B Section Premier B - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Good day for the SKOB faithful at the college yesterday on foundation day. A sold out lunch witnessed a very aggressive, committed & focussed group outclass Old Brighton in all facets of the game. This season we have witnessed the good, the bad & the ugly of SKOB. Yesterday was very, very good.

For what its worth, results all pretty much went to plan except for the Roys getting over Caulfield which makes life interesting for them both now. Parkdale did everything right except win on the weekend. SKOB beating Brighton is a bit of a turn up especially the size of the margin. As for AJAX if the rumours are true about who is leaving for the next month (i.e. their forward line), they must be rueing that loss on the weekend.
As I have said before the final four is locked and loaded;) but I have no idea who wins this thing.

Been away and missed a few roys games, but definitely breathing a lot easier now we're out of the relegation zone and our future is really in our own hands. Have to play Werribee (R14) & Parkdale (R16) win both and we're pretty much secure in Premier B for another season, which is all you can ask for first year up.

Terrific to hear that you took your young bloke along to an Amateur Game Saints Mat.
And to pass on to the next generations about Fitzroy and their VFL history is equally important to ensure our footy heritage and the stories behind why changes happened to them.
Make sure you take your young fella to more Ammo games especially a Premier Section clash as it is quality football..and you can kick the Sherrin with him at half time!!

OSOM

Fair dinkum Fitzroy supporters are like those save Albert Park galahs trying to ban the Grand Prix.
Fitzroy folded because they had a handful of supporters and they were not financially viable to exist in the AFL. They went into Administration owing millions and expecting the AFL to pay for their mistakes. How many times did they rattle the cans? They had no plan to grow the club or attract new members. They moved from ground to ground trying to save costs further alienating their dwindling band of supporters and then tried to back door Footscray until one brave supporter stood up against the AFL and Fitzroy. South Melbourne were in the same boat in the late 70's and early 80's. Fitzroy's response was to try and grab the Lakeside Oval for their own purposes. South Melbourne moved to Sydney and their history remains in tact. Fitzroy refused to go Interstate and died a slow and painful death. All these cafe latte inner suburban Greenies try to pretend that there was some sort of conspiracy.Please enjoy your footy in B grade have your alfalfa sandwiches and make sure your hybrid cars are powered up, but stop the whining about Fitzroy.

Fair dinkum Fitzroy supporters are like those save Albert Park galahs trying to ban the Grand Prix.
Fitzroy folded because they had a handful of supporters and they were not financially viable to exist in the AFL. They went into Administration owing millions and expecting the AFL to pay for their mistakes. How many times did they rattle the cans? They had no plan to grow the club or attract new members. They moved from ground to ground trying to save costs further alienating their dwindling band of supporters and then tried to back door Footscray until one brave supporter stood up against the AFL and Fitzroy. South Melbourne were in the same boat in the late 70's and early 80's. Fitzroy's response was to try and grab the Lakeside Oval for their own purposes. South Melbourne moved to Sydney and their history remains in tact. Fitzroy refused to go Interstate and died a slow and painful death. All these cafe latte inner suburban Greenies try to pretend that there was some sort of conspiracy.Please enjoy your footy in B grade have your alfalfa sandwiches and make sure your hybrid cars are powered up, but stop the whining about Fitzroy.

There is actual Fitzroy board that you can take this crap to.....

Ventured out to Albert Park to get my footy fix for the weekend. SKOB ressies very good against OM's in the catch up game. Pat Dowd shone in his return to football after a pre season injury & will be a handy inclusion. Whisper is 7-8 more to follow next week.

Another great day of football in perfect conditions at the 'new' T H King. SKOB made amends for their earlier loss this season at Parkdale with a 12 goal thumping. Some real cohesion is developing in Harf's unit & only 1 change this week reflects this. Thought I was late for the start of the main game when I saw Dowd x 2, K Wissell & J Marchesani running around but was assured by the pres it was the end of the ressies game. Harf has his boys fighting for a spot which has created some really healthy competition at the club. BTW Boland is a star, good hands, skillful & a beautiful kick. Would walk in to any A Grade team.

