News Non-Crows AFLW 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a hairline fracture of collarbone. Surely, it's not healed :0

It's definitely not healed. She was in a sling earlier this week! She'll just get a jab or two and play through the pain. Seriously tough lady.

Apparently, Brisbane have said they won't target Scheer in the match, after people brought up the Nick Riewoldt incident back in 2005. Yeah, right. If they're winning easily, I'm sure they won't... but if the match is close, they'll try to run through her. It's in Brisbane's DNA. Hell, if he thought he could get away with it, Starcevich himself would get on the field and flatten her.

I hope she kicks them out of a grand final.

Geelong just dumb tried to shut the game down with 12 minutes left, they ran totally out of legs and Brisbane benefited from the week off.

Brisbane have switched to such a negative constricting game style, their defenders just structure so well and save their skins.

Exact same as last game against the Crows, they clog up the contests get their wingers to hold width and play that extra defender down the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well looks like Davidson won't play next week from that reaction.

I've lost count how many times I've seen Davidson go off the ground screaming like she's been shot, only to end up back on again. I'm expected her to play next week.

Far out, the umpires just decided to take the last ten minutes off. So many free kicks that should have been paid but nothing. I'd be furious if I was a Cats supporter.

As much as I like the Brisbane mens team.

I can't stand their womens team.

Selfish players (Though, they're alot better this year than last, I'll give them that)
Arrogant players.
Dirty players. - That stoppage right before Brisbane got their go ahead goal in the last. The Brisbane girl that got tackled went the stiff arm, got tackled, and then she elbowed the Geelong girl in the head twice.

And what was the go with that umpiring. Normally aflw umpires are overzealous calling everything under the sun. But in that final 10 minutes, they shut it up and it cost Geelong dearly. Clear holding the ball (Stiff arm attempt right before Brisbane's final goal), clear high (the elbows to the head in said tackle) Clear pushes missed (The contest on the far left flank with about 5 minutes left), clear incorrect disposals missed (just placing it in the teammates chest about 3min left), clear in the backs missed (Hodder's tackle with about 1min left), or um, kicking it away after the siren which should have given Geelong 50 and a shot on goal to win it?

Normally I dont get shitty at the umpiring in this league as it's technically there. But that there was just ignoring the rulebook.

Edit: Ignore my call for 50. It was actually a teammate kicking it back to the player with the free. But from my count, bad calls went 16-5 in Brisbane favour in that 4th quarter.

Last edited:
I've lost count how many times I've seen Davidson go off the ground screaming like she's been shot, only to end up back on again. I'm expected her to play next week.

Far out, the umpires just decided to take the last ten minutes off. So many free kicks that should have been paid but nothing. I'd be furious if I was a Cats supporter.
Yep the biggest flog and also the biggest hypochondriac in the league, so would not be surprised if she’s there with her floggish antics in the GF.

Remarkable that Brisbane have grinded their way into a GF off the back of turning games into ‘Nathan Burke-esq’ contested slogfests with extra numbers in defence and extra numbers at stoppages and relying on quick slingshot ball into a ‘Pagan paddock’ like emptied out forward line.

Yep the biggest flog and also the biggest hypochondriac in the league, so would not be surprised if she’s there with her floggish antics in the GF.
There was a goal where 1 Brisbane player goalled, most of the team went to her to celebrate as a team.

And there's Davidson on the side celebrating alone. All about her, not about her team.

Then when she got an easy set shot right in front, screams, taunts, and is making it about herself.

I thought it was just me.

Davidson seems to have a bit of the Dangerfields. She either has a lot of bad luck or a very low pain threshold.

Bit of an exodus happening at Melbourne, with Maddi Gay (Essendon), Eliza West (Hawthorn) and Casey Sherriff (Hawthorn) all having requested trades elsewhere, Libby Birch apparently considering her options, and depth player Charlotte Wilson likely going to the Gold Coast.

Until now Melbourne have always managed to keep their squad mostly together. Maybe that's finally changing?

Bit of an exodus happening at Melbourne, with Maddi Gay (Essendon), Eliza West (Hawthorn) and Casey Sherriff (Hawthorn) all having requested trades elsewhere, Libby Birch apparently considering her options, and depth player Charlotte Wilson likely going to the Gold Coast.

Until now Melbourne have always managed to keep their squad mostly together. Maybe that's finally changing?
These aren't older players either. Didn't watch too many Melbourne games, but West is good. Sherriff and Birch haven't been that great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back