Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

North Albury to cop a hiding, I’ll be in their rooms today getting a feel for things, as much as I despise Albury they’re far from spent. The competition is in a good spot at the moment.

Rose came in to the Rovers side having finished 2nd in the Brownlow the previous year, not only was he the best player in the competition he was top three players in the land. Got Rovers their first cup, went agonisingly close to 3 in a row, he set the culture up, ferocity at the leather like you rarely see today. Back then some O&m clubs could pay players more than the Melbourne league clubs could. The O&K had half a dozen blokes who could’ve walked in to a league side, Jock and Rowdy Lappin to name a couple, used to terrorise Milawa regularly. Robbie Walker wasn’t interested in the big time, he’ll say he wasn’t up to it, but he could’ve more than held his own.

Heaps of AFL players/ coaches came up to country leagues in the mid 1960s as they could make more money,, yes Bob Rose was one. Tom Hafey at Shepp UTD ,,Gerald Eastmure at Berrigan , then Bruce Williams ,, Allan Jeans at Finley, Don Whitten at Tocumwal Graham Ion at Deniliquin , Les Mogg at Cobram and thats just a few from the area that I grew up in

Ken Fraser - Yarrawonga

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just finished watching the replay of todays game. My two cents worth

- Hoppers should be absolutely kicking themselves they let that slip.
Had the majority of the run all day.
Lacked Execution & polish going forward. Plus inaccuracy
Could have really skipped away from Albury in the second qtr I thought.

- Josh Murphy looks a future star, gave Hart a bath in the 2nd. But kicked 1.4? though & lucky Albury didn’t do any damage when they had 18v17 for 15 minutes.

-Page wore Broomhead like a 🧤

-Albury look abit lost without the Conlans x2 & Bice. Particularly Lucas as the general down back.

- umps were quick on their whistle all day. Few soft ones paid throughout the day.

Six points on Jackson Kelly is a killer. Honestly the bloke can't kick the ball.

- Has lightening speed & quick hands, but I just don’t think his getting enough of the ball to justify the 6 points atm, and as you said, kicks can let him down. 2 kicks in the last qtr especially.

-Will be a good learning experience for hoppers.

Great effort by North Albury today ,, had a look at some of the game on stream . Whats the go with the Tigers game plan ,, is a bit like a Ross Lyon game plan ,, low scoring ultra defensive games ,, boring and it doesnt win flags .
Looked like a very good crowd all around the ground from what I could see ,, maybe 3500 plus

Let's not forget Shaun also left the club because Akker had rooted the place. 40k in debt, major sponsor walked out due to the way Akker spoke to him. Place was on its knees and Jason Akermanis put them there.
Clint Gilson, Corey Lambert and Brandon Ryan deserve alot credit for getting the club where they are!
Also Luke Norman took them from being a bunch of blokes who could barely kick the footy to each other during training drills, Too breaking a three year losing streak.
Your first line is totally incorrect. Mannagh wasn’t going anywhere whilst Akermanis was coach. He was invited to his wedding, couldn’t attend, but sent a video message. The rest of your post may be true, but the first line factually isn’t. Of all that Akermanis is made out to be, (of which I have no idea what is right and what isn’t), he was the only one who stood up to Albury’s recruitment tactics etc.
On another note, it was a very competitive game today, across the river sadly wasn’t. Raiders should be showing a lot more than they are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching the replay of todays game. My two cents worth

- Hoppers should be absolutely kicking themselves they let that slip.
Had the majority of the run all day.
Lacked Execution & polish going forward. Plus inaccuracy
Could have really skipped away from Albury in the second qtr I thought.

- Josh Murphy looks a future star, gave Hart a bath in the 2nd. But kicked 1.4? though & lucky Albury didn’t do any damage when they had 18v17 for 15 minutes.

-Page wore Broomhead like a 🧤

-Albury look abit lost without the Conlans x2 & Bice. Particularly Lucas as the general down back.

- umps were quick on their whistle all day. Few soft ones paid throughout the day.

- Has lightening speed & quick hands, but I just don’t think his getting enough of the ball to justify the 6 points atm, and as you said, kicks can let him down. 2 kicks in the last qtr especially.

-Will be a good learning experience for hoppers.
Murphy will be a star, Hart thought he was going to be one.

North Albury to cop a hiding, I’ll be in their rooms today getting a feel for things, as much as I despise Albury they’re far from spent. The competition is in a good spot at the moment.

Rose came in to the Rovers side having finished 2nd in the Brownlow the previous year, not only was he the best player in the competition he was top three players in the land. Got Rovers their first cup, went agonisingly close to 3 in a row, he set the culture up, ferocity at the leather like you rarely see today. Back then some O&m clubs could pay players more than the Melbourne league clubs could. The O&K had half a dozen blokes who could’ve walked in to a league side, Jock and Rowdy Lappin to name a couple, used to terrorise Milawa regularly. Robbie Walker wasn’t interested in the big time, he’ll say he wasn’t up to it, but he could’ve more than held his own.
Robbie Walker for sure would of been a very good player at the top level ,, he was just a gun ,, and what a motor he had

Great effort by North Albury today ,, had a look at some of the game on stream . Whats the go with the Tigers game plan ,, is a bit like a Ross Lyon game plan ,, low scoring ultra defensive games ,, boring and it doesnt win flags .
Looked like a very good crowd all around the ground from what I could see ,, maybe 3500 plus
You actually have to give Albury credit Stuyd. Neither Broomhead nor Minogue had any influence on the game due to excellent match ups. They plan as well as any club

The amount of verbal diarrhoea coming out of some of the Albury crowds mouth was difficult for the ,ears. Why the hell doesn’t Muller tap the ball to his midfield brigade? I’d be dropping him, dare I say, he looks slow and a bit off. Hart looks lost up back . O’hara cool cool head , can’t bank on a 36 year old every week. Listen here- Albury aren’t feared by anyone , to quote lethal liegh if it bleeds you can kill it. NA lion hearted , we’ll be ready.

You actually have to give Albury credit Stuyd. Neither Broomhead nor Minogue had any influence on the game due to excellent match ups. They plan as well as any club
Incorrect ,, I also see North Albury had some matchups that nullified 2 of Alburys guns,, this stuff occurs every game so in no way Im not giving Albury credit,, I guess we are use to seeing the Tigers being so strong and like this for the past 20 years , thing is their list is no where near the level / standard this year.

The amount of verbal diarrhoea coming out of some of the Albury crowds mouth was difficult for the ,ears.

Don't worry, Jethro old mate.
You can beat them on your own in the old VD stakes. We hear enough about Glenrowan alone without adding your ponderings on Rovers or the other clubs into the equation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back