Remove this Banner Ad

Thai

Rena's Thai Kitchen on Kensington Road is my go to place for Thai

Also like Hoa Tam at Gilles Plains which is Vietnamese/Thai

Will give this one a try though!

Rena's Thai Kitchen on Kensington Road is my go to place for Thai

Also like Hoa Tam at Gilles Plains which is Vietnamese/Thai

Will give this one a try though!
Definitely 100% you will love the food, its fresh, flavorsome.

It is a bit more pricier than most.

If youre going, give me the heads up and I will recommend some dishes, I have had almost all of them.

Reminds me of a great dinner table conversation - if you had only three cuisines you could live off for the rest of your life what would they be?

for me, Japanese, Mexican, Italian
Thai, Mexican, Italian

Honourable mentions to Turkish & Indian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those out north, you have to visit Vietnam House in Salisbury North.

The line for the rolls at lunch are often well down Bagsters Rd!

I normally just go there for dinner and pretty much everything on the menu is amazing - plus they do a variety of Asian dishes (not just Vietnamese), so if you like your Asian food you're going to find something you love on the menu.

The owner is a character as well - plays up to some of the stereotypes, especially when it comes to beef orders (he often replies with a breed of dog :D), and calls his small laksas a 'Happy meal' :D

For those out north, you have to visit Vietnam House in Salisbury North.

The line for the rolls at lunch are often well down Bagsters Rd!

I normally just go there for dinner and pretty much everything on the menu is amazing - plus they do a variety of Asian dishes (not just Vietnamese), so if you like your Asian food you're going to find something you love on the menu.

The owner is a character as well - plays up to some of the stereotypes, especially when it comes to beef orders (he often replies with a breed of dog :D), and calls his small laksas a 'Happy meal' :D
Kwik Stix is always your best and safest option out North at Parafield.:thumbsu:

Reminds me of a great dinner table conversation - if you had only three cuisines you could live off for the rest of your life what would they be?

for me, Japanese, Mexican, Italian

Thai, Mexican, Italian

Honourable mentions to Turkish & Indian.
In no particular order, comfortably I would go Italian, Thai and Japanese.

Distinct in their tastes and wonderful cuisine.

There was a joke there, but I think Ive become a bit mod conscious of late. :D

A mod gave me a months holiday that lasted for a minute, because he thought he would be funny, as I was cracking too many jokes. :$

Hasn't multiculturalism done wonders to our eating habits. As a boy in the late 60's, early 70's fish and chips were the norm. A few restaurants and pub meals. European meals were considered a maybe. Pizza Huts on a Tuesday night (all you can eat) was big.
I remember as a teen going out with friends, I put away 28 slices in a row at Pizza Huts all you can eat.

Once I went to Thai all you can eat and put away 6 Main Courses, I lost to my big Russian mate that slammed 8. It was so impressive the chef came out to congratulate us. :$

I miss the metabolism of when I was younger, never put on any weight.:huh:

Mind you it helps when you play soccer, before, during and after school every day.:think:

I remember as a teen going out with friends, I put away 28 slices in a row at Pizza Huts all you can eat.

Once I went to Thai all you can eat and put away 6 Main Courses, I lost to my big Russian mate that slammed 8. It was so impressive the chef came out to congratulate us. :$

I miss the metabolism of when I was younger, never put on any weight.:huh:

Mind you it helps when you play soccer, before, during and after school every day.:think:
My waistline took a hit after a while. Anyone remembers Sizzlers all you can eat. Also, and it's been a few years now, but the Waterloo Corner Hotel used to put a great all you can eat.

My waistline took a hit after a while. Anyone remembers Sizzlers all you can eat. Also, and it's been a few years now, but the Waterloo Corner Hotel used to put a great all you can eat.
Dont worry, I have to drop 10kgs by 2023 January 1. 9kgs to go. :$

Finally I found the Sizzler bread that you can buy at the supermarket after all these years.:think:

I loved Sizzler as a kid. I remember going as group with friends and only one person would order all you can eat salad. Naturally it we filled the whole table. I loved their potato skins, with bacon and cream. Those salad bars back in the day where well kept in terms of being clean and not food spilled everywhere.

Dont worry, I have to drop 10kgs by 2023 January 1. 9kgs to go. :$

Finally I found the Sizzler bread that you can buy at the supermarket after all these years.:think:

I loved Sizzler as a kid. I remember going as group with friends and only one person would order all you can eat salad. Naturally it we filled the whole table. I loved their potato skins, with bacon and cream. Those salad bars back in the day where well kept in terms of being clean and not food spilled everywhere.
Good luck. Try getting Covid badly. It worked wonders for me + 98% giving up grog.

There are many, many better (and cheaper) options than Kwik Stix.

Kwik Stix is quite expensive for what you get - and their broths for curries etc are way too watery.
Admittedly its been years since I have eaten that side of town so I have no idea if the quality or the owners have changed.

At the time, there was literally no other realistic Asian options. Pretty sure a lot of the new places have only been up and about in the last 10years?

Admittedly its been years since I have eaten that side of town so I have no idea if the quality or the owners have changed.

At the time, there was literally no other realistic Asian options. Pretty sure a lot of the new places have only been up and about in the last 10years?

Yeah back in the day they had a bit of a point of difference in offering a variety of Asian dishes (as opposed to your run of the mill Chinese takeaway options).

Now there's plenty of other options around, and they haven't adapted. Still, you're hard pressed to find a spare table (or a walk up table) when you do go so I guess it's a case of if it aint broke don't fix it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back