Ovens & King football 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How do people like you just decide this is the right information? Jealousy of a good club just never ends, so sad.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't read this as jealousy ! Lucky them if its true . Its just stating what is believed to be a fact (be it true or not) around the O&K circles. I suppose until someone like yourself who clearly knows the truth confirms or denies it then it will be assumed that its right . If its not correct then I suppose the question is how do they continue to offer ridiculous amount of money to players ?

are they possibly the new culture kings? And everyone plays for the love

I don't read this as jealousy ! Lucky them if its true . Its just stating what is believed to be a fact (be it true or not) around the O&K circles. I suppose until someone like yourself who clearly knows the truth confirms or denies it then it will be assumed that its right . If its not correct then I suppose the question is how do they continue to offer ridiculous amount of money to players ?

Hooke Cutrona Bihun Hargreaves Elliott Robinson
North Wang

Hansted Ralph
Barnawartha

Whybrow
Moyhu

From what I've been told and heard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only people that know how much money players are getting are the club and the players. Who’s to say that the amount is ridiculous or not. No doubt Allan would be on good money but might surprise a few to know the actual amount. Don’t forget he went to Milawa for the chance to win a gf because he’s never won one before. Pretty sure there would be some other clubs paying big money to players as well.

The only people that know how much money players are getting are the club and the players. Who’s to say that the amount is ridiculous or not. No doubt Allan would be on good money but might surprise a few to know the actual amount. Don’t forget he went to Milawa for the chance to win a gf because he’s never won one before. Pretty sure there would be some other clubs paying big money to players as well.

So is he coming back to play now he's won one ??

I think the point of the conversation was did a wealthy farmer leave his property to the club or didn't he ? If it makes you feel better I can rephrase "ridiculous" to good money or over the odds but that wasn't the point .

I think the point of the conversation was did a wealthy farmer leave his property to the club or didn't he ? If it makes you feel better I can rephrase "ridiculous" to good money or over the odds but that wasn't the point .

From what I’m told they were left some money by an old clubman and farmer that passed and the money was used on a shed for the gate and the new netball courts. Don’t know anything about a farm being left to them.

Instead of talking about a farmer, let’s talk about recruiting. It seems to be pretty quiet. Is there any side going to catch Milawa or are they going to roll through another 20 games unbeaten?

Instead of talking about a farmer, let’s talk about recruiting. It seems to be pretty quiet. Is there any side going to catch Milawa or are they going to roll through another 20 games unbeaten?
Let's hope somebody can make some ground on them and create some interest in the competition again because the lack of interest in this season of the ovens and king wasnt something that the league should want again

On CPH1851 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Milawa are that far ahead of the competition that other clubs are recruiting there reserve players.

I can’t see many players leaving or finishing up after last year.

Maybe instead of everyone having a dig at Milawa about money and that being the only reason they are successful perhaps other teams in the league could just get better?
Not saying every team needs to recruit a heap of A grade players, but teams that are bringing up younger players maybe develop them to be better hard hitting players, especially now that there is no 3rds so a good chance to teach some good young men the game properly, because after all the grade of football is getting better and better each year.

Milawa are that far ahead of the competition that other clubs are recruiting there reserve players.

I can’t see many players leaving or finishing up after last year.

Maybe instead of everyone having a dig at Milawa about money and that being the only reason they are successful perhaps other teams in the league could just get better?
Not saying every team needs to recruit a heap of A grade players, but teams that are bringing up younger players maybe develop them to be better hard hitting players, especially now that there is no 3rds so a good chance to teach some good young men the game properly, because after all the grade of football is getting better and better each year.

I disagree, the standard of O&K footy is slipping, its no where as good as what it was 10 years ago.

So Milawa can just keep going forking out ridiculous money on players but other clubs should just get over..They would have 2 players on $1000 plus a game and at least 4 on $500 plus a game

I disagree, the standard of O&K footy is slipping, its no where as good as what it was 10 years ago.

So Milawa can just keep going forking out ridiculous money on players but other clubs should just get over..They would have 2 players on $1000 plus a game and at least 4 on $500 plus a game

I agree that the standard has gone backwards this year. Bottom 6 players of a lot of sides were very ordinary.
Disagree with the money you are saying Milawa fork out. Highly doubt anyone is on over $1000 a game.
There is a salary cap and they are under that so within the rules so I have no problem with the spending. All clubs have options to do it.
A lot of people on here and around just love to whinge about it. It’s just jealousy that is all it is.
What has happened to Glenrowan and to an extent north wang before that I have no problem with people potting the way they went about it but Milawa do it the right way.
I do think that if there is just one team that is far and away the best side it hurts the interest on the league as it did this year.
hopefully some other teams pick up some players to compete or maybe Milawa come back to the pack a little.
long time before the season.
I’m hearing Whorouly to continue to improve. Tarra in verge of picking up a few players. North wang look to be trending in the right direction. Think if we all just have a bit more bright outlook on it instead of just whinging and potting everyone it will be a lot more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back