Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

A few tunes which encapsulates clubs current statuses and the season thus far, noted in current ladder positions.

North Albury-Journey - Don’t stop believin
Rovers - Queen - We are the champions
Yarrawonga - Sonny&Cher- The beat goes on
Wodonga - Bon Jovi- Living on a prayer
Albury - Carly Simon- You’re so vain
Lavington-Bee Gees - Staying alive
Raiders - Bob Dylan - knocking on heavens door.
Wangaratta - Pink Floyd - Money
Myrtleford - The Beatles - Help
Corowa - Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled water.
Very clever

Some of your best work Geoff, I'm wondering if you've got this playlist on Spotify called Geoff's o&m hits 2024 vol 1 whilst your sipping on Milawas finest in the back shed

Maybe you could do players past and current next what would you crezza be island's in the stream
Geoff has vinyls & a record player I reckon, wouldn't use Spotify. Woke crap for blokes who like the easy way out.

View attachment 1966625
Lazy 81 apparently.. I see your still bringing him into the o&m thread every 2-3 pages 😂😂😂
The most difficult thing to believe here is that he laid 7 tackles. Jamie Allan had 93 touches one weekend in the O&K, 70 of those contested with three men clinging to his back. The difference here, Jamie could get 50 touches at O&M level, and had a knack of bringing others in to the game and dragging the team with him. I’m guessing Prime broke the record for handball receives.

The most difficult thing to believe here is that he laid 7 tackles. Jamie Allan had 93 touches one weekend in the O&K, 70 of those contested with three men clinging to his back. The difference here, Jamie could get 50 touches at O&M level, and had a knack of bringing others in to the game and dragging the team with him. I’m guessing Prime broke the record for handball receives.
Also find hard to imagime that he had that many touches and the team got smashed? Who would hasve counted his touches? Maybe the warm up was again included. Would have been dissapointing to play in front of very few people.

He probably did all the kick ins too

Never thought id see the day you praise Jamie for anything

Also find hard to imagime that he had that many touches and the team got smashed? Who would hasve counted his touches? Maybe the warm up was again included. Would have been dissapointing to play in front of very few people.
The team he played against has a town population of 300. It appears most people of TDS. Tom Derangement Syndrome.

The kids love him and he lives a very healthy lifestyles. Maybe more people should take a page out of his book.

Do no harm
Help out others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some advice that’ll keep your clubs dickhead proof. When meeting with potential recruits a firm handshake with a straight gaze should be non-negotiable. Rinse In a bit of talent and some manners and you’ll likely have success with this player. Good footballers don’t always make your team better, quite the opposite in some cases. I’ve shut the door on some very good footballers over my time, a few went on to be headaches for opposition clubs. It’ll come with experience, you’ll feel it in your gut.

Speaking of points, how is Damien Wilson only 4 points, Shouldn’t he be 5?
A player from the O&M is worth 4 points and crossing to a rival club in the same league should add an extra.
The year off doesn’t count unless he hasn’t played in 3 years I thought

Massive call, but I think we're seeing the demise of Albury play out before our eyes.
Using 40/40 player points last week in a second successive loss is a massive list management fail.
Six points on Jackson Kelly is a killer. Honestly the bloke can't kick the ball.
Muller, Garlett, Gilmore, Miles, all big points, and what is the ROI?
Some major cracks being papered over with not lot of depth in the ranks.
The loss of Bice, Conlan x 2 to VFL hurts. But them the brakes, players are entitled to keep dream alive and have a crack. Other clubs have experienced similar scenarios.
North Albury has taken over as the best talent spotters in Riverina league. Trust me, they've tried more than they've got presently. Their networks are very strong in that part of world.
They might not win on Thursday, maybe they will, but the world is changing.
Remember where you heard it first.

A player from the O&M is worth 4 points and crossing to a rival club in the same league should add an extra.
Didn’t he play a game over the Coast somewhere as well?
That would be 3 clubs in 3 years if that’s the case.
Doesn’t that create an extra point?

A player from a ‘community club’ costs 3 points with a 1 point penalty if recruited from the same league, thus 4 points for D Wilson.
It is the same basis on which (for example) his brother and Muller are 3 pointers this year - they were 4 last year, now with 1 point discount as second year players at their ‘new’ clubs.

Back to the Ovens and Murray people!!

Righto.. who wins Thursday?

This is the first time I can remember that I’m genuinely excited about Albury v North Anzac Day.

Do the tigers continue to dominate the fixture, or to the new breed of Hoppers change that?
Yes should be a good day with a big crowd,,, Im tipping the Hoppers ,,they are on a roll with momentum ... momentum is a huge positive come game day whereas the Tigers are on the opposite side of momentum at this moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back