OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow you can see the genuine fear in the kids face :eek:
What was the outcome of this bump? I'm interested to know especially since Archibald runs straight past the footy with no eyes on it what so ever.

I am quite simply & categorically "not going anywhere near" the comment about Archibald running past the footy!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
After all there's only one game left, let's see what he produces tomorrow. I suspect he'll leave nothing in the tank though.

I am quite simply & categorically "not going anywhere near" the comment about Archibald running past the footy!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
After all there's only one game left, let's see what he produces tomorrow. I suspect he'll leave nothing in the tank though.

Will Whor up the anti to keep Arch from going to Tungamah next season...rumour is he's already signed though.

As for the game I hope it's a nil all draw......:D:D:D......

Will Whor up the anti to keep Arch from going to Tungamah next season...rumour is he's already signed though.

Boys,

Not much of a BIg hit running through a little whippet????

Backing North Wang all the way, Good luck to Steery and the boys.

THe sun is out and its time for some cold Ales and cheer on the boys in Brown and Gold today.

:footy::footy::thumbsu:

Couldn't think of a worse club to win the flag this year - well done to them for winning as they were the better side today...but really, really dislike North Wang! I wonder how much money will be left next year & how many of them will still be playing at the club!

Tunga miten want Hoodoo Archibald now, 4 GF loses in a row some blokes aren't ment to win them

Probably because the umps stuffed it up last year , so they got others to do it but let them do one as well to keep the peace.
Mate, I'm just reading the paper & now I'm not so sure Steery was BOG after all. I was busy at the time & thought I heard his name read out as BOG. The Chroncile suggests Phil O'Keefe for his 6 goals. Anyone 100% sure???

Mate, I'm just reading the paper & now I'm not so sure Steery was BOG after all. I was busy at the time & thought I heard his name read out as BOG. The Chroncile suggests Phil O'Keefe for his 6 goals. Anyone 100% sure???

There were two BOGs awarded, one to O'Keefe, the other to Steer.

Also, for anyone who missed it in today's paper, Jamie Bell will take over as coach, with Steer as assistant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were two BOGs awarded, one to O'Keefe, the other to Steer.

Also, for anyone who missed it in today's paper, Jamie Bell will take over as coach, with Steer as assistant.

I think must people saw that one coming. Interesting move to have steer as assistant tho......

Couldn't think of a worse club to win the flag this year - well done to them for winning as they were the better side today...but really, really dislike North Wang! I wonder how much money will be left next year & how many of them will still be playing at the club!

With the cattle they had they had spend alot of money I guess, but that would be no differnat to alot of other clubs spending up in recent years.

As for next year I reckon Nth Wang will be up there in the mix again they have already named a coach and Belly will get the ball rolling.

With the cattle they had they had spend alot of money I guess, but that would be no differnat to alot of other clubs spending up in recent years.

As for next year I reckon Nth Wang will be up there in the mix again they have already named a coach and Belly will get the ball rolling.
Nth Wang have clearly gone out, targetted guys, spend up big & it's paid off handsomely. As a unit they got better & better as the year progressed so all power to them. Good performances attract good size crowds so the $$'s they've spent in part will have already come back through the club in the form of increased gate, bar & canteen sales for home games. That aside, I doubt any of you have ever seen what most assume is the biggest financial outlay on player recruitment any OKFNL club has ever undertaken. (That's an assumption based on the sheer number & quality of the recruits.) After all they've come from 8th & a 20 goal hammering in their only final in 2011 to premiers. I imagine Nth Wang's challenge in 2013 & thereafter will be covering player payments while still enticing further new recruits. Unsustainable players payments will lead to "short term gain, long term pain". Personally, for me this will be intriguing to watch in the next 2-3 years. All trees die eventually, even "Money" Trees.

Nth Wang have clearly gone out, targetted guys, spend up big & it's paid off handsomely. As a unit they got better & better as the year progressed so all power to them. Good performances attract good size crowds so the $$'s they've spent in part will have already come back through the club in the form of increased gate, bar & canteen sales for home games. That aside, I doubt any of you have ever seen what most assume is the biggest financial outlay on player recruitment any OKFNL club has ever undertaken. (That's an assumption based on the sheer number & quality of the recruits.) After all they've come from 8th & a 20 goal hammering in their only final in 2011 to premiers. I imagine Nth Wang's challenge in 2013 & thereafter will be covering player payments while still enticing further new recruits. Unsustainable players payments will lead to "short term gain, long term pain". Personally, for me this will be intriguing to watch in the next 2-3 years. All trees die eventually, even "Money" Trees.

All you flogs are just jealous of North Wang's success! The outlay and money tree that you keep referring to is nothing compared to the dollars spent by all your tumbleweed towns. There's no way North Wang would be able to afford the 30 grand asking price for certain ex-afl types. Good culture is what guarantees success!

Hawks 2012! Enjoy the summer haters!

. There's no way North Wang would be able to afford the 30 grand asking price for certain ex-afl types. Good culture is what guarantees success!

Are you hinting that archibald cost whorouly that much this year?

All you flogs are just jealous of North Wang's success! The outlay and money tree that you keep referring to is nothing compared to the dollars spent by all your tumbleweed towns. There's no way North Wang would be able to afford the 30 grand asking price for certain ex-afl types. Good culture is what guarantees success!

Hawks 2012! Enjoy the summer haters!
Have another look at my comments you twit. I congratulate North Wang & commend them on the way the worked together as a team. Find anything negative in my comments & you're a genius!!! You've no idea what other clubs are paying. You simply can't compare a gun recruit here or there like say an Archibald or a Williams to the quality & numbers North Wang attracted this year. I'm sure all the hat wearers reading this enjoyed your comment on "culture".

Haha yes Hibbleton good culture. i c everyone in the league has recruited someone from jail that has set a guy alight... good culture, great people to have around a footy club. Also didnt you guys lose your liquor license for selling grog to underagers??

I heard $5,000 up front then $900 per game. Big money if you can afford it.
You'd be peed off if you were Whorouly paying that much money for the bloke and taking off after one year. as good as he was (couldn't win them a p'ship tho). They may have been better off spending that money on 2 local blokes and have them stick around for a few years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back