No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Greene’s the only one left. Most of their younger players like Green, Callaghan, Ash etc don’t seem like flogs
I don't like Whitfield either, but besides those 2 they've lost that core group of players with overinflated egos and arrogance (more than a usual group of AFL players) built off AFL concessions and freebies, which to me was always the issue with that club.

The fan experience on this website is a lot more tolerable too since that loon Bonkynon left.

Last edited:
Brisbane not giving a yelp. Playing behind, skill errors, second to the ball, unable to counter the Giants running game. Meanwhile GWS are seriously good although it’s hard to know how they’d go against a side up for the fight. Definitely not a case of no Toby, no Giants anyway. Flag favourites in my book.

Brisbane not giving a yelp. Playing behind, skill errors, second to the ball, unable to counter the Giants running game. Meanwhile GWS are seriously good although it’s hard to know how they’d go against a side up for the fight. Definitely not a case of no Toby, no Giants anyway. Flag favourites in my book.
I think they are in the mix, but they did lose to Carlton last week. Long way to go, but they look very good when they get their game going.

Brisbane look like they are going to have one of those down years that teams sometimes have. Might have missed their best opportunity for a flag in the last few years. A few getting older.

I think they are in the mix, but they did lose to Carlton last week. Long way to go, but they look very good when they get their game going.

Brisbane look like they are going to have one of those down years that teams sometimes have. Might have missed their best opportunity for a flag in the last few years. A few getting older.
Brisbane's last 5 ladder positions after the home and away season have been 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 6th and 2nd. That's a bloody good run (albeit without ultimate success) and no surprise they'd eventually have a down period after such a sustained period, particularly following a Grand Final loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dal Santo saying post match that Finn Callaghan has the making of having the same level of impact that Bontempelli does at the Bulldogs. Looks like a good prospect, but come on now Nick.
It would be difficult for Nick to get past the fact that after playing over 300 games, playing in grand finals and being a repeat All Australian, he’s still not the best footballer in his family.

He’d probably compare Robbie McComb to Bont to soothe the pain.

My preferred option currently, mainly because I can't see another team in the 8 who I want to win more.

Screw the cats, swans, dees, bombers, blues (maybe power).

And pies have their flag.

It would be difficult for Nick to get past the fact that after playing over 300 games, playing in grand finals and being a repeat All Australian, he’s still not the best footballer in his family.

He’d probably compare Robbie McComb to Bont to soothe the pain.

He's talking Callaghan up, rather than Bont down

How’s the culture up there Dunks?
So, here we go.

I'm led to believe that there's trouble at that club. Player in-fighting due to the o/s trip issues off season, not playing for each other, management struggling to hold it together, coach seems to lack Plan B...wouldn't be surprised if a bloke like Dunkley wanted out, to be honest 😉

So, here we go.

I'm led to believe that there's trouble at that club. Player in-fighting due to the o/s trip issues off season, not playing for each other, management struggling to hold it together, coach seems to lack Plan B...wouldn't be surprised if a bloke like Dunkley wanted out, to be honest 🙄
Wait a minute, are you talking about the Bulldogs or the Lions? The disease is spreading! I wonder what the common factor is... :think:

Brisbane's last 5 ladder positions after the home and away season have been 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 6th and 2nd. That's a bloody good run (albeit without ultimate success) and no surprise they'd eventually have a down period after such a sustained period, particularly following a Grand Final loss.

Who needs premierships when you have 5 top 4 finishes on the trot.

Some Dogs supporters would be frothing over that.

So, here we go.

I'm led to believe that there's trouble at that club. Player in-fighting due to the o/s trip issues off season, not playing for each other, management struggling to hold it together, coach seems to lack Plan B...wouldn't be surprised if a bloke like Dunkley wanted out, to be honest 😉
The only solution is for Dunks to announce he is going to Tassie as its inaugural coach, captain, list manager and chairman of selectors.

He can then handpick 45 players who do not drink, gamble, philander, do drugs or have fun.

I look forward to their social media team’s posts, including hilarious vision of Dunks cooking a high protein pasta carbonara meal but pouring in a little too much milk. It will have us in stitches.

Has anyone seriously rated Brisbanes home and away record. Good team no doubt, but the different between their record at the Gabba and the record away is jarring. Isn’t surprising the only year they made a grand final was the year they had both their previous finals at home.

Even then, the real deal teams would always beat them up there anyway. Richmond 2019, GWS 2019, Geelong 2020, Us 2021. All of those teams made the grand final that year.

The only solution is for Dunks to announce he is going to Tassie as its inaugural coach, captain, list manager and chairman of selectors.

He can then handpick 45 players who do not drink, gamble, philander, do drugs or have fun.

I look forward to their social media team’s posts, including hilarious vision of Dunks cooking a high protein pasta carbonara meal but pouring in a little too much milk. It will have us in stitches.

As a team with an Italian captain and vice-captain, we as Dogs supporters can be offended that they’re using milk in their carbonara.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back