Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Memberships won't be valid for Macedonia Park.

308614563_506555768142104_2177210658325931028_n.jpg

308667742_506555771475437_8910572130284290532_n.jpg

No temporary grandstand installed for 10 games? Would be worth it.

Not at this point in time. I don't know why.

I had a look at the satellite view of the area. Seems like there's enough room to put up temporary scaffolding opposite the main grandstanding (maybe around 2000 seats or so).

And I would expect a temporary shed stand at one end of the ground with about 1k seats also.

Not sure how much Macedonia Park has in the way of public toilets but surely wouldn't cost too much to hire portable toilet blocks for 3 months to cater for crowds of around 8-9k.

That was putrid,doesnt look good although one game in.
I thought everyone seemed rusty. For all the talk of being fit, it didn't really seem to show (although we looked better than last year when it seemed like we could only string together 75 minutes before falling off the cliff).

I still have some hope it can come together. Not being in the FFA cup hurts (I get it is good to cut down the A-League numbers in there, but probably hurts the teams who can take it the least by cutting them out of it). Also doesn't help that it is harder and more costly for us to organise good level pre-season games given our location.

The good/bad thing about this league is you can start slow and still make finals. The defence seemed solid enough. The midfield has enough quality to hope for better performances going forward and our forward line has decent competition. I am willing to give us until round 10 before I lose hope.

Bruno left the club via mutual consent.

Anybody know what the story is there?

Supposedly he only needed 7 more goals to trigger an automatic contract renewal. The club didn't want him to trigger it as they don't want to pay the wages he would be entitled to so they decided not to play him last weekend. That caused a bit of a spat and all went to s**t.

Supposedly he only needed 7 more goals to trigger an automatic contract renewal. The club didn't want him to trigger it as they don't want to pay the wages he would be entitled to so they decided not to play him last weekend. That caused a bit of a spat and all went to s**t.

Why would the club negotiate a trigger like that if they can't afford to keep him? The whole situation stinks of poor management and someone needs their ass kicked!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would the club negotiate a trigger like that if they can't afford to keep him? The whole situation stinks of poor management and someone needs their ass kicked!

No idea and I have no idea if it is true or not. But, I wouldn't put it past the club to do something stupid like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back