Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 246 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 129 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody is saying that they are great global citizens.

But there is data from across the world that shows the effectiveness of these vaccines.

You can't just scrub that data from the record because the drug companies are soulless vampires.

After pumping three doses into me I immediately got covid. That was 1 and a half years ago and since then my entire family haven't had it. The government said the vaccine would reduce the rate in which we contracted it. That was disproved as it went through the population like wildfire while we were all vaxed.

So much for credibility

Last edited:

Yeah Chief

No need for name calling like you did previously or responding in a silly way.
Ok at SOME point after your third dose you got Covid.

Same with me. What else was happening at the time?

Ok at SOME point after your third dose you got Covid.

Same with me. What else was happening at the time?

Yes, that's correct. Nothing else was happening at the time. My whole family got it at the same time. We were all vaccinated.

I'm not anti-vax. I've never stated that I am. I do question it's efficacy though.

I've had friends and family that are fully vaxed and some who aren't. The unvaxed were no worse off. That may be by luck. It was reported that the spread of the virus would be slowed down dramatically from vaccination however that was proven to be false.

Yes, that's correct. Nothing else was happening at the time. My whole family got it at the same time. We were all vaccinated.

I'm not anti-vax. I've never stated that I am. I do question it's efficacy though.

I've had friends and family that are fully vaxed and some who aren't. The unvaxed were no worse off. That may be by luck. It was reported that the spread of the virus would be slowed down dramatically from vaccination however that was proven to be false.
These are anecdotes. You can have unlucky clusters of severe illness or clusters of people who had little to no effects from it.

The virus mutates. They all do. The timelines of different strains dominating and so on are a bit complicated across populations, but things did change and vaccines became more or less effective in different areas at different times.

Look at the data. Unvaccinated 15 times more likely to end up in hospital. A multiple (I knew it at the time but cannot recall it now) of unvaccinated people die compared to their proportion of the population.

This is replicated across the planet.

Look at the data. Unvaccinated 15 times more likely to end up in hospital. A multiple (I knew it at the time but cannot recall it now) of unvaccinated people die compared to their proportion of the population.

And yet the NSW Health department data showed something completely different to that statement.
Below is the last report the NSW Health department produced that showed NSW Hospitalised Covid-19 patients by vaccination status. They no longer show cases by vaccination status.
(Source: p4 from https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Documents/weekly-covid-overview-20221231.pdf )

1679928581706.png

And this is about the time that you call me a liar and have me banned from the thread for producing real world data that you do not like ... or do I have too wait for your henchman to come in hear and sprout some junk strawman argument about the "Unknown" status.

And BTW, a family of 3, no jabs, no Covid-19 (as far as we know).
I have never had a need to test.
Child has tested a handful of times (close contact and when dealing with a cough), always negative.

Australian Covid-19 case numbers reported weekly were sitting at around 17,356 - 17,458 for the three weeks prior to the 5th dose/booster becoming available (20th Feb '23). Cases for the last week were 23,606. Dose numbers for the week have increased from around 28k-42k for the three weeks prior to 20/2/23 to 191k for the past week.
(Data sourced from covidlive.com.au eg. Daily Doses Administered - COVID Live )

I can understand not wanting another covid vaxx, i dont want one, i dont really want any needles that arent absolutely necessary, needles suck, even ones that arent bad.

I also had mild adverse reactions to the vaccine all 2 out of 3 times but...

Are we really still doing the "vaxx doesnt work and could be dangerous" thing? Really?

Alllllll the actual data shows that it worked, it reduced severe illness and death and that it was overwhelmingly safe. Its been 3 years and if you wanna move on, then by all means move on, the likelihood of a mandated fourth is ridiculously low but dont keep trying to bang on about how we dont know what we put into our bodies (most of us havent a clue whats in any vaccine or shot or pills) and this was no different.

That was not proven at all.

