Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The only negative about the big Giants win is that the scenario where lions lead with seconds to go, zorko has the ball & kicks directly 2 a giant who goals & they win is no longer in play.
Maybe a double 50 at the end against zorko does it?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The giants actually are not unlike freo with ball in hand - lots of handball chains though congestion when attacking which is what JL seems to be trying to implement.
The difference is they have far more talent than us though the middle of the ground and just simply have better players, as a collective.
That gamestyle requires class and composure and vision - we have a certain amount of players good enough to play that style but not enough. It just takes one handball that is over or under hit, or marginally inaccurate causing the receiver to stop and break their momentum, and it comes a cropper with a turnover.
I don’t think we have the cattle to play like the giants.
On a separate note, they should win this flag easily. The best team I’ve seen this year.

The giants actually are not unlike freo with ball in hand - lots of handball chains though congestion when attacking which is what JL seems to be trying to implement.
The difference is they have far more talent than us though the middle of the ground and just simply have better players, as a collective.
That gamestyle requires class and composure and vision - we have a certain amount of players good enough to play that style but not enough. It just takes one handball that is over or under hit, or marginally inaccurate causing the receiver to stop and break their momentum, and it comes a cropper with a turnover.
I don’t think we have the cattle to play like the giants.
On a separate note, they should win this flag easily. The best team I’ve seen this year.
They are confident though

This could really be it for Brisbane this year. It would take a monumental effort for them to be a contender again this season

Imagine being so stacked as to leave Brent Daniels on the pine as the starting sub? How are we meant to compete with that? Farcical stuff.

There is not a single forward on the Fremantle list that would get a game at GWS right now. Not one. AFL basically manipulating the equalisation rules to stack a team with talent that literally no one cares about.

Imagine being so stacked as to leave Brent Daniels on the pine as the starting sub? How are we meant to compete with that? Farcical stuff.

There is not a single forward on the Fremantle list that would get a game at GWS right now. Not one. AFL basically manipulating the equalisation rules to stack a team with talent that literally no one cares about.
I'd say Amiss, Jackson and Treacy are all arguably better than Riccardi and Cadman.

I'd be very surprised if Frederick didn't make it in to their forward line as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say Amiss, Jackson and Treacy are all arguably better than Riccardi and Cadman.

I'd be very surprised if Frederick didn't make it in to their forward line as well.
Didn’t think of Jackson - I’ll give you him for Cadman.
Then again - they would then have the same conundrum as we do with Briggs instead of Darcy…. In fact they would probably just put Jacko in the ruck and drop Briggs.

None of our small or medium forwards would get a look in. Brown scores more goals than Frederick.
Amiss over Cadman - probably but they are slightly different types of forwards. As classy as amiss is, he not getting his hands on the footy enough. If you had to pick two from 4 of Riccardi, Treacy, amiss and Cadman, it’s probably a combination of one from each club. Not much between them i guess. Every time I see Ricciardi play against us he looks like an absolute gun though.

Switta, Emmett, Banfield, Walters, Frederick would all be playing VFL at the giants.
Daniels would be our best small forward. The crazy thing is we haven’t even seen phoenix Gothard yet! Another supposedly elite small forward.

They are going to have a boil over of AFL small forward talent over there in the next year or so because they can’t all play.
Maybe we can tempt someone from there to help with our small forward woes?

What are people's thoughts about Reid having a rest week off to spend back at home in Vic?
It seems most of the Eagles supporters/posters are trying to put a positive spin on it, but I can't say I would be happy.
Perception is reality and this looks like preferential treatment of their young star and not putting the team first.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/w...s/news-story/5a48caa070caf072d97652895a11cd73

What are people's thoughts about Reid having a rest week off to spend back at home in Vic?
It seems most of the Eagles supporters/posters are trying to put a positive spin on it, but I can't say I would be happy.
Perception is reality and this looks like preferential treatment of their young star and not putting the team first.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/w...s/news-story/5a48caa070caf072d97652895a11cd73
Thought it was a strange one myself I must say. You don’t see it very often

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/west-coasts-harley-reid-move-has-not-gone-dow

He obviously thinks he's more important than the others

Their entire future rides on keeping Reid happy enough to stay. If a few players get their noses out of joint they will cop that.

