No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I look forward to their social media team’s posts, including hilarious vision of Dunks cooking a high protein pasta carbonara meal but pouring in a little too much milk. It will have us in stitches.
The trick is to stare so vacantly at the camera that it forces you to complement the dish

As a team with an Italian captain and vice-captain, we as Dogs supporters can be offended that they’re using milk in their carbonara.

Spaghetti Carbonara

NOTE: THERE IS NO CREAM IN CARBONARA. ANYONE WHO ADDS CREAM DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY’RE DOING.

Ingredients​

220 g spaghetti or spaghettoni

40 g guanciale (pork jowl) thinly sliced

2 eggs

1 extra egg yolk

70 g parmesan cheese (or aged pecorino) freshly grated

Freshly ground black pepper

Method​

Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente.

Meanwhile, place the guanciale in a cold pan and heat, allowing the fat to render (become liquid). Fry until crisp but be careful not to let it brown too heavily.

Lightly beat the eggs and extra yolk in a large bowl with the grated cheese and pepper. When the pasta is ready, drain, reserving a little cooking water, and add to the pan with the guanciale and its fat.

Drip in a little cooking water (being careful not to add too much) so the mixture coats the pasta. Take off the heat. Allow to cool slightly. Then add the egg and cheese mixture. Stir to coat the pasta and serve immediately. Sprinkle with parmesan.

Spaghetti Carbonara

NOTE: THERE IS NO CREAM IN CARBONARA. ANYONE WHO ADDS CREAM DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY’RE DOING.

Ingredients​

2 eggs

1 extra egg yolk

Method​

Meanwhile, place the guanciale in a cold pan and heat, allowing the fat to render (become liquid). Fry until crisp but be careful not to let it brown too heavily.

Lightly beat the eggs and extra yolk in a large bowl with the grated cheese and pepper. When the pasta is ready, drain, reserving a little cooking water, and add to the pan with the guanciale and its fat.

Drip in a little cooking water (being careful not to add too much) so the mixture coats the pasta. Take off the heat. Allow to cool slightly. Then add the egg and cheese mixture. Stir to coat the pasta and serve immediately. Sprinkle with parmesan.

A person of taste and culture.

Spaghetti Carbonara

Ingredients​

2 eggs

1 extra egg yolk

Method​

1714101671746.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spaghetti Carbonara

Ingredients​

2 eggs

1 extra egg yolk

Method​

Coincidentally made this last night but had to substitute in double smoked bacon. Magic.

Oddly that’s one I could stomach.

I couldn’t handle Port because of Cornes. Collingwood, Sydney and Geelong would be too smug. Melbourne f*** no.

At least we don’t know anyone who barracks for them.
Exactly, their lack of support would essentially make it a bye year.

Spaghetti Carbonara

Ingredients​

2 eggs

1 extra egg yolk

Method​

Pecorino Romano is the way to go with 👍

Spaghetti Carbonara

Ingredients​

2 eggs

1 extra egg yolk

Method​

Could you point to the step in the recipe where I add my jar of Dolmio carbonara? I really want that authentic Italian taste. Thanks mate

So why does everyone say North are the pioneers if they did it 3 years later? #VICBIAS
For the same reason they say “ Sheedy invented ANZAC Day football. Because for the media today research is too hard and it’s easier and quicker just to parrot what another journo says.
Anzac Day games were played in the 60’s after a special act of parliament allowed it but that would take effort to research so Sheesy gets the credit and the AFL can own ANZAC Day.

Just a memory flash from the past.

As a very young kid can remember my dad taking me to watch night footy at the lakeside oval at Albert Park. This was around the late 60s, early 70s. So the concept of playing footy at night has been around for a long time. Yes it would've been the VFL night competition. Remember driving home happy as the dogs had won.
I have a similar memory ( not including your dad obviously) but my parallel memory is the games were played between clubs that didn’t make the finals. Anyone able to confirm this ? ( entirely possible I am remembering it completely wrong)

I have a similar memory ( not including your dad obviously) but my parallel memory is the games were played between clubs that didn’t make the finals. Anyone able to confirm this ? ( entirely possible I am remembering it completely wrong)
Correct. I think it was played mid-week.

Not one you want to be remembered for. For the fans it was a consolation opportunity at the end of another unsuccessful H&A season. I don't know how invested the players were. They may have just wanted to head off and get shitfaced on their end-of-season trip to Mornington Peninsula or Echuca or whatever we could afford.

Sadly it's one comp we did well in.

Correct. I think it was played mid-week.

Not one you want to be remembered for. For the fans it was a consolation opportunity at the end of another unsuccessful H&A season. I don't know how invested the players were. They may have just wanted to head off and get shitfaced on their end-of-season trip to Mornington Peninsula or Echuca or whatever we could afford.

Sadly it's one comp we did well in.

Four flags 😁

I remember us beating South Melb in the first round in 1971 and as we were driving home The Dawn Song by Billy Thorpe & The Aztecs was playing on the AWA radio.
Now what did I have for dinner last night !!

Unfortunately we got knocked out next round.

Four flags 😁

I remember us beating South Melb in the first round in 1971 and as we were driving home The Dawn Song by Billy Thorpe & The Aztecs was playing on the AWA radio.
Now what did I have for dinner last night !!

Unfortunately we got knocked out next round.
In 1973 Footscray and Hawthorn played an end of season game (Sun 23 Sept) at Manuka Oval. It was the Sunday before the VFL Grand final. We won by a point. I think the winner received $1,000. I remember sitting on the concrete steps at the Manuka pool end, being completely awestruck that my team had come to my town. The record which I still have, claimed both teams as "glamour teams". We had some pretty handy players on the team and the Hawks listed Matthews, Scott, Moncreiff and Crimmins. I can't remember who actually played.

Attachments

• FootscrayVHawthorn1973.jpeg
    FootscrayVHawthorn1973.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

Spaghetti Carbonara

Ingredients​

2 eggs

1 extra egg yolk

Method​

Excellent. Got a good Spaghetti boscaiola recipe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back