Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Should mention I’m not there anymore but I feel bad for the media team. They just have so much s**t to deal with. Sage needs to either improve infrastructure (build stadium or at least a training facility) or honestly get out.

Last thing I heard was Wolverhampton were keen to do a setup like Man City but Sage still wants Ten per cent ownership which they don’t want to do.

Bruno apparently could suit up for Victory as early as this weekend (injury replacement)!
Bit s**t that his ego allows him to ‘mutually’ move on to a new team and make them stronger whilst we have to wait until the next transfer window… maybe it’s for the best.

Here’s hoping we can pick up an exciting replacement and hit some form over our course of home games.

313398864_10159120866706220_6194268634538361112_n.jpg

It does kinda feel like Tony Sage is not as keen on putting his cash into the club after the past couple of seasons! He’s taken a big hit for sure, but you have to spend money to make money 😉

It’s easy to see Sage is ‘bottoming out’ the Glory side. He’s had effectively two seasons of no home games and now a third season where they barely play a home game at a proper stadium.

That’s the reason why he has a terrible squad, has released Fornaroli to save $$$

What incentive has he got to spend money on this squad when he will be just losing excessive money?

It’s easy to see Sage is ‘bottoming out’ the Glory side. He’s had effectively two seasons of no home games and now a third season where they barely play a home game at a proper stadium.

That’s the reason why he has a terrible squad, has released Fornaroli to save $$$

What incentive has he got to spend money on this squad when he will be just losing excessive money?
Totally agree, there’s not much in it for Sage until things even out, both stadium and fixture wise.
The AFL has ‘equalisation’… the a-league… not so fortunate.

I am at least still a little hopeful the Glory can get a few wins at Macedonia Park and show some progress. Perhaps my glass is half full after I literally half emptied it 😂
Now… for a top up!

How on earth was the stadium upgrade not done during covid guys? It had to be done anyway for Womens WC 23.

What exactly happened in 2020 & 21? Not like there were many lockdowns in Perth to stop major projects. Instead the project is delayed until most of the way through a first normal season of home games in 3 years. Glory should be getting compo for this monumental utensil up.

How on earth was the stadium upgrade not done during covid guys? It had to be done anyway for Womens WC 23.

What exactly happened in 2020 & 21? Not like there were many lockdowns in Perth to stop major projects. Instead the project is delayed until most of the way through a first normal season of home games in 3 years. Glory should be getting compo for this monumental utensil up.
WA = Wait Awhile …

It is a valid question though - perhaps too many people thinking the world was going to end?

Episode 19 Sign GIF by The Simpsons

Would’ve been nice to watch some games at home at an upgraded stadium in the first half of the season…

Last edited:
How was the atmosphere lads? Are they temporary terraces at either end? Sounded good.

Didn't go but from what I have heard the atmosphere was great. Yes, it is temporary at both ends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the capacity, around 8k?

There was about 3900 at the game and it looked pretty full so I would say maybe 5k. 6 if the standing room in front of the temporary stands is completely full.

There was about 3900 at the game and it looked pretty full so I would say maybe 5k. 6 if the standing room in front of the temporary stands is completely full.
I've seen it mentioned as being 4,000, but also read elsewhere 4,500.

With HBF Park underdoing an upgrade in time for the 2023 Women's World Cup, Glory will host most of their games at the 4000-capacity Macedonia Park.

Looking forward to getting to a game there soon though, sounded good on the TV replay and by all reports had a great atmosphere.

GLORY LURE TAGGART HOME IN HUGE BOOST FOR PERTH: ‘THIS CLUB MEANS SO MUCH TO ME’​

Adam Taggart has jumped at the opportunity to re-join Perth Glory, with the Socceroo returning to Western Australia on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

In a huge boost for the Glory and the Isuzu UTE A-League, Taggart will officially link up with hometown club Perth from J1 League outfit Cerezo Osaka once the January transfer window opens.

The 29-year-old scored 22 goals across two spells for Perth, having debuted in 2011, and returns to WA with a wealth of experience abroad.

Taggart – the 2019 K League 1 Golden Boot winner during his time at Suwon Bluewings – spent the past two seasons in Japan with Cerezo, where he scored 10 goals across all competitions after bagging five J1 League goals in 2022.

The 17-time Australia international, who was not included in Graham Arnold’s squad for the FIFA Men’s World Cup, also scored against Kevin Muscat’s champions Yokohama F.Marinos this season.

“It’s always been in the back of my mind that if I got the opportunity to come back, I’d jump at it straightaway and when that opportunity did come up, I knew I wasn’t going to let it go,” he said.

“This club means so much to me; it’s my hometown club, the club that I grew up supporting, a club that I know inside out and which is full of people that I love and that I’ve played with and against.

“Having been at Macedonia Park on Saturday, I got that buzz like you get at HBF Park, the buzz that I had growing up as a kid and it makes you feel at home.

“I can’t wait to get started and do everything I can to help the club and push the club forward.

“Ruben Zadkovich [Head Coach] has played a massive role in getting me back to the club. He’s someone I’ve always had a good relationship with and he was a mentor for me, especially when I was at Newcastle with him.

“He shares the same mentality as me and knows me very well as a player and as a person.”

Taggart’s signing is a coup for the Glory and helps fill the void left by Bruno Fornaroli’s departure prior to the World Cup break.

Perth are second from bottom in the A-League Men but are coming off a 2-1 win over defending champions Western United as they prepare to visit Macarthur FC on Sunday.

“Taggart is a player I’ve seen grow from a young, up- and-coming talent in the A-League into a top-class striker at international level,” said Glory head coach Ruben Zadkovich, who is the subject of this week’s A-Leagues All Access episode.

“During my time as captain of Newcastle Jets, I witnessed first-hand what he is like at the peak of his powers on the grass in terms of finishing.

“I also got the chance to know the depths of him as a person and more importantly, the ability and attributes he has in terms of leading the team from the front as a player.

“He possesses the qualities that a top striker needs, both physically and mentally. He is selfish when he needs to be in front of goal and yet always plays for the team.

“We are extremely excited to secure his signature and can’t wait to unleash him in the purple jersey again.”

Glory head of recruitment Andy Keogh added: “This is an exciting signing for Perth Glory leading into the January transfer window.

“There was a big void to fill when Bruno Fornaroli left and the planning that took place to make this happen shows a clear vision and direction which the club wishes to go in.

“We can’t wait to get Adam playing in his hometown in front of the Members and fans and of course, his family, in the famous purple of Perth Glory.”

There has been talk of a new striker over the last week or 2 and people joking about it being Taggart. I don't think anyone actually thought it would happen. I am stoked it has, though.

There has been talk of a new striker over the last week or 2 and people joking about it being Taggart. I don't think anyone actually thought it would happen. I am stoked it has, though.
Here’s hoping Taggart can provide the Glory with the same spark he did in his K-League stint getting that debut golden boot.

He has so much talent that was (unfortunately) not quite realised in his last Glory campaign. Perhaps pressure to perform at home was a real factor. Regardless, I really think at 29, it seems the perfect time for him to return home.

Wishing him a massively successful 2023. C’mon Glory!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back