Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive call, but I think we're seeing the demise of Albury play out before our eyes.
Using 40/40 player points last week in a second successive loss is a massive list management fail.
Six points on Jackson Kelly is a killer. Honestly the bloke can't kick the ball.
Muller, Garlett, Gilmore, Miles, all big points, and what is the ROI?
Some major cracks being papered over with not lot of depth in the ranks.
The loss of Bice, Conlan x 2 to VFL hurts. But them the brakes, players are entitled to keep dream alive and have a crack. Other clubs have experienced similar scenarios.
North Albury has taken over as the best talent spotters in Riverina league. Trust me, they've tried more than they've got presently. Their networks are very strong in that part of world.
They might not win on Thursday, maybe they will, but the world is changing.
Remember where you heard it first.
I completely disagree, Albury aren’t going anywhere, not until the funds dry up. They’ll win by 8 goals this week, and feature in the finals for the next decade, unfortunately. Let’s not forget, Muller will be a one pointer in a few years, the blokes who got drafted will return. Too many powerful connections to fall away. Also, don’t underestimate their opposition on the weekend, ten goal better side than NA, on a wet day.

Massive call, but I think we're seeing the demise of Albury play out before our eyes.
Using 40/40 player points last week in a second successive loss is a massive list management fail.
Six points on Jackson Kelly is a killer. Honestly the bloke can't kick the ball.
Muller, Garlett, Gilmore, Miles, all big points, and what is the ROI?
Some major cracks being papered over with not lot of depth in the ranks.
The loss of Bice, Conlan x 2 to VFL hurts. But them the brakes, players are entitled to keep dream alive and have a crack. Other clubs have experienced similar scenarios.
North Albury has taken over as the best talent spotters in Riverina league. Trust me, they've tried more than they've got presently. Their networks are very strong in that part of world.
They might not win on Thursday, maybe they will, but the world is changing.
Remember where you heard it first.

Correct North are pulling lots of talent from the Riverina, but having 46 player points is a big advantage to do that.

Great to see the hoppers on the up as they have battled for a while. Dare I say it, but I think a little bit of credit should go to Aker. Many years ago when he was involved he was working hard with St Pats and North juniors. Not sure how many of the current players can be linked to that work, but it started a flow of talent/numbers towards North and I think gave them a base to work from.

Correct North are pulling lots of talent from the Riverina, but having 46 player points is a big advantage to do that.

Great to see the hoppers on the up as they have battled for a while. Dare I say it, but I think a little bit of credit should go to Aker. Many years ago when he was involved he was working hard with St Pats and North juniors. Not sure how many of the current players can be linked to that work, but it started a flow of talent/numbers towards North and I think gave them a base to work from.
I couldn’t disagree more, Aker didn’t leave the club in a great spot, they bottomed out after he left. Just like Darryn at the Rovers, Jason took over a wooden spoon team, but good coaches leave a nice launching pad and continue to rise, look at the Rovers now, Darryn played a huge hand in this. You think Broomhead would acknowledge Aker with their recent success? Absolute rubbish.

Aker backed his men to the hilt and advocated heavily for the clubs lighting upgrade and league equalisation, but can’t take any credit for where the clubs at on-field.

I think you’ll find a lot of the guys who played under aker and are still there will credit him for their development.
Yep lost some players but he questioned a lot of guys and they all left.
The ones who stuck it out developed well

Why does everything have to relate back to the poxy rovers. Wish the actual owner of this account had actually passed away.
The more they get mentioned the more Irrelevant they seem to feet

Time and time again i have mentioned the toxicity of this account and to not tar us supporters nor the club with the same tainted glenrowan brush

I think you’ll find a lot of the guys who played under aker and are still there will credit him for their development.
Yep lost some players but he questioned a lot of guys and they all left.
The ones who stuck it out developed well
Have heard George Goode credit Aker on multi occasions.

How many guys still there now played under Jason?

Why does everything have to relate back to the poxy rovers. Wish the actual owner of this account had actually passed away.
The more they get mentioned the more Irrelevant they seem to feel
Real ordinary post from you champ. Are you so fragile that a bit of irritation on a footy forum causes you to wish someone dead? Maybe your mum needs to monitor your internet time a bit more closely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon it was more Neville Hogan
Heaps of AFL players/ coaches came up to country leagues in the mid 1960s as they could make more money,, yes Bob Rose was one. Tom Hafey at Shepp UTD ,,Gerald Eastmure at Berrigan , then Bruce Williams ,, Allan Jeans at Finley, Don Whitten at Tocumwal Graham Ion at Deniliquin , Les Mogg at Cobram and thats just a few from the area that I grew up in

Heaps of AFL players/ coaches came up to country leagues in the mid 1960s as they could make more money,, yes Bob Rose was one. Tom Hafey at Shepp UTD ,,Gerald Eastmure at Berrigan , then Bruce Williams ,, Allan Jeans at Finley, Don Whitten at Tocumwal Graham Ion at Deniliquin , Les Mogg at Cobram and thats just a few from the area that I grew up in
Rose was the best player in the comp though, didn't hogan play under him?
The other players were just handy 50-100 game vfl players

They were VFL players

Shaun Mannagh certainly credits Akermanis hugely in his development
Let's not forget Shaun also left the club because Akker had rooted the place. 40k in debt, major sponsor walked out due to the way Akker spoke to him. Place was on its knees and Jason Akermanis put them there.
Clint Gilson, Corey Lambert and Brandon Ryan deserve alot credit for getting the club where they are!
Also Luke Norman took them from being a bunch of blokes who could barely kick the footy to each other during training drills, Too breaking a three year losing streak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back