Review North supporters be ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

Was too crook on the guts to go. Was in the city earlier in the day and nearly followed through a couple of times so I decided not to risk it. Almost glad we lost, I'd have been fuming if we knocked off Melbourne and I wasn't there.

We’d had about the worst run we’d had since the 60s and people want to cook the crowd?

Pfft it was down in large part because even rusted on like myself knew there was a possibility of being opened up significantly by the top undefeated side.

We will likely get more to the GWS game because it is vaguely winnable.

All of you thinking the crowd number is not important, and thinking 4k or 5k of our own turning up is ok...you don't reckon that it would (at least the smallest fraction) figure into JHF's decision to stay? He's got an ego which is great but he'll want to play in front of mote than 5k of his supporters.

You're shooting yourself in the foot with your CBF excuse riddled mindset.

I would hope he has a bit more mental fortitude than that.

People are looking for reasons for him to leave at the moment.

My local tatts store is run by a family of GoNarrm members so when I wandered in there to potentially collect my $40M earlier in the day I had to ask where their regular group of 10 attendees would be sitting as I’d look out for them.

“Oh we don’t go to away games. In fact none of us go to Marvel, EVER!”

As for non attending members of other clubs look no further than the Hawks’ members area at the MCG. The space allocated reflects their member numbers obviously and by geez it’s sparsely populated when they’re not contending for a flag, like most game they play this year.

My local tatts store is run by a family of GoNarrm members so when I wandered in there to potentially collect my $40M earlier in the day I had to ask where their regular group of 10 attendees would be sitting as I’d look out for them.

“Oh we don’t go to away games. In fact none of us go to Marvel, EVER!”

As for non attending members of other clubs look no further than the Hawks’ members area at the MCG. The space allocated reflects their member numbers obviously and by geez it’s sparsely populated when they’re not contending for a flag, like most game they play this year.
Did you offer the chauffeur them with some of the 40million?

I went yesterday and took 2 GoNarms supporters. Was the first time at Docklands for both of them since Kevin Rudds first term. One of them still thought it was called Telstra Dome. I felt like their local guide so they wouldn't get lost at the Southern Cross myki barriers.

Did you offer the chauffeur them with some of the 40million?

Unfulfilled potential $40M. The pricks couldn’t even give me more than $10 so my chauffeuring would’ve involved a swift kick up the rear for all ten of the non attending twats.

i stood outside my polling place handing out cards for 4 hours. sorry i didn't feel like going out tonight.
Same. That’ll be the only home game I miss for the year but yesterday I felt changing the government was more important than going to the footy. Appreciate not everyone cares so much but you can’t pot those who do for missing a 4.40 game on Election Day. See youse next week.

I genuinely feel sorry for those criticising others for not going to a footy game.

Your life must be incredibly depressing if you can't understand why others don't prioritise watching an entertainment product that has been incredibly unentertaining all year.
No worries Tree,
We hope to see u back sometime when we start winning a few games . (If we are still around ) and our level is a bit more entertaining and up to your standards .
5ABABC44-D53C-495A-9B62-0466EF3B5155.gif

That negative is what will be the lead in the media during the week in regards to us. Talk back radio, paper, tv shows, online articles*.....

*The Tackle piece in the heraldsun already mentioning the low crowd number as it's heading.

The positives that came out of the game....will come 2nd if at all.
Who gives a flying heck what the herald sun says? Seriously. The Herald ducking Sun. Anyone who believes anything they read in it can’t be taken seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a number of factors here I would have thought - awful timeslot half way between daytime and nightime, meaning if you have someone on during that day it's difficult or if you have plans at night it's difficult. Election would have effected some (personally I was stuck in a queue to vote from 3.10 to 5pm hence why I didn't make it), I wouldn't underestimate that at any given time in Victoria there are 70-75K people in isolation with COVID, there are plenty more who are still not comfortable being in crowds, one who argue rightfully so.

But I wouldn't under-estimate how much the AFL has alienated fans - frankly they have made going to a game quite difficult, the need to have digital tickets has alienated the 10% of AFL Fans (defined as people who had been to a game in the last 3 months) who don't have a smartphone (it is 10% by the way I've investigated). There would be plenty more who own a phone but aren't comfortable transacting with what has to be the worst organization on earth (Ticketmaster/Tickettek - I can never tell which one I'm dealing with) or not comfortable with the North App. This is why my 80 year old dad wasn't there, he has no way of accessing his ticket unless myself or my brother are there with our phones. Also it makes it very difficult to make last minute decisions to go, you can't walk up, you can't meet friends there because you have bought a ticket through some stupid process days before.

The AFL has lost touch with the casual supporter. There are always rusted on people who will turn up week in week out, what the AFL has lost is the casual supporter, the people who might turn up, if it's easy and I don't have to pre-book a ticket.

There is a pretty simple maxim in marketing - make your product easy to buy - the AFL (and North, although they will blame the AFL) have forgotten this.

I have thoughts on the TV coverage of the game and what's wrong with that as well and how it's all the AFL's and Channel 7's fault, but that's a rant for another day.

Sick of the BS here awful time slot Election Day or I eat ate something dodgy after a night on the piss for not turning up to games.
To the North supporters/members wake the f:ck up whether we play 7:30pm Friday night 1:40pm ,4:40pm or 7:20pm Saturday’s or 1:10pm,3:20pm or 4:40pm Sunday’s we just don’t turn up so shut the F:ck up.
This is why this club is going nowhere at all levels and shows why this club is a fu:king laughing stock and to say this club is at rock bottom well we’re not they yet but we are getting close every week.
This only shows why we WON’T be getting a priority pick
Plus why this club will lose it’s only game of note in Good Friday in 2023
And why Channel 7 will NEVER if it gets it way show any games involving the NMFC .
We are the NMFC the most despised sporting organisation in this country.

