Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Clarke would be wrapped that the border mail used a picture of Andrew Hamilton with his name on it. Great research border Mail!

Milawa have lost their 3 best/most influential players. I heard they have picked up Glenn wyatt but I haven't seen that announced anywhere? Few holes to fill in their side now if they are to stay in touch with the top 3

Few holes to fill in their side now if they are to stay in touch with the top 3

They were already on the slide - they have a few holes to fill if they are to stay in touch with the top 8.

Last edited:
Milawa have lost their 3 best/most influential players. I heard they have picked up Glenn wyatt but I haven't seen that announced anywhere? Few holes to fill in their side now if they are to stay in touch with the top 3

Yeah Glenn Wyatt the only signing of note at this stage. More on Milawa in Monday's paper.

GLENROWAN ins-
Lachie Cohan
Matt Campbell

Outs-
Jake fisher curnow
Jake burden

TARRA ins
Zav Norden
Justin hoggan
Tim Aumann
Luke griffin
Jack Amery
Riley Judd (possibly)
Lachlan Raven
Kris Zane
David Thayer

Outs -
Lachy canning
Andrew james

MILAWA ins
Josh Owen
Glenn Wyatt

Outs-
Brent newton
Ben Nicholson
Tim Allen
Ben Clarke
Sam bowers

BONNIE DOON ins
?
Outs -
Justin Colliss
Jess costatis
Leigh irons
Herbert
Swindles x 2?

GOORAMBAT ins-
?

Outs -
Brendan Stevens (ret)

BRIGHT ins -
?

Outs -
Tom Buckley
Ben bond
Ben henwood

KING VALLEY
ins
Damian Bradley

Outs
Josh roman

MOYHU ins
Tom stone-berry

Outs
Michael Kruen
Nath Waite
McGeehan?

WHOROULY ins
?

Outs
Nathan Hooper?
Bryce hooper?

ALL BLACKS ins
Alistair Jacka
Chris Lockhart
Nick spencer

Outs
Jayden Guppy

GRETA
Ins
Newbold x 2
Jarrod Morham
Tom Webster
Jack Frampton

Outs

North wang ins
Mikka Powell
Robbie Bertalli

Outs

Last edited:
Anyone want to have a crack at a December ladder? Long way to do but based on ins and outs for each club.

Tarra
Glenrowan
Goorambat
King valley
Bonnie doon
Benalla
------------------
Milawa
Greta
Bright
Moyhu
Whorouly
Nth Wang

Tipping Benalla to be the big improvers and Milawa, Bright, Moyhu & Whorouly (if they lose the Hooper's) to be the sliders based on their ins and outs. Expect KV, Goorambat and Glenrowan retain similar Sides to last year. Might be wishful thinking to have the blues improve by enough to jump that high

Anyone want to have a crack at a December ladder? Long way to do but based on ins and outs for each club.

Tarra
Glenrowan
Goorambat
King valley
Bonnie doon
Benalla
------------------
Milawa
Greta
Bright
Moyhu
Whorouly
Nth Wang

Tipping Benalla to be the big improvers and Milawa, Bright, Moyhu & Whorouly (if they lose the Hooper's) to be the sliders based on their ins and outs. Expect KV, Goorambat and Glenrowan retain similar Sides to last year. Might be wishful thinking to have the blues improve by enough to jump that high

No arguments about the top two. Unless they are hiding something Milawa will plummet next year, same goes for Bright - without serious changes at both clubs it'll be a few lean years. I also think you're a bit harsh on Moyhu.

I love everything Greta and Benella are doing - they are my smoky's for 2017.

It could be interesting to see what happens at Bonnie Doon, and if they bounce back after a shocking finals series, and some nasty cultural problems at the end of the year.

For mine:

Tarra
Glenrowan
Bonnie doon
Goorambat
Benalla
Greta
------------------
King valley
Moyhu
Milawa
Bright
Whorouly
Nth Wang

Last edited:
No arguments about the top two. Unless they are hiding something Milawa will plummet next year, same goes for Bright - without serious changes at both clubs it'll be a few lean years. I also think you're a bit harsh on Moyhu.

I love everything Greta and Benella are doing - they are my smoky's for 2017.

It could be interesting to see what happens at Bonnie Doon, and if they bounce back after a shocking finals series, and some nasty cultural problems at the end of the year.

For mine:

Tarra
Glenrowan
Bonnie doon
Goorambat
Benalla
Greta
------------------
King valley
Moyhu
Milawa
Bright
Whorouly
Nth Wang

You are seriously delusional if you think Greta who won one game this season are going to make the 6, unless they pick up 15 further players from now, they were terrible. Benalla as well are a bit high, sure they picked up Jacka but lost Guppy.

Milawa lost there 3 best players, but picked up Owen who will be very good, so have lost in theory 2. The ruck will hurt them, however they are not going to drop off that much they will still beat up on the lower half as they will still be skillful and fast.