And yet the NSW Health department data showed something completely different to that statement.
Below is the last report the NSW Health department produced that showed NSW Hospitalised Covid-19 patients by vaccination status. They no longer show cases by vaccination status.
(Source: p4 from https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Documents/weekly-covid-overview-20221231.pdf )

View attachment 1642160

And this is about the time that you call me a liar and have me banned from the thread for producing real world data that you do not like ... or do I have too wait for your henchman to come in hear and sprout some junk strawman argument about the "Unknown" status.

You have no idea how to interpret data, do you?

Those numbers are only relevant in relation to the total number of people who sit in each particular group. That is without any other variables being considered.

You cookers really are an intellectually limited bunch, prone to clinging onto whatever morsel of data you think proves your point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll await your link. From a reputable source, with proper scientific evidence please.

Yeah ok champ

Cast your mind back to when everyone had three doses and both Melbourne and Sydney were having tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of cases everyday.

The so called experts were saying it would shield us from contracting it if everyone was vaxed, herd immunity. Then most of the population contracted covid over a short period of time.

And you go around name-calling people who you don't agree with. Good one cooker.

Yeah ok champ

Cast your mind back to when everyone had three doses and both Melbourne and Sydney were having tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of cases everyday.

The so called experts were saying it would shield us from contracting it if everyone was vaxed, herd immunity. Then most of the population contracted covid over a short period of time.

And you go around name-calling people who you don't agree with. Good one cooker.

So no scientific basis for your comments then? Gotcha. :thumbsu:

And I'm not the cooker champ. I'm not the one spouting anti-vax bullshit.

So no scientific basis for your comments then? Gotcha. :thumbsu:

And I'm not the cooker champ. I'm not the one spouting anti-vax bullshit.

I'm not anti vax. Go re- read all my comments

Vaccines has helped to eradicate a number of viruses such as small pox.

You are the cooker champ. It's a known fact that after the majority of people in Australia who were eligible to be vaxxed became vaxxed then the government let it rip through society. Prove to me it didn't? Except you can't.

I'm not anti vax. Go re- read all my comments

Vaccines has helped to eradicate a number of viruses such as small pox.

You are the cooker champ. It's a known fact that after the majority of people in Australia who were eligible to be vaxxed became vaxxed then the government let it rip through society. Prove to me it didn't? Except you can't.

The burden of proof is on you champ.

You made a claim that you cannot (so far) back up. Here it is for your reference:

It was reported that the spread of the virus would be slowed down dramatically from vaccination however that was proven to be false.

You made the claim, you back it up with evidence. That's how it works.

The burden of proof is on you champ.

You made a claim that you cannot (so far) back up. Here it is for your reference:

It was reported that the spread of the virus would be slowed down dramatically from vaccination however that was proven to be false.

You made the claim, you back it up with evidence. That's how it works.

Knock yourself out cooker

A numbers dump is not scientific evidence you poor, simple twit.

Try harder.

You may need to try harder

Gotta love the childish remarks

It's collected data from the health department of the nsw government. It's fact.

If you can't accept it then maybe you need to grow up

You may need to try harder

Gotta love the childish remarks

It's collected data from the health department of the nsw government. It's fact.

If you can't accept it then maybe you need to grow up

It's collected numbers, not even close to the scientific data that substantiates your claim.

So, onto ignore you go. Something about arguing with an idiot for too long and people not knowing the difference. But I will leave you with this. This is actual scientific data.

You're not the sharpest but do your best to try to understand it. Give it the old college try eh champ?

Adios.

It's collected numbers, not even close to the scientific data that substantiates your claim.

So, onto ignore you go. Something about arguing with an idiot for too long and people not knowing the difference. But I will leave you with this. This is actual scientific data.

You're not the sharpest but do your best to try to understand it. Give it the old college try eh champ?

Adios.

Another childish response

You didn't disprove my argument

Surely everyone other than anyone who was once required to have the flu shot is taking it now. If you don't require it to travel then I think it's over.

Back