EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I expected BRI to do well in GW1 vs LUT, but the next result was a complete surprise.
I went with 4 Big Guns and fillers. The fillers have all done really well but Salah and Bruno have been poor.
Salah will likely have to go to free up cash to get Mitoma and Estupinan in.
BRI fixtures change, but they're the biggest cash cows, and if we don't make cash now, we fall behind.
With their biggest score in the 2nd game, they'll have 2 price rises.
Given Kane has gone, KDB is injured, and maybe Maddison injured too, I have to target Trippier.
NEW fixtures will change soon, so when his price dips, if we don't get him then, he could be gone.

I think the premium defenders were hard for me to pick out this season, but Trippier would definitely be number one. Then you have TAA, Estupinan, Chilwell and I don't know who else. I'm hoping for someone to get some attacking stats. Maybe it will be Udogie; he seems to be getting forward quite a bit.

My Chelsea players sucked this week. Good thing they've got Luton Town next week. Worst thing is to trade out a player who then scores a brace, so I'll hold onto Jackson.

163 pts
Overall 1
Up 56 spots

Pedro to someone at a similar price
Alvarez is the one that stands out for me. Good run of fixtures, in form, playing for the champions, getting lots of time and not likely to be rested given injuries / sales.

Nic Jackson for a punt, but Luton could do the lootin given how poor CHE is.

Then Neto from WOL vs EVE. Good misc pts and could be the week he goes big.

But if you're sick of Pedros, then Edouard is next, and finally Nketiah.

But BRI play before MAC, so if you want, you can see if Pedro will start this week, then go for Alvarez.
He'll make BE anyway, so he's not even an urgent transfer if you can cover via formation change.
But there's a good opportunity to make some cash from his position, so I understand if you want to dump.

Advice on trading Mason Mount? I think I'll probably trade him. I selected him largely on the basis of his form two season ago. Playing more defensively, which limits points.

Advice on trading Mason Mount? I think I'll probably trade him. I selected him largely on the basis of his form two season ago. Playing more defensively, which limits points.
Frank Lampard knew how to play him. Every other manager has wasted him.

Bissouma looks a good punt. Cheap as chips. Should make cash and seems reliable for 10 misc pts.

110 pts for the last round which moved me up about 500 spots to 597th.

Traded in Wissa and Luis Diaz who both got on the scoresheet with goals.

I have Mount too, have to trade him now he's injured, Mitoma looks the obvious target but I'm about 900k short, need to get cash from another trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep going back and forth. Im thinking i need to grab one of Mitoma or Estupinan and i dont want to disrupt my midfield so its Estupinan that ill target.

3 trades to get to this. Changed my bench forwards to Neto and Mudryk in order to upgrade to Estupinan. Im not entirely happy but i think ive got to capitalise on what will be a massive price rise for Estupinan and hopefully another big score this round.

Mudryk and P.Neto both have favourable schedules coming up and i dont need to field them. Admittedly, im using more trades than i need to in order to preserve my midfield but im confident Bruno & Foden have big scores in them and the other mids are value for money.

It would be easier if i didnt have faith in Bruno but i do and i reckon he fires this round. To be honest, i kinda hamstrung myself by spending most of the salary cap on my midfield. Thus, i can understand why people might say i should sell Foden or Bruno in order to gain better balance but i picked them for a reason so ill just try and eek out enough cash with other trades and then hopefully the big gun mids start scoring like that.

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 1.08.32 pm.png

I keep going back and forth. Im thinking i need to grab one of Mitoma or Estupinan and i dont want to disrupt my midfield so its Estupinan that ill target.

3 trades to get to this. Changed my bench forwards to Neto and Mudryk in order to upgrade to Estupinan. Im not entirely happy but i think ive got to capitalise on what will be a massive price rise for Estupinan and hopefully another big score this round.

Mudryk and P.Neto both have favourable schedules coming up and i dont need to field them. Admittedly, im using more trades than i need to in order to preserve my midfield but im confident Bruno & Foden have big scores in them and the other mids are value for money.

