EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Chelsea spuds have got to go.

I traded in Gusto and Sterling after their big scores against Luton and expected something similar against Forest and the clowns lose 0-1, not happy.

Chilwell & Jackson are on the chopping block.

Im thinking about Chilwell, Jackson & Wissa > Alvarez, TAA & Tonali

TAA & Tonali would be plays based on their upcoming schedule. I'm certainly not wedded to the idea of Tonali but im not sure what other options there are. I have the option of using 3-4-3 or 4-4-2 formations so that i dont need to play the 5th mid but id obviously like someone that is worthwhile keeping for the short-medium term.

Eventually id love to get to Maddison to complete my midfield but other than sideways trading Foden - which i might do at some point - getting Maddison is not looking a likely option for at least a little while.

Thinking about these trades. I feel like it may be my only chance to get TAA. I don't need to trade Jackson to have enough cash so i may keep him. He just missed such an easy chance last game, it makes it hard to trust him!

View attachment 1795902
View attachment 1795901
Too much just to get TAA, when others have been taking away his SPs. I'm considering Robertson, who's taking corners, and looks like better value than TAA, whilst also covering a Pool CS. He can get assists too, and his time is coming. It's usually swings and roundabouts. Ultimately, you do want both. Given Pool aren't in UCL, they'll likely be DTers, due to less risk of rotation.

I think im going to do it and trade for Maddison. Having an extremely strong midfield will be my point of difference.

Chilwell > Van Hecke
Jackson > Mudryk
Wissa > Maddison

I'm going to back P.Neto in as my 2nd forward for a couple rounds. Liverpool is obviously a tough matchup but he is scoring well without kicking goals. A couple assists obviously propped up his score last round. If a good cheap midfielder presents themselves i am willing to trade Foden or Diaby so i can still generate cash that way

Screen Shot 2023-09-10 at 2.21.15 pm.png

I think im going to do it and trade for Maddison. Having an extremely strong midfield will be my point of difference.

Chilwell > Van Hecke
Jackson > Mudryk
Wissa > Maddison

I'm going to back P.Neto in as my 2nd forward for a couple rounds. Liverpool is obviously a tough matchup but he is scoring well without kicking goals. A couple assists obviously propped up his score last round. If a good cheap midfielder presents themselves i am willing to trade Foden or Diaby so i can still generate cash that way

View attachment 1799142
Why Mudryk? He's had sub appearances lately for 19 & 22 minutes, and doesn't look like a good bet to make cash.

Mateta doesn't start, with 19 & 19 mins lately, but he's got a 13 in the cycle and drops a 1 the following week.

Danjuma slightly more expensive, and has a BE of -6. Got home games against LUT & BOU when he drops the 15 from his cycle, so could rejuvenate some cash flow.

Wouldn't touch Archer. Gets dispossessed too much so his misc pts are close to zero.

Wilson is punty, but is a known weak team bully. Got 3/4 home games coming up against LUT, CHE & SHU.
I haven't checked what his role is of late, but used to take lots of SPs.

Why Mudryk? He's had sub appearances lately for 19 & 22 minutes, and doesn't look like a good bet to make cash.

Mateta doesn't start, with 19 & 19 mins lately, but he's got a 13 in the cycle and drops a 1 the following week.

Danjuma slightly more expensive, and has a BE of -6. Got home games against LUT & BOU when he drops the 15 from his cycle, so could rejuvenate some cash flow.

Wouldn't touch Archer. Gets dispossessed too much so his misc pts are close to zero.

Wilson is punty, but is a known weak team bully. Got 3/4 home games coming up against LUT, CHE & SHU.
I haven't checked what his role is of late, but used to take lots of SPs.
Mudryk is the only one I can afford. I'll have a hard think about whether I actually pull the trigger but having Maddison would be a major move, whether I do it at the expense of a better balanced side is the question. I'm always open to downgrading another mid later and improving my bench if needed

Mudryk is the only one I can afford. I'll have a hard think about whether I actually pull the trigger but having Maddison would be a major move, whether I do it at the expense of a better balanced side is the question. I'm always open to downgrading another mid later and improving my bench if needed
If Maddison was the 11th premo, Mudryk would be sufficient. But I think at this stage, you should focus on balance and cash generation.

Gusto will soon have to be moved on, and I don't think Ahmedhodzic will be able to assist in pts and cash either. Probably Van Hecke also. But I suppose Gusto can be converted into someone decent, and the two Spurs DEF have a good run so both can be used.
Neto isn't a massive problem, as he seems to get decent misc pts, so wouldn't disadvantage you in the short term, especially when others don't have 11 premos.

I guess it all depends on your risk acceptance, but it certainly isn't a suicidal season ending decision. Fair reward if it pays off.

Last edited:
If Maddison was the 11th premo, Mudryk would be sufficient. But I think at this stage, you should focus on balance and cash generation.

Gusto will soon have to be moved on, and I don't think Ahmedhodzic will be able to assist in pts and cash either. Probably Van Hecke also. But I suppose Gusto can be converted into someone decent, and the two Spurs DEF have a good run so both can be used.
Neto isn't a massive problem, as he seems to get decent misc pts, so wouldn't disadvantage you in the short term, especially when others don't have 11 premos.

I guess it all depends on your risk acceptance, but it certainly isn't a suicidal season ending decision. Fair reward if it pays off.

I keep going back and forth because Chelsea still have a favourable fixture for the next 4-5 rounds which makes me 2nd guess whether i keep Jackson or not. Im actually leaning towards keeping him now. Neto & Gusto are very much my cash cows. I have another way to get Maddison but i dont know if i'll do it as it involves trading in 2 speculative defenders. Risky!

Risk goes both ways too, in some ways its risky not having the best players because if they are popular and score well & then get to a price outside of what you can easily afford, then everyone else can have the benefits while you play catchup. Then there is the obvious risk of having to tear your team apart to get a player who is priced so high that they pretty much have to score well or the opportunity cost is massive.

Looking at Maddison in particular, i still dont know that much about soccer but he seems to be very smart at getting in the right areas and obviously he has a handy skill set. Its his volume of involvements that is most appealing to me because when the assists/goals arent there, you want players who can hit double digits or close to, not go missing and score 5 or less.

I know that im agonising over this decision but that is the case thanks to the week off. I still think getting Maddison gives me the best scoring potential but at the cost of cash gen and bench depth. Its a tradeoff.

Anyway, im keen to see what moves other posters make this round!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a disappointment that guy was.

I'm bringing in Trippier. Seems to score fine even without clean sheets or score involvements.
Absolutely. Didnt make the most of his chances at all. I was going to trade him last round but i gave him another chance as he had that 16 in his rolling average but now i'll be very glad to see the back of him.

My team after trades

Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 12.16.29 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back