Picola & District FL NW 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooooo on another note how has everyone come back from new years into training? I would've thought every club would've had a couple of sessions atleast before chrissy & already be back into the full swing of things so should have a reasonable idea of how things at their club are looking? So depending on clubs training day patterns we could have approx 26 more sessions or only 20 more sessions untill rd1 (not including praccy matches, they are prob only 14-20 training sessions away) which when you think about it isn't that many when your trying to tie in fitness, game plans, skills drills etc.... So my question is are clubs happy with where they are at or still looking for that 1-2 extra players to get them over the line?

On another note I heard 2day that Blighty may have lost 1-2 key players? I think Jake Platty could be 1 of them (headed to Finley)....

Well done smooth for giving dogs1703 another lesson in maths, :thumbsu: now if you could only divide the number of training runs remaining by about 10, that would give you the number of times the Big Fella will actually turn up. :p I would think most clubs would have their recruiting 90 ,95% done by now. no doubt there would be a few still looking to add 1 or 2 if all factors added to the club maybe going from outside top 5 to making the 5. As has been proven by 2 of the last 3 N.W. premiers it is possible to come from 4th or 5th and win the comp. Finishing in the top 3 no sure bet for success.

With the season only about 9 or 10 weeks away, whats every club doing in regards to practice matches?

Strathy has entered the Barooga night series, havent seen the draw yet, from what I hear they have few more teams entered this year than the last couple.

Is the proposed round robin series organised by the PDFL going ahead? Who has entered?

Not much news on Strathy, Yarroweyah or Picola. Anyone know if either team has picked up a few or lost many? Is Saunders definitely playing for the Hoppers? Josh Evans is the only pick up I know of at Strathy, he can certainly play but are they keeping most of their list? Vallender is a big pick up for Picola but will need more than him & Daniels to push top 5 – surely a few more will follow.
Was told Mathoura have enough committed to field at least one side which I guess is a good sign (glass half full not half empty), hopefully a few more get committed as we get closer to the start of the season.

Bulldogs have had excellent retention of our 2012 list with 0 loses (none of any worth anyway) We have picked up Josh Evens and 3 or 4 other senior players, and just as many again seconds players which is great news for us old blokes looking for a rest. Numbers at training have been the best in years averaging about 30 with 45 or so different blokes having a run at different times. Reasonable junior numbers too for a change as it seems harder and harder to fill the 3rds side these days.

Strathy has entered the Barooga night series, havent seen the draw yet, from what I hear they have few more teams entered this year than the last couple.

Is the proposed round robin series organised by the PDFL going ahead? Who has entered?
Berrigan and deni rovers are in the barooga night series aswell

All clubs getting some recruits in the clearances. None from blighty have they got any. Demons would have to be the ones to beat at the moment.

Berrigan and deni rovers are in the barooga night series aswell

BAROOGA COMMUNITY NIGHT FOOTBALL SERIES
2013 DRAW
WEEK 1
WEDNESDAY 6TH MARCH 7:00PM DIV. 1 BAROOGA V NATHALIA

THURSDAY 7TH MARCH 6:30PM DIV. 2 KATAMATITE V DENI ROVERS
8:30PM DIV. 2 KATANDRA V BERRIGAN

FRIDAY 8TH MARCH 6:30PM DIV. 2 WAAIA V STRATHMERTON
8:30PM DIV. 1 FINLEY V LEETON- WHITTON

WEEK 2
TUESDAY 12TH MARCH 7:00PM DIV. 1 FINLEY V BAROOGA

THURSDAY 14TH MARCH 6:30PM DIV. 2 STRATHMERTON V KATANDRA
8:30PM DIV. 2 DENI ROVERS V WAAIA

FRIDAY 15TH MARCH 6:30PM DIV. 2 KATAMATITE V BERRIGAN
8:30PM DIV. 1 NATHALIA V LEETON-WHITTON

FRIDAY 22ND MARCH 6:30PM DIV. 2 GRAND FINAL
8:30PM DIV. 1 GRAND FINAL

*** NB : IF NATHALIA FNC MAKES THE GRAND FINAL IN DIV. 1 THEY ARE UNABLE TO PLAY SO THE 3RD PLACED TEAM WILL PLAY V THE 1ST PLACED TEAM.

What about Tristan Wilson? Heard he might not be at blighty next year either

Looking at clearances, See Berrigan have picked up a few. Some are from this league and I hope someone can tell me if these guys are senior level players or not. They are as follows.
1) Aaron Fisher.. Strathy
2) Ben Lucas.. Blighty
3) Josh Peers.. Blighty
4) Brendon Lewis.. Tungamah.
Also have picked up a bloke from the Hume league, be it Kyle Johnstone( know nothing about him) , Pyle and Podesta back from stints in the Murray League, the tall Van Schaik from the O & K, and coach Hoggans brother.
Dont think they have lost many, except for the young gun to Coburg,Be it Yelland, or is his name Maynard( cant recall). Bozzula gone, young Middleton stepping up to Murray league level, and dont know about Saunders....
Yeah, would appreciate some info from you guys... cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at clearances, See Berrigan have picked up a few. Some are from this league and I hope someone can tell me if these guys are senior level players or not. They are as follows.
2) Ben Lucas.. Blighty
3) Josh Peers.. Blighty
Also have picked up a bloke from the Hume league, be it Kyle Johnstone( know nothing about him) , Pyle and Podesta back from stints in the Murray League, the tall Van Schaik from the O & K, and coach Hoggans brother.
Dont think they have lost many, except for the young gun to Coburg,Be it Yelland, or is his name Maynard( cant recall). Bozzula gone, young Middleton stepping up to Murray league level, and dont know about Saunders....

