Preview R1 v St Kilda @ Marvel Stadium (Sunday, March 24)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just want to give Pearce Hanley a shoutout. Was great to see him back in our lineup and on the field he gave our backline greater composure and maturity. Also can’t look past Ballard his intercept marking and ability to read the play is sensational, he knows where he should be at all times.

If Swallow or Ainsworth are out surely Brodie will get a chance this week?

I can't see that other than they're both forwards. Rioli is blessed with a lot more pace, size, and he's a tenacious tackler. Majority of his disposals or influence comes from the pressure he puts on the opposition defenders and the free's that result either from HTB or turnovers. Powell has much stronger marking, particularly on the lead and overhead. Not as pacy but cleaner pickups and is a lot taller. Has more positional versatility but still very slight, size wise.

I think he actually reminds me more of Jack Gunston play-style wise than any of the aforementioned players.
Yup agree Gunston type of player .

So by my calculation the two coaches gave:
Fiorini one coach 5 votes, the other 2 votes
Sexton one coach 3 votes, the other 0 votes

Can coaches vote for players on their own team?

Yes,each senior coach gets 1,2,3,4,5 votes to allocate to the best 5 players on the ground.

There may be other combinations but with the above votes it seems that at least one coach voted fiorini as best on ground.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A bit late and not sure if it's been clarified already but Ah Chee wasn't available due to personal reasons, he wasn't necessarily out of the best 22

Hey team. Thought I should pop in and fess up to saying on our board that I'd spew up if we only won by five goals. So, a loss would have been just what I deserved. I thought you guys played well, and though he may not have dominated, it was obvious that Lukosius can play. He's going to be a ripper. Hope you win this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey team. Thought I should pop in and fess up to saying on our board that I'd spew up if we only won by five goals. So, a loss would have been just what I deserved. I thought you guys played well, and though he may not have dominated, it was obvious that Lukosius can play. He's going to be a ripper. Hope you win this week.

Hi. Honestly whilst we played ok I think most would agree that we saw many similarities to last year. A few individuals looked improved Powell and Ballard in particular but otherwise similar team play.

I hate to tell you but in my opinion you guys just aren’t very good either. I thought the comments like yours - and there were quite a few - who scoffed when I suggested on your board St Kilda by
Best of luck for the year, I do like St Kilda. I’d much rather both our teams finish higher than Carlton and NM at least. I’m not sure I rate either of our chances though! Think with Carlton we’re both in a legitimate 3 way battle for the spoon.

Yes,each senior coach gets 1,2,3,4,5 votes to allocate to the best 5 players on the ground.

There may be other combinations but with the above votes it seems that at least one coach voted fiorini as best on ground.

The only things you can say for certain from those numbers are that Newnes got a one from one coach, and Steele got a 2 from one coach. every other player can have their score made up multiple ways... Theres heaps of combinations eg...

5 Fiorini&Ross
4 Bruce&Bruce
3 Sexton&Steven
2 Steele&Fiorini
1 Newnes&Steven

or
5 Ross&Bruce
4 Fiorini&Steven
3 Bruce&Fiorini
2 Sexton&Steele
1 Newnes&Sexton

or
5 Bruce&Fiorini
4 Ross&Steven
3 Sexton&Bruce
2 Fiorini&Steele
1 Newnes&Ross

You were (still are?) A Freo supporter... you know what Fyfe looked like in his first few seasons - could hide behind a goalpost. But you could tell he was special. I see that in Powell. Just depends on whether his body amenable to building up.
Turns out one of the reporters for the West Australian newspaper sees things the same way as me :p
edit: also, full page, positive news story. wonder how much GC paid for that! - also in the paper today was a rehash of the Miles interview, and an article saying fremantle NEED to target Jack Martin. lol
IMG_20190328_1332553.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back