Another great day of football in perfect conditions at the 'new' T H King. SKOB made amends for their earlier loss this season at Parkdale with a 12 goal thumping. Some real cohesion is developing in Harf's unit & only 1 change this week reflects this. Thought I was late for the start of the main game when I saw Dowd x 2, K Wissell & J Marchesani running around but was assured by the pres it was the end of the ressies game. Harf has his boys fighting for a spot which has created some really healthy competition at the club. BTW Boland is a star, good hands, skillful & a beautiful kick. Would walk in to any A Grade team.

Skevs looking very powerful, starting to really crush teams now with Harfs full ground press working beautifully. Also Parkdales Boland doesnt get many opportunities, but he does make the most of the few he does get. As good as anyone in the comp at converting,?

For what its worth the AJAX story continues to amaze, OH would be ruing their missed opportunities which may have just ended their year.
The OM's v OTs is a big one for finals positions but imagine OMs are about to cop their second 15 goal loss in a row.

A workmanlike effort by SKOB at Soldiers Reserve last Saturday. Despite the Friday night deluge, the ground was in remarkably good condition, although the wicket area in the centre got a bit heavy by the end. Werribee kept at SKOB all day in the wet with their bigger bodied crash/bang style giving SKOB a thorough examination, the 3rd quarter in particular, but 6 goals to 0 during this period reflected the away team's dominance. With 2 home games in a row to come at the King & the list getting healthier at the right time of the year for a change, the gap between the top 4 continues to lessen. Get ready for a roller coaster between the top 4 over the next 5 weeks I reckon !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've no major beef with Werribee and hope they stablise in C next year. Sure they weren't exactly adorable on the way up, but as both a district club and from the west, it's a key for the comp for them to be strong.

Though what happened to all of the posters who used to enlighten us with every little tidbit of news from Soldiers Reserve, right down to what Kirk Norton had for dinner on the Thursday night?

And they used to have a go at other clubs for putting up the shutters and not posting in the tough times. And here they are in a rough patch and are nowhere to be seen!!

I've no major beef with Werribee and hope they stablise in C next year. Sure they weren't exactly adorable on the way up, but as both a district club and from the west, it's a key for the comp for them to be strong.

Though what happened to all of the posters who used to enlighten us with every little tidbit of news from Soldiers Reserve, right down to what Kirk Norton had for dinner on the Thursday night?

And they used to have a go at other clubs for putting up the shutters and not posting in the tough times. And here they are in a rough patch and are nowhere to be seen!!

Have heard something about Werribee's future. Am not surprised at it. To lose 40 players off your senior list in 2 seasons, all because of money, would gut every Amateur team. That is the reality. I hope the suggestion I have had isn't true.

They certainly put on a magnificent afternoon tea, even better than Maxy's mob used to before they folded (sorry Max:) )
T'was funny to watch them try and 'rough up' the Skevs boys, they obviously haven't heard about the SKC reputation.

They certainly put on a magnificent afternoon tea, even better than Maxy's mob used to before they folded (sorry Max:) )
T'was funny to watch them try and 'rough up' the Skevs boys, they obviously haven't heard about the SKC reputation.
BS thats utter BS.

OI do the best lunch, afternoon and post match food for guests, spectators, umpires and players.

Tell me what club puts on free food for players after a game. The Pirates did appreciate the pizza we gave earlier this year.

Bent over last year, but not folded.

Gluten Free Max

From what I hear Max I expect you guys will be back in B next year, hopefully we still won't get to sample the second best lunch in the VAFA :)

Just on Werribee, they don't have a website, sad and may be heading the way of Rupo.....

From what I hear Max I expect you guys will be back in B next year, hopefully we still won't get to sample the second best lunch in the VAFA :)

Just on Werribee, they don't have a website, sad and may be heading the way of Rupo.....