It would be easier if i didnt have faith in Bruno but i do and i reckon he fires this round. To be honest, i kinda hamstrung myself by spending most of the salary cap on my midfield. Thus, i can understand why people might say i should sell Foden or Bruno in order to gain better balance but i picked them for a reason so ill just try and eek out enough cash with other trades and then hopefully the big gun mids start scoring like that.
You're right to leave the midfield alone. I wouldn't touch it. It was wrong of you to not balance the side when you went with 3 big MIDs, but it's worked out well with Foden being better than Salah. Unfortunately, not many cheap FORs have stepped up and that's the reason you have a dilemma.

Your desire for getting Estupinan is simply to make money. So surely there are other ways to do that?
If everyone above you has him, then you're using a transfer to just keep up. I think you need to look for an equal differential.

You should probably look to Alvarez. Pep has a habit of sticking with his team until UCL starts.
I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket, but when it's City, it's a decent punt. Haaland, Foden & Alvarez can all get big returns in a game.

Pedro Neto is a fair punt given his misc pts are 7, and he has good threat. A goal against poor EVE would put a big score in his cycle and get you good cash in 3 weeks. You'd have to wait, but that's a good thing IMO. Not a necessary trade, and holding Richarlison might pay off. Save trades if in doubt.

Konate can become Akanji. City play before Pool, so that trade can happen after you confirm him starting.
If it's too many City, and you want to bank some cash, maybe Kerkez? Cheap, and gets a heap of misc pts.
Got 7 against Pool, and that included the -4 for GC. BOU have a tough run still, so he'll be busy.
Should BOU somehow manage to keep a CS, he'll go massive.

Garnacho -> Alvarez
Szobo -> Bissouma
Lockyer -> Van de Ven

Nothing wrong with the players going out, but need to play the percentages and try make cash.

VdV or Kerkez? Could maybe bank the extra 450k.
If Spurs don't keep a CS, I'm likely worse off.
If BOU keep a surprise CS, I'm going to be much worse off.
In Ange I will trust.

1692923035321.png

I missed out on Gusto. Not sure if it's a one-off, but 27 is very nice for a cheap defender.
Yeah, was a surprise given his attacking past. Kudos for those that went for him.
If Reece had been certified to be out longer, I'd have punted too. But Reece is expected back in GW5.
I thought Gusto would get 10 pts, but two attacking returns was a dream.
Still not too late to get him. With such a big score in his cycle, there's still some cash to be made on him.

Accounting for Flekken coming in and Bruno's VC score being doubled has me sitting on 7(c)/123 - Haaland, Foden, Walker & Diaby to come. Im stoked
Anyone that brought in Mitoma, Estupinan, Wissa and Mbeumo, would be wondering if they killed 4 black cats, under a ladder, with shards of a mirror they broke.

Diaby played 90' midweek and didn't get a crumb in a 5-0 win. That's 9 goals without a crumb.
Hope he gets the only goal in a 1-1 draw.

Anyone that brought in Mitoma, Estupinan, Wissa and Mbeumo, would be wondering if they killed 4 black cats, under a ladder, with shards of a mirror they broke.

Diaby played 90' midweek and didn't get a crumb in a 5-0 win. That's 9 goals without a crumb.
Hope he gets the only goal in a 1-1 draw.
Yeah, this game can be pretty unpredictable & cruel at times! Im glad i didnt grab those Brighton players for this round but in some ways i also acknowledge that i got lucky because if they'd performed well they would be must-haves for their cash generation & scoring. Sometimes the best moves are the trades you dont make. That said, its a long season and it will still be hard to predict on a game-by-game basis. Thats really the beauty of it.

Foden benched. That's the risk with Foden, Silva, Grealish.

Akanji is also out. I don't know why. Injured?

But at least Alvarez is starting.

Last edited:
Foden benched. That's the risk with Foden, Silva, Grealish.

Akanji is also out. I don't know why. Injured?

But at least Alvarez is starting.

Had Alvarez from the start, but it’s risky because he could also be rotated and my 3rd striker is DCL and not sure when he’ll be back.

My net trades are still a plus on who I traded out, but it’s not been a good week for my team so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back