VFL Pies v Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Tsatas play a forward role?
Would rather keep Hobbs doing it and I think Hobbs should be playing VFL midfield and not AFL small forward.

I like this VFL contingent now they have AFL listers around them. Hoare seems a very likely type, Oscar Smart played in the young guns series and should be in mid season draft calculation. ditto Cam Nyko.
The former AFL listers I was a little underwhelmed with but all three have proven more than handy and reliable VFL players. The mids with another year could be a good core group to build around.

40 possessions. Think about it. Tsatas is far too good for VFL. That’s an amazing amount of the footy. The question is, do you keep him there to have 20-30 kicks in the VFL cauldron to refine his art? Or do you play him in the AFL cauldron, under extreme heat for 10 or so kicks? I think that when you have a deficiency you need to iron it out in the VFL.

40 possessions. Think about it. Tsatas is far too good for VFL. That’s an amazing amount of the footy. The question is, do you keep him there to have 20-30 kicks in the VFL cauldron to refine his art? Or do you play him in the AFL cauldron, under extreme heat for 10 or so kicks? I think that when you have a deficiency you need to iron it out in the VFL.
And the issue with him playing at AFL level is you also have to play him in a different role as he is not pushing out a current midfielder.

Would rather keep Hobbs doing it and I think Hobbs should be playing VFL midfield and not AFL small forward.
The problem is he’s to good for the vfl and not quite at the standard of our afl mids. But you can’t keep talent like Hobbs In vfl. Tsatas will hopefully be at that point late this year and then he simply must play afl after that point. Like Hobbs is - even if it is in a different role. it hasn’t hurt Caldwell.

The problem is he’s to good for the vfl and not quite at the standard of our afl mids. But you can’t keep talent like Hobbs In vfl. Tsatas will hopefully be at that point late this year and then he simply must play afl after that point. Like Hobbs is - even if it is in a different role. it hasn’t hurt Caldwell.
Caldwell had a good outside game to start with and nice skills. It was easier for him to adapt.

Would Hately be a chance for MSD?
I wouldn't mind an extra bigger body.

He wouldn't be the first to struggle under the mass of GWS midfield talent and was at Adelaide in arguably their worse period in a long time if not ever..

He wouldn't be the first to struggle under the mass of GWS midfield talent and was at Adelaide in arguably their worse period in a long time if not ever..
If he stays in the form of the last two games then you are looking at him .

We're going to struggle to fit both Shiel and Tsatas into the current midfield with Perkins and Setterfield soon to return from injury, I don't think there's much to be gained by us adding yet another midfielder to the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah for sure. Unless we have our eye on a particular person but we will be drafting later than normal so we might miss some of the “prized” players at the top of the draft.

Yeah for sure. Unless we have our eye on a particular person but we will be drafting later than normal so we might miss some of the “prized” players at the top of the draft.
Going for the role we need has worked better for us than just going best available

All the guys we've brought in seem to have been brought in for a need. Hunter held back through injury, the others one could argue have been a success for us

Hadn't seen much of him before but was impressive yesterday and at 191cm could be handy especially with Setters often out injured.

Lately was traded for a packet of chips and then delisted from a bottom team for a reason. Good to very good state leaguer
MSD is for players like him, if he doesn’t make it, so what, but if he thrives at a new environment then it’ll. e worthwhile, no?

MSD is for players like him, if he doesn’t make it, so what, but if he thrives at a new environment then it’ll. e worthwhile, no?
The thing with Hately is that there is no mystery and unlikely to be much upside. Teams know what he is. If they need that then, sure, but we don’t. The guys we have picked up outside the draft.. (Snelling aside who was Dev Smith coverage) ..Durham, Martin, even Massimo.. they all had a touch of wild card magic potential about them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back