***Official Manchester United Thread*** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I rate Jones (and Smalling to a lesser extent).

I do wonder if all this positional change for club and country is the best thing for him. With Vidic out maybe you should throw him in the centre of defence and leave him there.

I would be very happy to have Jones at Cb and Smalling at RB.

Even happier if we played both at CB until Vidic is back ready to play. Think we seriously need to get Rio another home, but I have said this for 3 years now!

Not over reacting to the other day but it got me thinking that we need a clean out.

Carrick, Fletcher, Park, Gibson, Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs to retire, Bebe, Diouf, Owen, Kuzscak, Macheda, Evans, Valencia.

Sure some may argue with a few but happy to give my reasons when questioned.

Most speak for themselves really!

agree with them all maybe except evra but if we can get someone like Jordi Alba then happy to see him go aswell, could buy 4 or 5 world class players if we sell em all

Evra has gone backwards from a few seasons ago, gets caught out of position more nowadays than ever before and often ball watches (cant have both he and Rio doing the same thing!) also does not create as much menace going forward as he once did.

Best days are past I think!

Evra has gone backwards from a few seasons ago, gets caught out of position more nowadays than ever before and often ball watches (cant have both he and Rio doing the same thing!) also does not create as much menace going forward as he once did.

Best days are past I think!

Disagree immensely.

So he has not gone backwards the last few seasons, he has not been caught out of position more than before, he has not ball watched more than before and he is as dangerous going forward as he has always been??

Wow we have different views on his game.

I think he has ben rather gash for a couple of seasons bar a few good matches.

Thats your opinion and I am fine with it. Don't agree but hey that what makes the world go around.

So he has not gone backwards the last few seasons, he has not been caught out of position more than before, he has not ball watched more than before and he is as dangerous going forward as he has always been??

Wow we have different views on his game.

I think he has ben rather gash for a couple of seasons bar a few good matches.

Thats your opinion and I am fine with it. Don't agree but hey that what makes the world go around.

No, I disagree with the assertion that he's past his best. I would say he had a very poor period after returning from the World Cup in 2010 but he improved in the 2nd half of last season. He's also not been as bad as suggested this season.

But you're right these are just opinions.

Not over reacting to the other day but it got me thinking that we need a clean out.

Carrick, Fletcher, Park, Gibson, Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs to retire, Bebe, Diouf, Owen, Kuzscak, Macheda, Evans, Valencia.

Surprised that you'd want to get rid of Park, Fletcher & Valencia. Park is a handy squad player who is versatile, Fletcher is a decent player and Valencia is ideal if you want a winger that can actually defend. Valencia was one of your better players in the second half of last season.

As for the rest, good riddance to bad rubbish. A collection of has beens and players that never had any talent (aside from Giggs who just needs to retire before he makes a fool of himself).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised that you'd want to get rid of Park, Fletcher & Valencia. Park is a handy squad player who is versatile, Fletcher is a decent player and Valencia is ideal if you want a winger that can actually defend. Valencia was one of your better players in the second half of last season.

As for the rest, good riddance to bad rubbish. A collection of has beens and players that never had any talent (aside from Giggs who just needs to retire before he makes a fool of himself).

Park - Yes a good squad player who will never be a regular, problem is we have far to many squad players who nobody fears. Park is one of them.

Fletcher - Has had 1 very good season in his time as a United player.

Valencia has just annoyed me this season the way he does not attack the box and only attacks the corner flag. Agree I may have been harsh on him but he just does not take his opponents on the inside to open goal up. To predictable and 1 sided.

Again these are just my opinions.

I forgot to add Anderson.

For to many seasons now he has started with a blaze and faded...why? Because he does not work hard enough on the track to build up his tank to run out 90+ minutes.

To fat, does not create enough and cant shoot. Has not improved in these areas enough for such a player who showed great promise.

Cash in now before he repeats the same habits again and again.

thank christ some of you aint in charge of a football club! :p

some massive overreactions on here but that was always going to happen I suppose.

good response and thank you chelsea. :)

Fletchers illness does appear to be quite serious, not just in terms of football but beyond as well.

His absence last year always seemed more than what was being told and from the sounds of things I wouldnt expect to see him back playing.

Looks to be a manager in waiting but at this stage quality of life needs to be the priority as his illness does appear to directly impact on quality of life.

Best of luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back