There are a number of factors here I would have thought - awful timeslot half way between daytime and nightime, meaning if you have someone on during that day it's difficult or if you have plans at night it's difficult. Election would have effected some (personally I was stuck in a queue to vote from 3.10 to 5pm hence why I didn't make it), I wouldn't underestimate that at any given time in Victoria there are 70-75K people in isolation with COVID, there are plenty more who are still not comfortable being in crowds, one who argue rightfully so.

But I wouldn't under-estimate how much the AFL has alienated fans - frankly they have made going to a game quite difficult, the need to have digital tickets has alienated the 10% of AFL Fans (defined as people who had been to a game in the last 3 months) who don't have a smartphone (it is 10% by the way I've investigated). There would be plenty more who own a phone but aren't comfortable transacting with what has to be the worst organization on earth (Ticketmaster/Tickettek - I can never tell which one I'm dealing with) or not comfortable with the North App. This is why my 80 year old dad wasn't there, he has no way of accessing his ticket unless myself or my brother are there with our phones. Also it makes it very difficult to make last minute decisions to go, you can't walk up, you can't meet friends there because you have bought a ticket through some stupid process days before.

The AFL has lost touch with the casual supporter. There are always rusted on people who will turn up week in week out, what the AFL has lost is the casual supporter, the people who might turn up, if it's easy and I don't have to pre-book a ticket.

There is a pretty simple maxim in marketing - make your product easy to buy - the AFL (and North, although they will blame the AFL) have forgotten this.

I have thoughts on the TV coverage of the game and what's wrong with that as well and how it's all the AFL's and Channel 7's fault, but that's a rant for another day.
This is spot on mate. I buy my membership for North and watch North, live and breath North etc etc, but outside of North I really don't watch or follow much of the AFL. Could probably name more guys running around in the local suburban league than the other 17 AFL teams. 20 years ago this wasn't the case. Probably a lot to do with life changes and other interests etc, but as a casual fan for any other non North game, the Australian Football League lost me a long time ago.

It was gone when I went in at half time for a beer .
I got one.

Beats the $26 burger every day of the week.

And since the dickheads closed the hotdog joint near the tab (an absolute disgrace if ever there was one, that spicy dog with Parmesan was cracker) it really is the only half decent option.

Gone a bit crazy in this thread, I get to pretty much every game in Victoria (home and away) and yeah it would be awesome if more people attended.

It just ain't fun coming to the footy when you're losing by massive margins, this will turn and the crowds will go up. I suspect we'll get more than we would have otherwise to the Saints game next week just on the basis a better showing against the Dees.

And when it does turn, it will be great to see those extra fans there. It's not about bandwagon supporters vs rusted on supporters, it will be about the team coming to life and everyone wanting to enjoy the ride. I for one look forward to those times ahead.

Sick of the BS here awful time slot Election Day or I eat ate something dodgy after a night on the piss for not turning up to games.
To the North supporters/members wake the f:ck up whether we play 7:30pm Friday night 1:40pm ,4:40pm or 7:20pm Saturday’s or 1:10pm,3:20pm or 4:40pm Sunday’s we just don’t turn up so shut the F:ck up.
This is why this club is going nowhere at all levels and shows why this club is a fu:king laughing stock and to say this club is at rock bottom well we’re not they yet but we are getting close every week.
This only shows why we WON’T be getting a priority pick
Plus why this club will lose it’s only game of note in Good Friday in 2023
And why Channel 7 will NEVER if it gets it way show any games involving the NMFC .
We are the NMFC the most despised sporting organisation in this country.
Nah, you should shut the heck up.

You can't guilt people into going to watch what is at times unwatchable football, we would have got a lot more to the game if there was any confidence by the public that we could put up a fight. I thought that there were a lot of positives this week but so far this year our standard has been pretty poor and there is no easy way to restore that trust, you just have to go out and knuckle down, chase and tackle when you don't have the ball.

Yeah, it was a poor crowd but we have been really mediocre to s**t at this caper for a long time and supporters of other clubs crack the sads after half a bad season, we've had 3 coaches in 4 years, we have forced good quality players out of the club, we have hung on to some potatoes, we have far too much youth and a lack of leadership and we have been slow to show any real progression with the development of the younger players. It is not a great environment, it is much easier to have talent and show it in a good side where you have strong mature players, there is no easy or quick way out of the hole we are in and supporters know that and they have ponied up with membership money. They aren't obligated to show up for a bloodbath every week. The club has to show it is going to have a crack every week and do the defensive work.

Nah, you should shut the duck up.
Maybe the same should apply to you sillygit
Or should announce you as a silly Stu:I’d git if you were at the yesterday game blind Fred could see what was going on unless it’s addressed now it will continue and remember this the AFL has 18 teams atm but it doesn’t say where they have to play.
The NMFC atm is debt free☑️ But in time with attracting extremely low crowds in Victoria for home games no commercial TV expose EG:Friday,Saturday nights and about to lose up to $2 million from Hobart games then as a supporter of the NMFC we should be all worried as of now and you not then live in denial then as it won’t take long for the debt to rise again.
I have said in the past on big footy for the club to survive is for the supporters need to do this by attending games and if was happening we wouldn’t need Hobart .
This club the NMFC is a supporters club is not the club of board members past or present or administrator’s for there business interest so they go boost there ego’s or for BS merchants like Paul Roos to stroll in and make a quick $$$ with the spin of the so called bloods culture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back