Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shopping trolley etiquette. I'm talking mainly to the women on here (come at me, you know I'm right)

Most supermarket aisles have space for 2 trolley widths comfortably. Sometimes 3 in a tight bind, but no one wants to squeeze too much.

If a trolley is blocking the aisle and facing the same way as you, those shoppers coming the opposite direction have right of way. It's just like driving (though in Adelaide, referencing driving etiquette is not going to help)

Now those shoppers who are being let through, you don't stop opposite the currently stationary trolley, blocking the aisle. You go far enough to allow a smooth run of traffic around the obstacle. If you do need to stop to get something, make it quick. But if you want to browse then keep walking and park your trolley in a space that doesn't block the whole aisle, then walk back and start your browsing.

You park your trolley parallel to the shelves, not at right angles. Also you stand in front or behind your trolley when browsing, not next to it blocking the aisle.

This following rule applies in all areas of life, but just supermarket aisles. If 2 shoppers are walking towards each other and one needs to move out of the way else they hit head on, the following should not need to move:
  • the elderly
  • the disabled
  • those with a full and heavy shopping trolley
  • those with kids

If you are a able bodied person walking and not moving out of the way for any of the above, you are a campaigner. Plain and simple.

If you are walking as a group blocking the whole aisle, then the group needs to reform to allow the single walker through.

Also, not a rule but a principle, if you are walking and staring at your phone, then you have no right of way. Nobody moves out of the way for you. Watch where you're going. This is only going to get worse with those Apple headsets.

Shopping trolley etiquette. I'm talking mainly to the women on here (come at me, you know I'm right)

Most supermarket aisles have space for 2 trolley widths comfortably. Sometimes 3 in a tight bind, but no one wants to squeeze too much.

If a trolley is blocking the aisle and facing the same way as you, those shoppers coming the opposite direction have right of way. It's just like driving (though in Adelaide, referencing driving etiquette is not going to help)

Now those shoppers who are being let through, you don't stop opposite the currently stationary trolley, blocking the aisle. You go far enough to allow a smooth run of traffic around the obstacle. If you do need to stop to get something, make it quick. But if you want to browse then keep walking and park your trolley in a space that doesn't block the whole aisle, then walk back and start your browsing.

You park your trolley parallel to the shelves, not at right angles. Also you stand in front or behind your trolley when browsing, not next to it blocking the aisle.

This following rule applies in all areas of life, but just supermarket aisles. If 2 shoppers are walking towards each other and one needs to move out of the way else they hit head on, the following should not need to move:
  • the elderly
  • the disabled
  • those with kids

If you are a able bodied person walking and not moving out of the way for any of the above, you are a campaigner. Plain and simple.

If you are walking as a group blocking the whole aisle, then the group needs to reform to allow the single walker through.

Also, not a rule but a principle, if you are walking and staring at your phone, then you have no right of way. Nobody moves out of the way for you. Watch where you're going. This is only going to get worse with those Apple headsets.
Funny you mention headsets. Just saw this. I recall years ago where people were talking on phone headsets talking to invisible people and waving their hands all about. This looks totally crazy.

There's heaps of trolleys at each supermarket but aren't we just using the same ones over and over?

Taking from the end of the line, putting it back on the end of the line.

There are probably some brand spankers up the front, never used.

No wonder the wheels are all wonky

Funny you mention headsets. Just saw this. I recall years ago where people were talking on phone headsets talking to invisible people and waving their hands all about. This looks totally crazy.

It’s going to be bedlam. I sometimes go to shops with ear buds in and even then it’s hard to get around properly. I’d never do it in a crowded situation but you can imagine entitled w***ers with their headsets expecting the rest of the world to get out of the way for their benefit.

There's heaps of trolleys at each supermarket but aren't we just using the same ones over and over?

Taking from the end of the line, putting it back on the end of the line.

There are probably some brand spankers up the front, never used.

No wonder the wheels are all wonky
That’s another thing that grinds me

Although i feel bad because at least you’re taking your trolley back

But if you go to the trolley bay and there are 2 bays - one has the big trolleys and one has the small trolleys, and you have a small trolley, guess which bay it is appropriate to put yours in, Einstein?

Or if one has Coles trolleys, the other has Foodland, maybe make it easier for the poor trolley folk and keep them seperate.

Not Woolworths though. * those guys.

That’s another thing that grinds me

Although i feel bad because at least you’re taking your trolley back

But if you go to the trolley bay and there are 2 bays - one has the big trolleys and one has the small trolleys, and you have a small trolley, guess which bay it is appropriate to put yours in, Einstein?

Or if one has Coles trolleys, the other has Foodland, maybe make it easier for the poor trolley folk and keep them seperate.

Not Woolworths though. * those guys.
What about those lazy pricks that leave their trolley in the carparking spot where there is a trolley bay 20m aways.

What about those lazy pricks that leave their trolley in the carparking spot where there is a trolley bay 20m aways.
It determines moral character

If you don't take your trolley back, you are probably excess human life

Living in Singapore. Parkroyal Hotel on Pickering

424736569_380299524647876_8427634077461232948_n.jpg

It’s going to be bedlam. I sometimes go to shops with ear buds in and even then it’s hard to get around properly. I’d never do it in a crowded situation but you can imagine entitled w***ers with their headsets expecting the rest of the world to get out of the way for their benefit.
Just go through them hard enough for the headset to fall off and smash, they'll figure it out

• the elderly
  • the disabled
  • those with kids

If you bump into old mate at the shops then there are very limited, (if any) suitable places to stop and have a chit chat. It’s inappropriate to conduct a mother’s meeting with a couple of trolleys mid isle. The space usage is equivalent to 6 people (minimum). They must move the conversation to a dead isle or conduct it elsewhere.

When using the escalator to the car park, shoppers should position their trolleys to one side to allow non trolley pushing escalator users to pass.

Further to this, but not trolley related, all able bodied people should combine walking with use of escalators. Walking on an escalator doubles the speed of:

-Walking
-Staying stationary on an escalator as though it is some sort of amusement ride

If you bump into old mate at the shops then there are very limited, (if any) suitable places to stop and have a chit chat. It’s inappropriate to conduct a mother’s meeting with a couple of trolleys mid isle. The space usage is equivalent to 6 people (minimum). They must move the conversation to a dead isle or conduct it elsewhere.

When using the escalator to the car park, shoppers should position their trolleys to one side to allow non trolley pushing escalator users to pass.

Further to this, but not trolley related, all able bodied people should combine walking with use of escalators. Walking on an escalator doubles the speed of:

-Walking
-Staying stationary on an escalator as though it is some sort of amusement ride
Oh yes. On that last point, do people realize the travelators are designed to be walked on so you walk quicker over a long distance? They aren’t for having a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how it's any different from the likes of Amazon Fire Stick, Chromecast, NVidia Shield... other than offering up to $15 per month if you subscribe to enough streaming apps.

I'm not sure how it's any different from the likes of Amazon Fire Stick, Chromecast, NVidia Shield... other than offering up to $15 per month if you subscribe to enough streaming apps.
Chromecast TV is quite frankly, the Best

No idea why you'd blow cash on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back