Hi Stuyd1,

I cant comment on everyone but by the look of it they have Plank (glanvill) coming back after two years at the Billabong Crows he will add depth, Pods and Robbie Pyle back from Toc, robbie played with Bez two years ago and Pods a talented junior. I'm not sure if Brendon Lewis is the Brendon Lewis that played Thrids at Bezza in around 94ish.
Should benifit from having both Mynards on the park this year and judging by there Facebook page photo's have had a good team bonding trip away.
There has been plenty of talk about Peers on here already and i'm hoping, like you for comments on the others.
As for the departures, you have Yelland to Coburg, Bozz has moved to Toc and will now play for them (toc and Bez seem to swap players in recent seasons with the Hickeys still there at Toc i think), Levi the younger brother of Harley crossing to arch enemy Finley. Flynny didnt play last year so wont have much impact you would think, but he would be another handy player to keep. Not sure if the Thronton's in Mark and Craig are both playing through injury(Mark) and maybe finally retirement (Craig)??

Hi Stuyd1,

I cant comment on everyone but by the look of it they have Plank (glanvill) coming back after two years at the Billabong Crows he will add depth, Pods and Robbie Pyle back from Toc, robbie played with Bez two years ago and Pods a talented junior. I'm not sure if Brendon Lewis is the Brendon Lewis that played Thrids at Bezza in around 94ish.
Should benifit from having both Mynards on the park this year and judging by there Facebook page photo's have had a good team bonding trip away.
There has been plenty of talk about Peers on here already and i'm hoping, like you for comments on the others.
As for the departures, you have Yelland to Coburg, Bozz has moved to Toc and will now play for them (toc and Bez seem to swap players in recent seasons with the Hickeys still there at Toc i think), Levi the younger brother of Harley crossing to arch enemy Finley. Flynny didnt play last year so wont have much impact you would think, but he would be another handy player to keep. Not sure if the Thronton's in Mark and Craig are both playing through injury(Mark) and maybe finally retirement (Craig)??
Very Dissapointing to hear a lot of development been out into the young fellow . :mad:

2) Ben Lucas.. Blighty
3) Josh Peers.. Blighty

kyle johnstone played in strathmertons 2010 flag and been a regular senior player at the billabong crows last couple of years. gives 100% and can be great on his day but i would say be more of a depth player probaly in and out of the 1s

as for fisher just a 2s player

kyle johnstone played in strathmertons 2010 flag and been a regular senior player at the billabong crows last couple of years. gives 100% and can be great on his day but i would say be more of a depth player probaly in and out of the 1s

as for fisher just a 2s player[/quote

thanks guys for the feedback

How are teams shaping up? most teams would be playing games by now.

Sounds like Deni were ok on Thursday night. Driving past Blighty on Thurday night and it looked like they had an intra club and Jerilderie playing the Rams in Deni today.

lets have a crack at the final ladder for 2013.
BERRIGAN
JERILDERIE
DENI ROVERS
STRATHMERTON
YARROWYEAH
BLIGHTY
PICOLA
MATHOURA

BAROOGA COMMUNITY NIGHT FOOTBALL SERIES
2013 DRAW
WEEK 1
WEDNESDAY 6TH MARCH 7:00PM DIV. 1 BAROOGA V NATHALIA

THURSDAY 7TH MARCH 6:30PM DIV. 2 KATAMATITE V DENI ROVERS
8:30PM DIV. 2 KATANDRA V BERRIGAN

FRIDAY 8TH MARCH 6:30PM DIV. 2 WAAIA V STRATHMERTON
8:30PM DIV. 1 FINLEY V LEETON- WHITTON

WEEK 2
TUESDAY 12TH MARCH 7:00PM DIV. 1 FINLEY V BAROOGA

THURSDAY 14TH MARCH 6:30PM DIV. 2 STRATHMERTON V KATANDRA
8:30PM DIV. 2 DENI ROVERS V WAAIA

FRIDAY 15TH MARCH 6:30PM DIV. 2 KATAMATITE V BERRIGAN
8:30PM DIV. 1 NATHALIA V LEETON-WHITTON

FRIDAY 22ND MARCH 6:30PM DIV. 2 GRAND FINAL
8:30PM DIV. 1 GRAND FINAL

*** NB : IF NATHALIA FNC MAKES THE GRAND FINAL IN DIV. 1 THEY ARE UNABLE TO PLAY SO THE 3RD PLACED TEAM WILL PLAY V THE 1ST PLACED TEAM.

Can anyone provide me with some results from round 2.... in particular, Berrigan VS Katamatite

Sam is off to Sydney Uni. wont see a lot of him over the next 5 - 6 years. Potential coach one day if he decides to come home to the farm iam guessing. Fantastic player .:thumbsu:
]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back