News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

I’m part way through Leave the World Behind.

We made that mistake too. Unfortunately, not bad enough be able to switch off early.

Good little sleep movie, I hadn't heard about ....."Lucky Number Slevin"

Huge cast !! ....lots of twists and turns, a bit light hearted initially, with a great climatic finish .....4 star IMDB is appropriate IMO

View attachment 1871311

have seen it lots of times, great flick. Hartnett is good, have you seen Hollywood Homicude, it's fun.

have seen it lots of times, great flick. Hartnett is good, have you seen Hollywood Homicude, it's fun.
No I haven't, but getting it as we speak ...thanks, I probably wouldn't have discovered Hollywood Homicide without your post ....probably due to its low IMDB rating (which isn't all that accurate for comedies)

Another good movie, that went a bit under the radar was "Fighting With My Family"

1702671634503.jpeg

Title and premise didn't excite me ....but it's a bloody good movie, and the breakout movie for Florence Pugh, the main character ....another 7/10 movie

Another good movie, that went a bit under the radar was "Fighting With My Family"

View attachment 1872515

Title and premise didn't excite me ....but it's a bloody good movie, and the breakout movie for Florence Pugh, the main character ....another 7/10 movie

really enjoyed it, was a while ago though.

Movie Air is well worth a watch. Great cast and dialogue

The movie explores how Nike's basketball shoe division was struggling in 1984 due to low sales, and how the company's Marketing VP Rob Strasser and CEO Phil Knight tasked basketball talent scout Sonny Vaccaro to find a new spokesperson for their shoes. Although they considered third draft pick Michael Jordan off limits due to his preference for Adidas and Converse, Vaccaro convinced them that Jordan was a generational talent, and that Nike should pursue him and try to convince Jordan to sign with Nike.

Movie Air is well worth a watch. Great cast and dialogue

The movie explores how Nike's basketball shoe division was struggling in 1984 due to low sales, and how the company's Marketing VP Rob Strasser and CEO Phil Knight tasked basketball talent scout Sonny Vaccaro to find a new spokesperson for their shoes. Although they considered third draft pick Michael Jordan off limits due to his preference for Adidas and Converse, Vaccaro convinced them that Jordan was a generational talent, and that Nike should pursue him and try to convince Jordan to sign with Nike.

Yep, thoroughly enjoyed "Air" .....as I did the movie "Blackberry" the story of the rise & dramatic /sudden fall of the Blackberry Phone ....with the introduction of Apple's IPhone

Great story

Forgot about this gem ....."Dungeons and Dragons Honor Among Thieves 2023"

Had very low expectation of this movie, but as an action comedy ....it was a very enjoyable movie

Chris Pine and Michelle Rodriguez carry the movie .....and of course Hugh Grant continuing to play the same lovable rogue, as in "The Gentlemen" and "Operation Fortune"

I can highly recommend ..... 8/10

1702979961866.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snyder is talented but Rebel Moon is a misfire

I rely a lot on IMDB to get initial feedback on Movies ....I don't place too much credence in Comedy Ratings, but I do with Movies such as "Rebel Moon"

I've been looking forward to this movie for ages ....so many people can't be this wrong on IMDB .....particularly when you allow for the normal planting of positive reviews from the studio's ......so I'm not watching it

GROTTO ....have you seen Rebel Moon ?

Conversely really looking forward now to "Poor Things" with Emma Stone

Watched "The Burial" last night ....I love Legal Drama's .....and this was OK, with Jamie Foxx, and Tommy Lee Jones

Parts of the show, regarding evidence, didn't quite make sense ....by that, I mean some parts didn't add to the overall story & appeared to be dramatic padding
And early on you dislike Jamie Foxx's character ....in the 2nd half of the movie, he has a character make-over and gains your sympathy

I really loved Jurnee Smollett as the prosecutor

A bit biased, due to my love of Courtroom Movies .....but I rated 6.5 / 10

Watched "The Burial" last night ....I love Legal Drama's .....and this was OK, with Jamie Foxx, and Tommy Lee Jones

Parts of the show, regarding evidence, didn't quite make sense ....by that, I mean some parts didn't add to the overall story & appeared to be dramatic padding
And early on you dislike Jamie Foxx's character ....in the 2nd half of the movie, he has a character make-over and gains your sympathy

how did you go with Hollywood homicide? Nothing award winning but a fun flick with a good cast.

how did you go with Hollywood homicide? Nothing award winning but a fun flick with a good cast.
I watched it ....and I had seen the movie B4, the movie title just hadn't clicked with me

As you said, enjoyable movie ....no Academy Award performances ...Harrison Ford though, has rarely made a bad movie

Have you seen Ford in "Morning Glory" ?

I have it and will watch it asap.
Love Tommy Lee Jones movies. Last night I finally watched one of his older movies, The Emperor. He played Douglas Mcarther in his position of governing Japan after WW2 and one of his generals who he tasked with the job of finding out if The Emperor should go to trial for war crimes.

I watched it ....and I had seen the movie B4, the movie title just hadn't clicked with me

As you said, enjoyable movie ....no Academy Award performances ...Harrison Ford though, has rarely made a bad movie

Have you seen Ford in "Morning Glory" ?

only once and a while ago, but do remember enjoying. Probably more memorable because ordinarily I cannot stand Diane Keaton characters. But I didn't mind her in that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back