Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorious One

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well the 2020 season was unfortunately a non-event, let’s hope we get a start, Caulfield for me seem to be building massively, they start favourites.

Happy New Year....2021 will be just as interesting as 2020. We don't know where we will end up in anything let alone footy.
It will certainly be different, costs will have to be cut because income won't be there, new coaches coming into the system that have been let go by AFL, VFL Clubs, Sponsors scarce, maybe players opting for working where possible instead of playing.
So many things will be different, a certainty that it won't be "back to business" in 2021.

Happy New Year....2021 will be just as interesting as 2020. We don't know where we will end up in anything let alone footy.
It will certainly be different, costs will have to be cut because income won't be there, new coaches coming into the system that have been let go by AFL, VFL Clubs, Sponsors scarce, maybe players opting for working where possible instead of playing.
So many things will be different, a certainty that it won't be "back to business" in 2021.

C, I said earlier, I doubt very much if we will be in business at all for 2021. People are saying we will be locked down up to
Xmas and beyond...Very little hope of 2021 getting off the ground at all...........

I agree regarding 2021, it's looking unlikely and maybe similar to the war years where there was an interval in the records. This brings back the question of the announcement that the Fields made regarding Eddy committing for two years, these may be wiped off and he may never pull on the boots whilst enjoying his employment. Having said that, they have recruited super well and will be strong regardless.

As far as non AFL/VFL goes, fundamentally local football has been changed forever, I read with interest that the major metro money leagues top divisions will have a salary cap of $100,000.00, which will mean either top end talent and no middle level talent that leaves to play elsewhere(like VAFA) or minimal top end talent and an even spread of mid tier talent. Again, the top end talent may then flow into the VAFA.

I also see Joyce from Collegians has left, can anyone expand on this? Are they going after a big fish coach from AFL?

I agree regarding 2021, it's looking unlikely and maybe similar to the war years where there was an interval in the records. This brings back the question of the announcement that the Fields made regarding Eddy committing for two years, these may be wiped off and he may never pull on the boots whilst enjoying his employment. Having said that, they have recruited super well and will be strong regardless.

As far as non AFL/VFL goes, fundamentally local football has been changed forever, I read with interest that the major metro money leagues top divisions will have a salary cap of $100,000.00, which will mean either top end talent and no middle level talent that leaves to play elsewhere(like VAFA) or minimal top end talent and an even spread of mid tier talent. Again, the top end talent may then flow into the VAFA.

I also see Joyce from Collegians has left, can anyone expand on this? Are they going after a big fish coach from AFL?
With the salary capped being reduced to $100,000, this equates to $250 per player per game assuming an 18 game season.

This may see big under table payments or players more happy to work weekends or a jobs network bigger than Seek.com.au.

Max "sick of track pants" Leader

With the salary capped being reduced to $100,000, this equates to $250 per player per game assuming an 18 game season.

This may see big under table payments or players more happy to work weekends or a jobs network bigger than Seek.com.au.

Max "sick of track pants" Leader

Colls new Coach about to be announced................

Did anyone notice the tweet from Paul Amy yesterday regarding some country gun coming to the VAFA in 2021 post vaccine? Does anyone know whom and which club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are over or close to the points cap already, I can't see many/any heading to the Trott.

They are over or close to the points cap already, I can't see many/any heading to the Trott.
I read somewhere that a player's PPV will reduce by 1 for next year, despite not getting on the park in 2020. This might free up some space. You can be sure that some who had previously committed to play this season will not suit up for a combination of reasons. This will apply to all clubs.

Can someone please re fresh my memory. Listening on SEN. D Russell banging on about how good Mark Williams was as a Coach with a huge footy brain. I was under the impression that his "sojurn" with AJAX was an unmitigated disaster. He couldnt have been less interested..Have I got
this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back