Picola & District SE 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody big news if true, great for the league and Katunga. Have also heard Shepp east have signed Shepp swans premiership defender N Barolli? Can anyone confirm, the eagles looking the benchmark at this stage.

yes i hear katunga have a an ex afl player from the west, only 27 also i believe. barolli will be a good get for the eagles

I see in the paper that Martin Gleeson has got shepp east winning the flag, Dookie as the smokey and rendina(SE) as winning the league medal. Anyone else wanting to have a go at guessing?

East
Tungamah
Waaia
Dookie
Katty
Katunga
Katandra
Rennie

Herby mayland from waaia for medal

Goal kicking will be a interesting anyone of the following could win it.

Dizzy Gellespi (East)
Ash Saunders (tungamah)
Rob Osbourne (waaia)
Paddy McMullen (DOOKIE)
Brodie McDonald (katty)
Rum Yze (katandra)
Dyl Sidebottom (katunga)

Agree with Rendina, has to be the best mid in the comp, however Wilson from Katunga will be a gun.
I see in the paper that Martin Gleeson has got shepp east winning the flag, Dookie as the smokey and rendina(SE) as winning the league medal. Anyone else wanting to have a go at guessing?
g
I see in the paper that Martin Gleeson has got shepp east winning the flag, Dookie as the smokey and rendina(SE) as winning the league medal. Anyone else wanting to have a go at guessing?[/QUOT

Dookie to beat Katandra by 45 points
Dookie flown under the radar a little picking up very good players including Jacob Crow and Sam Bowmaker
Tungamah to beat Katunga by 18 points in the match of the round. Upset wouldn't surprise. Big ins for Katunga in ex WCE Wilson, ex Adelaide listed Handby and coach Griffiths.
Waaia to beat Rennie by 90+ points- Waaia missing a few early but handy inclusions in Jack Michel(injured may miss first couple) and Joel Thompson. Rennie to struggle through the year.
Shepparton East to beat Katamatite by 60 points. Shepparton east to be the pace setter with big recruiting drive picking up the Campbell's, perkobitch, Rendina, Gillespie, Barolli, Palmers.

Ladder prediction:
Shepparton East
Dookie
Tungamah
Katunga
Waaia
Katamatite
Katandra
Rennie

Anyone catch the SE Katy match, details on how both looked etc. and does Katungas win mean Tunga have come back to the pack?

Anyone catch the SE Katy match, details on how both looked etc. and does Katungas win mean Tunga have come back to the pack?

Games wasn't the best. Both side played well it patches. Shepp East were just a bit cleaner with the footy. Katty turned the footy over in the back half far to much. 5 goals resulted in shocking kick-ins. The bloke kicking back in from a point needs to learn to kick. Shocking.

The Shepp East boom recruits were OK. Will probably take them a few weeks to get the pace of the game. A fair bit slower then they would be used too. Though Shannon Campbell was the better of them. Dizzy Gilespie looked to do a hammy. See the Palmy boys on the way back too. Will be massive in the midday show if they decide to continue to play there. Will be hard to stop. Tough as nails.

Few good signs for Katty at the same time. Alex Overs was good. Pete Riordan was also good as was Max Thompson. Couple blokes looked well out of sorts though.

Anyone had thoughts on the umpires of the other games. The SE v Katty game was horrible. Very inconsistent and don't think both umpires left the centre square unless they had too. 9 x 50m penalties for the day in a game that wasn't heated at all. They didn't even know the rules regarding players running through the mark. For the first time ever an umpire actually changed his mind on a decision after players questioned him on it. They do a job and couldn't play without them. But they need to improve the quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And thanx for the game details, sounds like SE will only get better.

Renna was good. Always strong over the ball. They will all only get better. Renna super hard at the contest. I think Shan Campbell could be the pick of them early.

Yeah I hear Shan Campbell is going well, did Perkovic get near it or was he lost not following a bloke?

Yeah I hear Shan Campbell is going well, did Perkovic get near it or was he lost not following a bloke?

Na He got enough of it to be damaging. Played more as a mid I think. He only needs to get back to half of his GV form to be really damaging. His back half of the year will be huge I'd say.

Yeah I heard he has been injured during the pre season so if he is getting through games at the moment he can only improve id say.

Tips this week.

Katunga by 18 pts.
Katandra by 45 pts.
Shepp East by 24 pts.
Waaii by 36 points.

Thoughts?

I agree with ya phil, just think tunga will be slow starters this year and Shepp east being at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back