I dont see Moyhu climbing either, they are old and have lost a few top players. Bonnie doon lost 5 of their top 10 players and have no culture, they will just scrape into the 6

My ladder and split up into 4 groups in their level of competitiveness

Glenrowan
Tarra

Daylight..........

Goorambat
King Valley
Milawa
Bonnie Doon
Benalla

Bright
Moyhu
Greta
Whorouly

North Wang

Anyway just a bit of fun!

Last edited:
You are seriously delusional if you think Greta who won one game this season are going to make the 6, unless they pick up 15 further players from now, they were terrible. Benalla as well are a bit high, sure they picked up Jacka but lost Guppy.

Milawa lost there 3 best players, but picked up Owen who will be very good, so have lost in theory 2. The ruck will hurt them, however they are not going to drop off that much they will still beat up on the lower half as they will still be skillful and fast.

I really just got to putting them in the 6 because I think the bottom 1/2 of the ladder look really crap, I initially had them at 8 but then I thought "nah, f**k it - chuck them in"

Milawa are well and truly on the stink - they were 6 and 6 after the mid year break, played flat track bullies against weaker sides and were totally smashed against the top 3. Their recruiting has been non-existent, and there appears to be no realization that they are on the slide, they won't make the 8

F
I really just got to putting them in the 6 because I think the bottom 1/2 of the ladder look really crap, I initially had them at 8 but then I thought "nah, f**k it - chuck them in"

Milawa are well and truly on the stink - they were 6 and 6 after the mid year break, played flat track bullies against weaker sides and were totally smashed against the top 3. Their recruiting has been non-existent, and there appears to be no realization that they are on the slide, they won't make the 8
fair point , yes maybe milawa are a bit high in my calculations , I suppose they have been up so long you just expect them to be around the mark

Fair point , yes maybe milawa are a bit high in my calculations , I suppose they have been up so long you just expect them to be around the mark

I still expect Milawa to make the top six. Owen and Wyatt are very strong inclusions. Pretty sure Wyatt would have played seniors all year for Magpies if he hadn't pull the pin, and from the little I saw of him I expect him to have a big impact in O&K.

Obviously Newton leaves a big void, but with the natural development of Honey, Swain and Ham I still see the Dees as a powerful side, especially if Stamp gets over the Achilles issues that plagued him this year.

I would be surprised if they didn't land one or two more recruits in the next month or so, in which case I'd have them in the mix for 3rd or 4th. Although it's hard to judge until we have a better understanding of where BD and Bats are at. But obviously Tarra and Glenrowan are a long way ahead of the pack right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone is writing Milawa off a bit too much. Very good club and will find another player or two. I agree with Nonch that Wyatt will have a big impact and more than cover the loss of Bowers. Ben Clarke and Newton obviously hard to replace but Owen will be a very good player and with coaching role I think he will work very hard. Definitely a top 6 side for me.
Its a bit early to do ladder predictions as I'm sure there will be more players switching into sides. I believe Glenrowan and Tarra will be very tough to beat next year. I really cant see any other result than those two playing in the Grandfinal unless something dramatic happens. Way too much class and depth at both clubs for others to be able to compete. I think if bonnie doon lose who everyone on here is saying they are going to lose then they will fall away a bit. Think Bright will probably not be too much of a threat next year either but most teams will be competitive. Glenrowan, Tarra, King Valley, Milawa, Goorambat to make finals for me. 6th spot could be anyones. Cant see Greta or Benalla improving that much to make finals although every year on here Greta talk up their chances which is a good thing but think they will struggle to have enough class to make finals.
Should be another good year. Think there is no terrible sides anymore which is a good thing for the league

Hi guys not much has gone on in this forum for a while.just thought I'd share some goss I've heard moyhu has picked up a few. And chiltern has signed the hoopers can anyone confirm?

Hi guys not much has gone on in this forum for a while.just thought I'd share some goss I've heard moyhu has picked up a few. And chiltern has signed the hoopers can anyone confirm?

Had spoken to newton a few weeks back and he said it wouldn't be something he would be keeping under his hat if they had signed. Said they hadn't yet but could have changed now!

Had spoken to newton a few weeks back and he said it wouldn't be something he would be keeping under his hat if they had signed. Said they hadn't yet but could have changed now!

Yes, I will also confirm this after speaking to Nathan on NYE and he did say he was going to chiltern but didn't say anything about his brother

Newton $25k - Roman wanted $1000 a game from KV $18k - now Hooper would think he would be around the same $18k Chiltern over half there
salary cap on three players & around 15 player points the rest of the side must not be on much coin or points
been told the other Hooper has sign with Whorouly

Newton $25k - Roman wanted $1000 a game from KV $18k - now Hooper would think he would be around the same $18k Chiltern over half there
salary cap on three players & around 15 player points the rest of the side must not be on much coin or points
been told the other Hooper has sign with Whorouly

I'm the Football Operations Manager at Chiltern... I don't disucuss player salaries with anyone, but what I will say is the figures quoted are far from accurate.

Anyone that knows our club would know we are not a rich club and we don't have money to just toss around. The budget the committee has given me to work within is actually LESS THAN the 80k salary cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back