Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah back in the day they had a bit of a point of difference in offering a variety of Asian dishes (as opposed to your run of the mill Chinese takeaway options).

Now there's plenty of other options around, and they haven't adapted. Still, you're hard pressed to find a spare table (or a walk up table) when you do go so I guess it's a case of if it aint broke don't fix it.

As you would know also, better to go to an Asian restaurant ie Kwik Stix that is constantly needing to prepare food, then one of those Chinese takeaway options that is rarely frequented back in the day as you wouldnt be entirely sure if youre eating last weeks food.

Fasta Pasta back in the day was another "safe and reliable" option, the one near Parabanks.

Its good that there is plenty of options by the sounds of it up North.

As you would know also, better to go to an Asian restaurant ie Kwik Stix that is constantly needing to prepare food, then one of those Chinese takeaway options that is rarely frequented back in the day as you wouldnt be entirely sure if youre eating last weeks food.

Fasta Pasta back in the day was another "safe and reliable" option, the one near Parabanks.

Its good that there is plenty of options by the sounds of it up North.
The Kwik Stix near the Flinders Medical Centre was great - then it was lost to the South Road redevelopment. The owners moved to Paya Thai nearby on South Road, and as I recall that's pretty good too, although it's been a while since we've eaten from there.

Another tip for the southern side - Cinnamon Kitchen Indian at O'Halloran Hill. Excellent. Just make sure you check your order when you pick it up, they've made a few mistakes with ours.

And while I'm at it - Iron Chef at the Aberfoyle Village shopping centre. It looks a bit "franchisey" but the food is great. The Pepper Chicken in particular.

Hi guys, sorry for the intrusion. And feel free to disregard/delete if this isn't the place to ask!

I'm doing a lap of the country next year and I'm trying to find good kennels to put the dog in for each capital city for a week or so. Is there anywhere in Adelaide you'd recommend? I'd rather go off personal recommendations than vague online reviews. Hoping for decent value and good care.

Cheers. :)

Hi guys, sorry for the intrusion. And feel free to disregard/delete if this isn't the place to ask!

I'm doing a lap of the country next year and I'm trying to find good kennels to put the dog in for each capital city for a week or so. Is there anywhere in Adelaide you'd recommend? I'd rather go off personal recommendations than vague online reviews. Hoping for decent value and good care.

dogs105

Not in the city centre, but we have used this place and found it to be really good. North of the city.

Hi guys, sorry for the intrusion.
Never need to apologize for coming on the Crows board, youre our brother from another mother :rainbow:, not to mention if our degenerate inbred neighbors from Alberton can post on here you certainly can post on here.:thumbsu:

There's one next to the airport Beau's something our neighbors have used them and had good things to say

I've been outvoted in my house so it's full of cats, can help with a good cat place

We’ve never had trouble finding pet friendly accommodation. Interested to know why hound can travel some parts with you but then needs a week boarding in the cities. I guess if you’re single nights in the regions, then it’s hotels only which is harder.

We’ve never had trouble finding pet friendly accommodation. Interested to know why hound can travel some parts with you but then needs a week boarding in the cities. I guess if you’re single nights in the regions, then it’s hotels only which is harder.
Mainly to give me time to do things in the cities that I can’t do with him, like a big tour of the Barossa so I can get quite inebriated, head to some national parks for a day or so etc. give me a break from his insanity haha.

I’d leave him at home but before the lap I’m doing a 1000km hike he can’t come on at all, so I’d miss him too much if he didn’t come on the lap with me too.

I’ll have the caravan so it’ll be free camp sites in the regions then leave it at caravan parks in each city and I’ll venture out from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shout out to/for Victor's Place / Varney Wines, on Victor Harbor Rd just off South Road. Great place for lunch but they're suffering from the roadworks. Recommended.

View attachment 1549586
Unfortunately they have since had to close due to the roadworks making it untenable, such a shame, great food and people.

If you were in that submarine with 48 hours of oxygen or whatever it was would you kill the other guys?
Sick Art GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back