Ovens & King football 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the standard has gone backwards this year. Bottom 6 players of a lot of sides were very ordinary.
Disagree with the money you are saying Milawa fork out. Highly doubt anyone is on over $1000 a game.
There is a salary cap and they are under that so within the rules so I have no problem with the spending. All clubs have options to do it.
A lot of people on here and around just love to whinge about it. It’s just jealousy that is all it is.
What has happened to Glenrowan and to an extent north wang before that I have no problem with people potting the way they went about it but Milawa do it the right way.
I do think that if there is just one team that is far and away the best side it hurts the interest on the league as it did this year.
hopefully some other teams pick up some players to compete or maybe Milawa come back to the pack a little.
long time before the season.
I’m hearing Whorouly to continue to improve. Tarra in verge of picking up a few players. North wang look to be trending in the right direction. Think if we all just have a bit more bright outlook on it instead of just whinging and potting everyone it will be a lot more enjoyable.

Jamie Allen and Cleve Hughes were both on over $1000 a game, Jamie $1500 to be honest

I disagree, the standard of O&K footy is slipping, its no where as good as what it was 10 years ago.

So Milawa can just keep going forking out ridiculous money on players but other clubs should just get over..They would have 2 players on $1000 plus a game and at least 4 on $500 plus a game

Interested to see who you think those players are.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

First time posting long time laugher at comments on here!

I don’t know why you are in to Milawa so much. Obviously they do something right to be so dominant for a decade. Probably starts with a strong committee, volunteers, sponsors, past players and good club culture. Yes they pay players but what clubs don’t? They are under the salary cap and under player points. They just recruit smarter with players that buy into their culture and that want success. There would be at least 14-15 players from their premiership side that don’t get paid a cent to allow for the paid players. Those players are there to takes them to grand finals and premierships.

Tarrawingee are exactly the same. Instead of bashing a club that do things right how about other clubs lift to their level and the overall competition standards will rise to what it once was.

Yeah i maybe..just repeating what several Milawa people have told me, both of them ex-committee. Why would Jamie travel back from Melb when he was huge money down town ?? Dont give me to play in a premiership bulldust cause Jamie has always played for money

Doesn’t need to play for money anymore because he’s finished uni and is earning about 100k a year so the to play for a flag bull dust is probably right.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

First time posting long time laugher at comments on here!

I don’t know why you are in to Milawa so much. Obviously they do something right to be so dominant for a decade. Probably starts with a strong committee, volunteers, sponsors, past players and good club culture. Yes they pay players but what clubs don’t? They are under the salary cap and under player points. They just recruit smarter with players that buy into their culture and that want success. There would be at least 14-15 players from their premiership side that don’t get paid a cent to allow for the paid players. Those players are there to takes them to grand finals and premierships.

Tarrawingee are exactly the same. Instead of bashing a club that do things right how about other clubs lift to their level and the overall competition standards will rise to what it once was.
Well said 👏🏼

Anyone else heard of hamish moore wanting to cross the ovens river? Talk of mark anderson going to milawa also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamie Allen and Cleve Hughes were both on over $1000 a game, Jamie $1500 to be honest
I’ve heard that cleve was on less than Macca was the year before. And that wasn’t a $1000, not sure about your facts about that one. As for Jamie. Who cares what the blokes on. He won a league medal and got milawa a premiership. He’s been a very good player for a long time. If others take a cut to get a bloke in like that, good luck to them.

Anyone else constantly refreshing the Clearances on the website? North Wang with 12 of there own also. I guess we can put to bed that M.Smith is playing there.

How many more do they need to win a game this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back