Draft Expert PMBangers 2023 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The three players you used to compare him to all have major deficiencies in their games and all three have had their respective clubs require them to play specific roles that are heavily compensated by other mids on the team. Yes…I understand this is how a team works…but the limitations in their games have held their respective clubs back at times.

For mine, using a top 10 pick on a mid with a lack of break away speed is asking for trouble.
Ah wot, what’s the major deficiency in Libbas game and how has it held back our club? This will be interesting

Ah wot, what’s the major deficiency in Libbas game and how has it held back our club? This will be interesting
Libba is the most important midfielder at the Dogs, IMO. Midfield runs like a dream when he’s playing; wheels seem to completely fall off if he gets injured or is out. I know he doesn’t have much flash but that grunt work he does is ridiculously valuable.

Libba is the most important midfielder at the Dogs, IMO. Midfield runs like a dream when he’s playing; wheels seem to completely fall off if he gets injured or is out. I know he doesn’t have much flash but that grunt work he does is ridiculously valuable.
Their skipper goes alright and probably has claims to be their most important.
Regardless on what order you rank them, Libba is terrific and any club would be thrilled if a player they draft tonight ends up as good as him.

Round 1 up now, Round 2 will be up after that, then rounds 3, 4 and 5 will be one post as well.
PMBangers
Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without risk of derailing the thread. KM did a lot of hard work for the board, especially in the earlier days and it was appreciated by us tragics.

Unfortunately he rubbed the wrong people up the wrong way, possibly a touch of plagiarism of an avid Brisbane posting maniac and perhaps the ego got a little too big in the end.

At the end of the day, he contributed far more positives than negatives and is a little harshly spoken of overall. In my humble little opinion anyway.

Anyhoo, I digress. It's draft day Kents...Let's get pumped!!!!

After all this anticipation about what pick 7 will bring, it is looking increasingly like it'll be just traded out.
If we trade out to North or WCE there is a very real chance we turn Jacob Hopper into pick 1.
The added benefits of spreading the age demographic, release a stack of Salary cap stress and what looked like a painful experience could end up a god send.

Last edited:
Any final thoughts before this thread draws to a close DR?
Not particularly, this year was a bit exhausting given the evenness of the crop post 11ish and I'm happy to see it come to an end

Not particularly, this year was a bit exhausting given the evenness of the crop post 11ish and I'm happy to see it come to an end
And additionally, the first round shows the public know nothing when it comes to the draft and clubs don't get sucked into hype

Remove this Banner Ad

Back