Fitzroy
University BlacksFitzroyUniversity Blacks
1st SEMIFINAL
COBURG CITY OVAL 11:40am SUN 4/9
vsvs
De La SalleDe La SalleDe La Salle
Old Carey

Last edited:

I feel so sorry for those boys who worked so hard this year to get to the GF.

How could any football league, let alone the VAFA, actually send those lads out there yesterday to play in those conditions?

Apart from the standard of the game, did anyone consider the player health and safety? What a cluster *.

Having said all of that, congrats to Old Haileybury and Uni Blacks for the way they handled themselves in those deplorable and disgraceful conditions, they all handled themselves with class.

They’ll both be great in Premier section next year I’m sure, again well done to their whole clubs.

I feel so sorry for those boys who worked so hard this year to get to the GF.

How could any football league, let alone the VAFA, actually send those lads out there yesterday to play in those conditions?

Apart from the standard of the game, did anyone consider the player health and safety? What a cluster *.

Having said all of that, congrats to Old Haileybury and Uni Blacks for the way they handled themselves in those deplorable and disgraceful conditions, they all handled themselves with class.

They’ll both be great in Premier section next year I’m sure, again well done to their whole clubs.
Well said Mr B. What an absolute $hit show that was. Unplayable and dangerous and the only people who could not see this coming were the boffins at HQ. Meanwhile any number of good suburban grounds sat vacant. Extraordinary. I really feel for Blacks. Have been the best side all year (in fact for last two years) and yesterdays’ quagmire made the result a lottery. Big jump in class to Premier A and both clubs will need to do some solid recruiting to be competitive. While their top end is good, OH depth is not, and I fear their reserves will cop some fearful beltings.

For my club - you are ultimately judged by the seniors and despite a solid back half of the season, 5th place has to be seen as a disappointing result. But wrapped to see the DLS lads salute in the 2s and send some stalwarts out in style. Undefeated in 2021 before the season ended abruptly so reckon this silverware was well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back