OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

14bd290a.jpg

Mick Newton back coaching Milawa! Expected his younger brother Brent to follow!

So GIF, I'm not overly familiar with the Newton's. Would you see this as being a good thing for the club?? Particularly with respect to retaining players given the player discontent we've all heard about. I know of one Milawa player (who Greta "may" target so his name will remain off-limits on this forum) that wasn't a happy camper after the KV final. I imagine there could be more.

So GIF, I'm not overly familiar with the Newton's. Would you see this as being a good thing for the club?? Particularly with respect to retaining players given the player discontent we've all heard about. I know of one Milawa player (who Greta "may" target so his name will remain off-limits on this forum) that wasn't a happy camper after the KV final. I imagine there could be more.

I would expect it to be a great thing for the club. Mick was the last coach before sims! So coached them to a premiership!
Brent a very good player in the ovens and Murray!

Mick Newton back coaching Milawa! Expected his younger brother Brent to follow!

Nothing official at this point. Official line: "Hoping to make an announcement next week." Mick has been out at Milawa for the past two Sundays, so wouldn't surprise me if he's in the mix, and if he has applied for the job he would be a very good candidate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow you can see the genuine fear in the kids face :eek:
What was the outcome of this bump? I'm interested to know especially since Archibald runs straight past the footy with no eyes on it what so ever.

Haha Jez was fine - didn't even go to ground apparently! Not too many of us who wouldn't cack it at least a little seeing Arch charging at you...

Didn't see that coming. Jono Rea stepping down for Sessions to take over!

Jono has done a fantastic job up the valley!

As an opposition supporter, here's hoping Sessions as a "coach" takes the edge off him as a "player". In week one, I thought his last quarter switch into the midfield against Greta was the difference & helped KV regain control of the match when an upset looked likely.

Who is everyone's tips for the big one this week end?
I think north Wang will be too quick for whorouly on the bigger ground.

Also heard an interesting one today about north Wang. That they are also thinking of going because of the junior situation in the league. Just waiting until the weekend has finished to put there submission in. Anyone else heard this??

Who is everyone's tips for the big one this week end?
I think north Wang will be too quick for whorouly on the bigger ground.

You all know I tipped Whorouly before Round One. But given the results of the past month & North Wang's charmed run with injuries it's really hard to go past them. It's all well & good to spend truckloads of coin on players but almost every one of them has had an injury free season which has seen North Wang get stronger as the season's progressed while others such as Milawa & Moyhu were cursed with injuries. Whorouly have got some big bodies who may be exploited by North Wang's speed & ball movement.

North Wang has had there fair share of injuries too, injuries that i know of, Troppo canny broke his collar bone and missed 7 weeks, Tyler harries missed 10 with a knee, Patterson missed 3 with a hamstring, Baker missed 4 with a cork, Ashton missed 5 with a shoulder, Naish 2 with concussion, Ben Bell missed a few with ribs, Steer 3 with a hamstring i think... so they have not had it all plain sailing....

North Wang has had there fair share of injuries too, injuries that i know of, Troppo canny broke his collar bone and missed 7 weeks, Tyler harries missed 10 with a knee, Patterson missed 3 with a hamstring, Baker missed 4 with a cork, Ashton missed 5 with a shoulder, Naish 2 with concussion, Ben Bell missed a few with ribs, Steer 3 with a hamstring i think... so they have not had it all plain sailing....
Fair enough Johhny. But all of the sides around North Wang have been struck down a lot harder with bad injuries to key players for extended periods. The day Greta played Nth Wang it was like the "who's who" of the money tree they shook at the start of the season. Every gun was on the paddock & the result was devastating. They looked awesome. That both North Wang & Whorouly are playing in both ones & twos suggests to me that both have either very strong lists & depth, have been lucky with injury or a mixture of both.

Fair enough Johhny. But all of the sides around North Wang have been struck down a lot harder with bad injuries to key players for extended periods. The day Greta played Nth Wang it was like the "who's who" of the money tree they shook at the start of the season. Every gun was on the paddock & the result was devastating. They looked awesome. That both North Wang & Whorouly are playing in both ones & twos suggests to me that both have either very strong lists & depth, have been lucky with injury or a mixture of both.

I think whorouly have had a strong list for a fair few years now. Have to topped up a few really good players this year.

North Wang are the unknown. Credit to them for the year they have had so far. I guess the question will be how many will be still there next year?
I think most will stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back