Other than the people in the Tom Greene fan club ?

Interesting isn’t it ?

My 2 cents worth

1 . He would have got smashed by Rowell

2. Gives them an excuse to be s**t again with Barass being out

I saw Tim Tossage saying that the eagles are close to a flag than freo now. What a wind up merchant 😡

I do think their youth has been understated by this board however.
The following should all be good AFL players:
Reid
Ginbey
Oscar Allen
Hewitt
Hough

Then there is a bunch of guys that could be solid role players
Maric
Chesser
Brockman
Waterman
Williams x 2

I’m sure they have one or two more in the ressies like archer Reid.

I’m not saying they are gonna be world beaters. But another year or two of top 10 picks, plus maybe a bonus pick or two from trading out a Yeo or McGovern or Barrass and they will suddenly have a decent young core of talent.

So * them. I want them to win a few this year to reduce the risk they get another gun in the top 3 or 4 of the ND

I saw Tim Tossage saying that the eagles are close to a flag than freo now. What a wind up merchant 😡

I do think their youth has been understated by this board however.
The following should all be good AFL players:
Reid
Ginbey
Oscar Allen
Hewitt
Hough

Then there is a bunch of guys that could be solid role players
Maric
Chesser
Brockman
Waterman
Williams x 2

I’m sure they have one or two more in the ressies like archer Reid.

I’m not saying they are gonna be world beaters. But another year or two of top 10 picks, plus maybe a bonus pick or two from trading out a Yeo or McGovern or Barrass and they will suddenly have a decent young core of talent.

So * them. I want them to win a few this year to reduce the risk they get another gun in the top 3 or 4 of the ND
One negative to being such a destination club is that no one wants leave so therefore minimal trade options

I can’t see any of the 3 you mentioned moving on while they have any currency so they will have to do it all through the draft

Not sure what’s happening with Liam Ryan but he is one they might flip

Didn’t think of Jackson - I’ll give you him for Cadman.
Then again - they would then have the same conundrum as we do with Briggs instead of Darcy…. In fact they would probably just put Jacko in the ruck and drop Briggs.

None of our small or medium forwards would get a look in. Brown scores more goals than Frederick.
Amiss over Cadman - probably but they are slightly different types of forwards. As classy as amiss is, he not getting his hands on the footy enough. If you had to pick two from 4 of Riccardi, Treacy, amiss and Cadman, it’s probably a combination of one from each club. Not much between them i guess. Every time I see Ricciardi play against us he looks like an absolute gun though.

Switta, Emmett, Banfield, Walters, Frederick would all be playing VFL at the giants.
Daniels would be our best small forward. The crazy thing is we haven’t even seen phoenix Gothard yet! Another supposedly elite small forward.

They are going to have a boil over of AFL small forward talent over there in the next year or so because they can’t all play.
Maybe we can tempt someone from there to help with our small forward woes?
We have a very different opinion of their forward line compared to ours.

Quite clearly theirs is undeniably better - but that's more due to the fact that they have 2 genuine stars in Hogan and Greene and a far more conducive game style to scoring with some amazing ball users delivering it to them.

Amiss almost gets the same amount of ball as Cadman if you take out his last game were he was subbed off.

I think Jackson is clearly better than both Riccardi and Treacy who I would place on an even field.

However I think you are massively overrating Daniels and underrating Frederick. Frederick has kicked more goals than Daniels in the best part of 30 less games, in a team where it is much harder to score. Beyond that Bedford seems to be favoured over him in the forward line and Frederick is a far superior player to him.

Brent Daniels was sixk during the week. Once they got ahead they completely rested him. Of course he starts over the two youngsters and Jones...

This is a terrible take hahah

Darcy Jones, Harvey Thomas and O'Hallaran all better than Frederick?

Cadman better than Amiss?

Ricardi better than Jackson?

Come on bro...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back