News Non-Crows AFLW 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane a decent chance to be missing two players to suspension in our qualifying final against them next week, with Mullins offered one match for striking, and Heslop sent straight to the tribunal for a potential three week suspension.
I can't even tell what the Heslop one is for from that Twitter footage.

I can't even tell what the Heslop one is for from that Twitter footage.

I assume it's for slamming the opponent's head into the turf with a tackle. Watt ended up concussed so the AFL will want to make an example of her.

Looks like a single motion, though. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up downgrading it to a two week suspension or something.

I know it's the little things that get up my nose... but Adelaide should be leading this...not the Melbourne player. Silly things.View attachment 1849153
I can understand Melbourne leading it from a certain point of view (defending premiers, the hunted)

The big wtf part of this though is Brisbane being where they are. Should switch them with Gold Coast.

Sarah Perkins delisted by Hawthorn. I wonder if a fifth club will give her a go?

You'll always be a Crows premiership superstar, Tex :hearteyes:

did she ever get serious and commit properly? Early days while the league was finding its feet, she could get away as an old fashioned full forward. But as the league improved in fitness, professionalism and skill levels, she needed to keep up with it. Last I saw of her she most definitely hadn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did she ever get serious and commit properly? Early days while the league was finding its feet, she could get away as an old fashioned full forward. But as the league improved in fitness, professionalism and skill levels, she needed to keep up with it. Last I saw of her she most definitely hadn't.

I mean, she lost an absolute tonne of weight, but she was always a naturally big-bodied lady. As athletic standards in the league have gone up, she got left behind a bit.

I don't think it was down to any kind of laziness or poor health standards, from what I can tell she worked her guts out. it's just who she is. Her natural ability kept her in the system for eight seasons, so good on her.

She never again reached the heights of her 2017 season.

Last edited:
Absolutely feels crappy especially after yesterday watching Scheer play for the Cats, won a flag without her but the pain of losing her really rears it head when you have results like yesterday and in the 2021 GF.

EDIT: on cue does her shoulder

Last edited:
Absolutely feels crappy especially after yesterday watching Scheer play for the Cats, won a flag without her but the pain of losing her really rears it head when you have results like yesterday and in the 2021 GF.

EDIT: on cue does her shoulder
She would be massive in our side. Definitely our biggest loss.

Melbourne looking like we normally do during our reigning premier seasons.

With some luck, Melbourne will knock Brisbane out in the prelim so we have a path to a flag that doesn't involve them.
Yeah what the heck was that all about. North were ruthless.
At the very least, win next week and it's north instead of Melbourne. But that looks very hard now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back