EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, this game can be pretty unpredictable & cruel at times! Im glad i didnt grab those Brighton players for this round but in some ways i also acknowledge that i got lucky because if they'd performed well they would be must-haves for their cash generation & scoring. Sometimes the best moves are the trades you dont make. That said, its a long season and it will still be hard to predict on a game-by-game basis. Thats really the beauty of it.
What goes around, comes around. When players punch above their weight, they have to come back at some point.
Same goes for those that under perform.
Most people follow the trend, but I always look at who is over and under performing, and hope I pick the right time to change.
Doesn't always work, but most times, I'm correct.
The thing that made me keep Bruno was Mount being out.
The thing that stopped me from getting Mitoma and Estupinan was that I needed to be different to make ground, and there were equal or better alternatives.

It does feel like you get lucky sometimes, but you can also make your own luck.
Gusto's 1st assist was pure luck though. A dying cat could have pawed the ball to Sterling, who dribbled half the opposition and scored.
There was probably 0.00 xGA in his initial pass to Sterling.

On second thought, im probably going to hold off trading this round. Im happy with my starting team and really the only player that id like to offload is J.Pedro but i cant get anyone good for him unless i use a 2nd trade. Given the only player to lose value in my squad was Haaland, i think im happy with my team.

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 12.04.46 pm.png

On second thought, im probably going to hold off trading this round. Im happy with my starting team and really the only player that id like to offload is J.Pedro but i cant get anyone good for him unless i use a 2nd trade. Given the only player to lose value in my squad was Haaland, i think im happy with my team.

View attachment 1789170
No mucho Gusto?

No mucho Gusto?
Tempted as a cash grab but i like my defenders at the moment, not sure i want to trade any of them. Long term, i think holding the trade could be more valuable. That said, Gusto passed the eye test last game, had great impact and a lucrative role. I'll definitely consider Walker > Gusto but im leaning towards holding at the moment. I kind of like having multiple clubs represented in my starting defenders. Obviously im starting 2 Spurs players at the moment given they play Burnley and im not 100% confident Chelsea will keep a clean sheet this round as NF have been decent attacking wise so far this season.

Tempted as a cash grab but i like my defenders at the moment, not sure i want to trade any of them. Long term, i think holding the trade could be more valuable. That said, Gusto passed the eye test last game, had great impact and a lucrative role. I'll definitely consider Walker > Gusto but im leaning towards holding at the moment. I kind of like having multiple clubs represented in my starting defenders. Obviously im starting 2 Spurs players at the moment given they play Burnley and im not 100% confident Chelsea will keep a clean sheet this round as NF have been decent attacking wise so far this season.
Joao Pedro to Pedro Neto?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First two are quite cheap. Will wait and see how they score, I guess.
I think Doku is one for the future.

Kudus is likely Paqueta's replacement. Paqueta has to respond to gambling charges. Either he gets suspended like Toney, or sold to City.

Hojlund will likely disrupt Martial.

None look like immediate options, but it's probably a good thing. We need some cheap options later.

I know its very early in the season but im just wondering who we think will be the top players currently outside the top 5 (based on averages) in their position to target? I.e the cream that will rise to the top. BOLD signifies they are currently in top 10

Defenders top 5 currently (to have played >1 game) = Andersen/Romero/Estupinan/Pedro Porro/Cash

Defenders = Akanji/Udogie/R.Henry/Trippier/TAA?

Mids top 5 currently = March/Rodri/JWP/Saka/Maddison

Mids = Fernandes/Mitoma/Diaby/Wissa/Foden/Odegaard?

Forwards top 5 currently = Bowen/Mbeumo/Awoniyi/Haaland/Alvarez

Forwards = Salah/Sterling/Isak/Diaz/Enciso/Watkins/P.Neto/Jackson?

Im sure i will have missed several players but i think its good to identify the players that will end up top 5/10 in their position that are currently undervalued. Given its my first EPL season in fantasy, i have gaps in my knowledge so i am very much about analysing the stats while i think a key to fantasy is realising when the stats dont accurately reflect the player's potential i.e when they are underpriced or overpriced.

I know its very early in the season but im just wondering who we think will be the top players currently outside the top 5 (based on averages) in their position to target? I.e the cream that will rise to the top. BOLD signifies they are currently in top 10

Defenders top 5 currently (to have played >1 game) = Andersen/Romero/Estupinan/Pedro Porro/Cash

Defenders = Akanji/Udogie/R.Henry/Trippier/TAA?

Mids top 5 currently = March/Rodri/JWP/Saka/Maddison

Mids = Fernandes/Mitoma/Diaby/Wissa/Foden/Odegaard?

Forwards top 5 currently = Bowen/Mbeumo/Awoniyi/Haaland/Alvarez

Forwards = Salah/Sterling/Isak/Diaz/Enciso/Watkins/P.Neto/Jackson?

Im sure i will have missed several players but i think its good to identify the players that will end up top 5/10 in their position that are currently undervalued. Given its my first EPL season in fantasy, i have gaps in my knowledge so i am very much about analysing the stats while i think a key to fantasy is realising when the stats dont accurately reflect the player's potential i.e when they are underpriced or overpriced.
Great question. For once, I don't have any answer. It's the weirdest season of FPL given so many big names have left the league.

I think these are certain. But I'm going by their avg, not total pts for the season.
There'll be injuries and benchings due to European comps, but if you can get 15 and will be available to make subs, then these guys are a must.

FOR - Haaland, Salah

MID - Saka, Bruno, KDB, Maddison

DEF - Trippier, TAA, Chilwell

There's other who have shown in the past, to have the ability to be top players.
Given they're not in Europe, guys like Sterling, Robertson are good bets.
New comers like Udogie could be. Pedro Porro showed promise, as did some BRE lads.

I think the ones above are the ones I target, and then I hope I can jump from player to player for fixture blocks, to make up the rest.

I think Flekken will be my GK throughout. No intention of changing him unless byes & double game weeks (DGW) provide a reason to.

Udogie and Akanji could be ones to hold onto depending how they are rotated with European and domestic comps.

Diaby is another that could be kept as a 5th MID. He's in the pack for that spot so won't change unless there's an obvious better option.

I think the fifth best mid could come from West Ham: one of Ward-Prowse or Kudus.

I suspect I'll be trading in Kudus after two games. At 4.2m there's no real downside.

I think the fifth best mid could come from West Ham: one of Ward-Prowse or Kudus.

I suspect I'll be trading in Kudus after two games. At 4.2m there's no real downside.
JWP has been consistently good over the years. Reliable fitness, so he'll turn up every week and tick over the 10 pts.
He's up there to consider, but not a priority for me given we don't have enough cash.
I like to pick the lower lying fruit and then work my way up.

Kudus at that price is on the radar. We don't know his role yet.
Hammers going along nicely. No need for them to bring him in immediately.
He's been brought in to replace Paqueta later in the season. I can't see him starting straight away.

146 all out, only 5 players in double digits

Happy with my trades though, Silva to JWP & VVD to Akanji (cash cow).

Next up looking to upgrade Wissa & Sarr in the next couple of weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back