Preview R10: Changes v Pies, 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy or Hamill are not playing midfield .....nor is Shoenberg a pressure forward .....he's a running mid / wing possibly
Schoenberg plays forward/midfield just like Murphy has. Murphy has played much of this season off a wing.

Sometimes I wonder if you even watch our games...

Lynda Loads is his alias account.

Full apologist mode engaged tonight.
Someone “should have left curtin in”
Loades “we don’t need any weak spots”
Someone “ you do realize who we’ve brought in don’t you?
Weak spots everywhere”

Last edited:

You can envisage Murphy being the sub and Hamill getting concussed in the opening minutes, allowing the M&Ms almost maximum exposure. I hope that does not happen, of course, and I think that Hamill, surprisingly, did play quite well when he was given a chance earlier and was unlucky to get dropped.

I shouldn’t dare ask, but as I’ve liked a few of the AFC’s posts on FB, they appear in my feed. Is Lynda Loades, Lindy? The famous one (Full Lindy) 😆 Her posts are.. um interesting 🤣
Loades doesn’t seem to be a melter just a someone that couldn’t ever disagree with what the club does.

It's hard to get excited when we keep going back to failed options or options with no upside.

I actually like Hamill but does the club really believe he's going to have a long, high level career? I have my heart in my mouth every time he goes in for the ball. Is courageous but lacks awareness of what's around him.

Murphy and McHenry just aren't good enough. Do we really see them going toe to toe with top four teams in September in our future? They are passengers in the occasional wins that Tex, Rankine & Dawson are able to conjure, completely irrelevant to our fortunes.

Nankervis on the field, thank goodness. One positive.

The other positive is it looks like Michalanney will be freed up. Interested to see him as a more attacking, zone-off 3rd tall in the Worrell role. Think he could be quite devastating in that role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loades doesn’t seem to be a melter just a someone that couldn’t ever disagree with what the club does.

Ah ok 👍

Yes. Facebook is the haven for those supporters. It does appear to be a fairly universal thing across the clubs, FB seems to skew older and some of those supporters are a bit more of the patience, trust in the club etc.

Ah ok 👍

Yes. Facebook is the haven for those supporters. It does appear to be a fairly universal thing across the clubs, FB seems to skew older and some of those supporters are a bit more of the patience, trust in the club etc.
Full disclosure some may find this study somewhat sexist;

If you investigate the AFC Facebook sites there is a strong trend of female posters being very pro McHenry/Murphy - effort seems to rate highly and is considered far more important than skill or talent.

Disgusting changes, genuinely spew worthy
I can deal with Hamill coming in - it makes sense as Collingwood are not overly tall in attack so Worrell is out and bringing in a running defender to allow Hinge to be 3rd man up makes sense. Its bringing in Murphy that just ruins it. I have nothing against him at all as a person but how many games are he and McHenry going to be gifted where they have negligible impact at the expense of guys like Dowling, Taylor Curtin and even now Shoenberg.

Not enamoured by the changes ....I understand COLL are going with a medium size fwd line, but our depth is being exposed

We shouldn't have Ned & Murphy in the same team .....but there's no-one really to bring in

Hamill, Meh! ....Oscar Ryan must be close

Given the damning video of Crouch on Footy Classified .....he must be on the edge of being the sub .....it's that lack of two-way running that's always been the negative on Crouch
Time to move on from Crouch !
Did you mean time to move on from the Coach?

Come on mate, this is 2 weeks in a row with shit selections, Nank should never have been relegated to sub last week. This week we have Murphy and McHenry in the same side and they’ve thrown in Hamill to top it of.

No one else to bring in? How about Schoenberg, Berry. Dowling, Taylor….

Sack him. This is beyond a ****ing joke now.

I yearn for the days when our shit coaches would lose prelims and then miss finals twice.
I yearn for the days when players of the calibre of Douglas and DMac were our Thursday night selection melts. I would take DMac any day over ****ing Murphy and McHenry.
I can’t believe how low this club has fallen.
Curtin will move to West Coast and will play finals before we do under Nicks.

The only positive is that I don’t have to watch this debacle because I’ll be watching my sons footy where incidentally 90% of the lads can kick over 40metres and hit a simple 20 metre kick / oh and our rucks are capable of taking a ****ing contested mark.

Full disclosure some may find this study somewhat sexist;

If you investigate the AFC Facebook sites there is a strong trend of female posters being very pro McHenry/Murphy - effort seems to rate highly and is considered far more important than skill or talent.

I would believe that trend fully. Our (WCE) page is the same honestly, the “hard workers” and “triers” are given total praise, the lovely boys are doing their best etc etc.

We are just fans. It is up to the coaching staff to be able to find the balance and where possible prioritise skill, as honest toiling alone won’t win you games consistently and take you deep into September.

A big fail by Nicks (again) :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back