Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Gay people can be right wing and quite often are.

Voting Green in Brisbane is basically voting Teal.

(Shitposting aside, which ep, I will go and watch, keen to see how intimated)

Its not just me.

Bluey is great, its funny, kind and a great representation of life with small kids. The animation is first class, and some of the scripting (like technically, there's one episode largely set inside a phone app the various kids are using that is just masterful) is genius.

Its very noticeably set in Queensland and good for them, that's fine, but Queensland is also culturally more right wing in many ways.

The whole show isn't reactionary right wing like say South Park, but the army stuff is quite interesting.

Also Leigh Sales is on it and she turned 730 hard right by her mere presence and does the same to Bluey lol.
happy-days-the-fonz.gif

That's exactly what you've done here.

Wheelchair rugby national championships on foxtel atm, WA vs QLD mixed teams.
They are pretty good and damn do they go hard at each other.

Just dropped my best little mate down to his mum .... a nice little U turn at Darnum. Anyway, on the way our conversation flitted between whatever, and all the way round until we were back at whatever. Somewhere in there we had a few minutes on puberty. Turns out he thought that puberty was a 1 day event, and that you just suddenly grew hair in previously non haired places. And that was it. Farkin funny. Even funnier was his thinking that girls never went through puberty. I lolled and asked him "where do you reckon boobs come from?" and then I had him giggling like the little boy he still is when I told him that it won't be long before he finds himself walking around with a stiffy for absolutely no reason whatsoever! Funny as.

Just dropped my best little mate down to his mum .... a nice little U turn at Darnum. Anyway, on the way our conversation flitted between whatever, and all the way round until we were back at whatever. Somewhere in there we had a few minutes on puberty. Turns out he thought that puberty was a 1 day event, and that you just suddenly grew hair in previously non haired places. And that was it. Farkin funny. Even funnier was his thinking that girls never went through puberty. I lolled and asked him "where do you reckon boobs come from?" and then I had him giggling like the little boy he still is when I told him that it won't be long before he finds himself walking around with a stiffy for absolutely no reason whatsoever! Funny as.
Get a good view of the aurora rickety, just down the road in tanjil sth it was very vivid, gonna go out again after the game as its gone less pink now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you wanna work til you're 45, or til you're 68?
Money isn’t an issue lol

And no I’m not buying a Land Cruiser (just yet)

Must prefer buying a Dmax and then modding the s**t out of it

Money isn’t an issue lol

Do what brings you joy, just worth pointing out that you're at the age when those decisions that seem like money ain't an issue can actually have a pretty big impact when you start extrapolating out to 25-40 odd years down the track.

For me retiring early to spend time with those who matter most is my number 1 priority, so I'd go with the saving for a house.

Have you ever driven off road or slept in a tent?

Or outside a tent under the stars?
Yes lol, most recent one we saw starlink or whatever that satellite thing was

Do what brings you joy, just worth pointing out that you're at the age when those decisions that seem like money ain't an issue can actually have a pretty big impact when you start extrapolating out to 25-40 odd years down the track.

For me retiring early to spend time with those who matter most is my number 1 priority, so I'd go with the saving for a house.

If money's not an issue, buy a house.
This has strayed away from my question a bit.

The answers I was hoping for was people who own a touring car was to see how they budget when they also own a house bc rego, petrol, insurance is like nearly 2x the amount of my VW. Well maybe I should have structured the post better.

Yes lol, most recent one we saw starlink or whatever that satellite thing was
Did you see the aurora as well?

Honestly, spend a few months looking thru second hand sources. You might pick up a 20 year old Land Cruiser that's been built by someone who already had 30 years experience when they put it together. There's a surprising amount of those things around, usually $20-30K and they are very well set up, usually to cover things you'd never have thought of with only a little bit of experience. Not having a go at you either but people who spend a month or two a year (at least) off road for decades know so much about this stuff.

Did you see the aurora as well?

Honestly, spend a few months looking thru second hand sources. You might pick up a 20 year old Land Cruiser that's been built by someone who already had 30 years experience when they put it together. There's a surprising amount of those things around, usually $20-30K and they are very well set up, usually to cover things you'd never have thought of with only a little bit of experience. Not having a go at you either but people who spend a month or two a year (at least) off road for decades know so much about this stuff.
No I didn’t lol

I’m slowly building my knowledge. I listen to a 4x4 podcast in which Liam Duggan is a co-host. Already they have taught me a crapton

I definitely would buy one but * can’t help but get swayed into looking at sexy Dmaxes, bt50’s with blacked out logos and bull bars

Money isn’t an issue lol

there is a chance you may look back and wonder why you wasted all that money on a car,

speaking from experience, i was very bad money wise until about late 20s, iam a bit of a tight ass these days,

btw will it be your daily drive?? if so get something a little more road orientated such as a pajero or a forester. if you dont need a ute, dont get one, 4 wheel coils drive HEAPS better ride than a poxy live axel with rear leafs.

if it wont be your daily drive get a bush banger like a suzuki,

fwiw i drive a ute because i need a rear area to put herbicides and crap like chainsaws in that leak out everywhere and dont want them stinking out the cab, any other opportunity however iam taking the wifes Paj instead of the ute,

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back