and what’s just made up to get a reaction, I know the mentions of Diggers wanting to go to the EDFL is not true.

Well if that’s the case they better be quick, I’m led to believe Jacana are going to be back so that will leave spots for 2 teams to join the EDFL, there has been a lot of talk of clubs wanting to join the EDFL.....St Albans, Caroline Springs, Rupo, Sunbury Lions but who knows how much of it is factual and what’s just made up to get a reaction, I know the mentions of Diggers wanting to go to the EDFL is not true.
Interesting as I believe St Bernards had a look at joining last year and the big EDFL clubs nocked them back. Seems to me the EDFL are keen to grow as long as it doesn't upset their big clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back