Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

On a side note to how important of a player Frederick is for us - if my math is correct after going through our record and his record as a player for us...

Since Frederick was drafted our record without him in the team is:

• 10 wins
  • 20 losses

Which is pretty significant given our record since with Frederick is:
  • 36 wins
  • 1 draw
  • 25 losses

On a side note to how important of a player Frederick is for us - if my math is correct after going through our record and his record as a player for us...

Since Frederick was drafted our record without him in the team is:

• 10 wins
  • 20 losses

Which is pretty significant given our record since with Frederick is:
  • 36 wins
  • 1 draw
  • 25 losses
In a team bereft of pace up forward, when our speedier forwards are out, we struggle. Confucius says.

Imagine being so stacked as to leave Brent Daniels on the pine as the starting sub? How are we meant to compete with that? Farcical stuff.

There is not a single forward on the Fremantle list that would get a game at GWS right now. Not one. AFL basically manipulating the equalisation rules to stack a team with talent that literally no one cares about.

Cmon..Amiss is better than Cadman

Ok. I'm sold. Let's draft Frederick's twin brother as a backup/decoy lol
We could get Walker’s Brother as well, while we’re at it, would add loads on confusion for the commentators.
Walker to Frederick to walker to Frederick….goal freo.

Edit: David King would probably do an analysis on what it takes to be an elite small forward by highlighting Frederick getting it in the back pocket then receiving it to have a shot on goal!

Last edited:
We could get Walker’s Brother as well, while we’re at it, would add loads on confusion for the commentators.
Walker to Frederick to walker to Frederick….goal freo.
Lol yeah.. cause we know how little research commentators do about Freo pre games. They just rock up 5 mins to go

How about Serong, although not twin and he isn't available.... Any others...? Lol

Cmon..Amiss is better than Cadman

I’d also say that Amiss doesn’t get his hands on the ball enough because he doesn’t have the likes of Green, Kelly, Whitfield and Finn Callaghan kicking to him using an attacking game plan surrounded by other capable forwards who get the ball into the forward line on average close to 60 times a game

There is not a single forward on the Fremantle list that would get a game at GWS right now. Not one. AFL basically manipulating the equalisation rules to stack a team with talent that literally no one cares about.

While not many punters care about GWS the AFL certainly do, and will undoubtedly continue to gift them players by fair mean or foul until they get noticed in Western Sydney.

Under the current AFL promotion of GWS, Swans, GC and Brissy it's no surprise we have less talent available than they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here’s a stat for you

GWS had 23 forward 50 tackles…4 for Brisbane.

23 ******* tackles.

They had Toby Greene out and were able to make Brent Daniel’s sub, a guy going at over a goal a game this year and above average in just about every metric…* me

While not many punters care about GWS the AFL certainly do, and will undoubtedly continue to gift them players by fair mean or foul until they get noticed in Western Sydney.

Under the current AFL promotion of GWS, Swans, GC and Brissy it's no surprise we have less talent available than they do.

I’m not sure this is gifting?

They already had Toby Greene for instance, they traded for Bedford, drafted Darcy Jones, traded in Hogan, traded up to get Cadman…

Took Finn Callaghan when they already had Whitfield and Kelly

They’ve got a trade/draft strategy that prioritises attacking footy.

Let alone snagging Tom Green while we paid more for Henry.

Bloke just got 37 possessions against a strong midfield

I’m not sure this is gifting?

They already had Toby Greene for instance, they traded for Bedford, drafted Darcy Jones, traded in Hogan, traded up to get Cadman…

Took Finn Callaghan when they already had Whitfield and Kelly

They’ve got a trade/draft strategy that prioritises attacking footy
It’s the capital they have been gifted to draft and trade up to implement the plan.

Reckon this will be the final 8.
Don’t think we’ll make it
I think at least 2 of them could drop out. Not sold on Port, they flatter to deceive, one minute they look a million dollars...the next, scampy fry tramps.

Essendon could be the Edge or Eggplants, not sold on them either. Collingwood have the experience and the know-how and have crept back up into calculations (unfortunately), but they're a strange forward mixture, a bit 'ragtag'. All 3 could potentially drop out with either injuries or poorer performances, I reckon the top 5 are set (not necessarily the order), but I think they're all locks to play finals.

Would be handy if both Port and Magpies drop out the 8 for our death-riding picks, but the way we're going we'd probably draft a half-back and a Vic Metro midfielder asking to be traded back in 2 years time

It’s a questionable strategy because I assume they think once GWS win a flag thousands of new fans will come out of the woodwork.
Melbourne storm are probably the most successful NRL team ever yet are still minnows in Melbourne. The premierships they won haven’t made a huge dent at all.

If GWS win a flag western Sydney folk will go “ oh that’s nice, good to see” before immediately turning their focus back to Penrith and parramatta and Canterbury bullgogs etc.

It’s a questionable strategy because I assume they think once GWS win a flag thousands of new fans will come out of the woodwork.
Melbourne storm are probably the most successful NRL team ever yet are still minnows in Melbourne. The premierships they won haven’t made a huge dent at all.

If GWS win a flag western Sydney folk will go “ oh that’s nice, good to see” before immediately turning their focus back to Penrith and parramatta and Canterbury bullgogs etc.
Officially more kids are taking up playing AFL here in Sydney than taking up playing NRL. I know kids living near me are more into AFL.

View attachment 1971507View attachment 1971507

Couldn’t be bothered seeing or checking media thread. My bad if already posted.
But this is an absolute joke, by a WA paper getting their pants wet over a Victorian. Such a laughing stock.
Sorry for all those sports toiling away getting no recognition.
This could end very badly.
A serious injury or a ben cousins figjam personality of the cult.
Ridiculous to put so much pressure on a 19 year old.
Feel sorry for him if things head south.

This could end very badly.
A serious injury or a ben cousins figjam personality of the cult.
Ridiculous to put so much pressure on a 19 year old.
Feel sorry for him if things head south.
Did you watch the derby? I don’t feel in the slightest sorry for that guy. Will be laughing all the home when a vic club offers him a 10 year 15mil contract and he walks after 3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back