Mazenod are clear "leaders" at the moment and should equip themselves very well in B Grade.
Then there is 4 others fighting for the final 3 spots. Monash, Marc, OE and OI.
Biggest surprise is Monash, who were to be relegated to D Grade in 2013, but thanks to Rupo, stayed up and have taken all before them. Starting to struggle now and may be the ones to miss out.
Exciting next 5 weeks.

"Back to C Grade Thread" Max

FWIW was a 3rd division created in B after the weekend's results?
Div 1 - Finals (OB, OT, OMs, SKOB)
Div 2 - No man's land (AJAX, OH)
Div 3 - Relegation battle (the rest)

So now it is down to 4, who is going to win this thing? Sportsbet have a market on B Section with OT $3, OB $3.25, OMs $4, SKOB $4.25
I would personally switch OB and OT around, with OTs form tapering off a little in the past month. A couple of absentees have been noted and depth might be tested if this continues. Did I really read on the OB website that Dawes played in the reserves on the weekend? He would be a handy late inclusion for the Tonners. Their loss against SKOB in particular the margin was surprising and must be of some concern if they meet again in the finals. This may not happen as SKOB may need to get over OMs in the 1st semi who they have typically struggled against in the past. But in saying that I have some doubt on OT finishing in the top2. Got no doubt OB would prefer to play OMs in a 2nd semi and not SKOB but SKOB wouldnt want to play OMs in a first semi, but OT would!
Confusing? Yes! Intriguing? Yes!
Going to be a interesting little month coming up, but I suggest you take the $3.25 about OB at this stage as a GF spot looks likely.

FWIW was a 3rd division created in B after the weekend's results?
Div 1 - Finals (OB, OT, OMs, SKOB)
Div 2 - No man's land (AJAX, OH)
Div 3 - Relegation battle (the rest)

So now it is down to 4, who is going to win this thing? Sportsbet have a market on B Section with OT $3, OB $3.25, OMs $4, SKOB $4.25
I would personally switch OB and OT around, with OTs form tapering off a little in the past month. A couple of absentees have been noted and depth might be tested if this continues. Did I really read on the OB website that Dawes played in the reserves on the weekend? He would be a handy late inclusion for the Tonners. Their loss against SKOB in particular the margin was surprising and must be of some concern if they meet again in the finals. This may not happen as SKOB may need to get over OMs in the 1st semi who they have typically struggled against in the past. But in saying that I have some doubt on OT finishing in the top2. Got no doubt OB would prefer to play OMs in a 2nd semi and not SKOB but SKOB wouldnt want to play OMs in a first semi, but OT would!
Confusing? Yes! Intriguing? Yes!
Going to be a interesting little month coming up, but I suggest you take the $3.25 about OB at this stage as a GF spot looks likely.

HAHA very confusing and very Intriguing.

All things being equal there are only 3 games in the season that matter for the top 4.

OT V OB - OT win
OM V Skevs - OM win
OT v Skevs - Skevs win

If is this is played out the top 4 would be:
OT
OM
OB
Skevs

and I predict a OT v OB grand final playoff

GS, surely the Salopek brothers, Lynch, Edgar and co as inclusions to SKOB over the next few weeks will make them a little stronger? OM's the sleeper IMO, a very good side on their day, OB powerful and OT sliding?

GS, surely the Salopek brothers, Lynch, Edgar and co as inclusions to SKOB over the next few weeks will make them a little stronger? OM's the sleeper IMO, a very good side on their day, OB powerful and OT sliding?

BS yeah those guys are going to make SKOBs stronger but as far as i can tell they have been playing most of the year. I really like SKOB but when you lose 10 finals in 5 years I cant see them breaking the hoodoo from 4th. Actually maybe they will prefer the underdog status....

OB very good but are they good away from home?
OT seem to be sliding. They dont like b grade though so think they will be a force with no injuries.
OM the unknown... lost to OT & OB by 100 points then beat them as well. Love the open spaces and finals grounds will suit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back