Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

We were just admiring, not asking for a date!
Oh yours is so cute! Now I have to show and tell lol

I had my boy Cooper, who died in November 2022 from bladder cancer - he was the most amazing dog. Brown one. I couldn't believe how smart he was! I miss him so much. I couldn't get another Border Collie after him. I have a kelpie girl now.

IMG_0188.jpg

Oh yours is so cute! Now I have to show and tell lol

I had my boy Cooper, who died in November 2022 from bladder cancer - he was the most amazing dog. Brown one. I couldn't believe how smart he was! I miss him so much. I couldn't get another Border Collie after him. I have a kelpie girl now.

View attachment 1967109
Gorgeous hound.

Do we need a dogs thread?

Jason who?

We seriously pantsed the media’s three marquee mids of the moment in JHF, Butters and Rozzee.

Having said that there are moments I see JHF move and I think I’m seeing Bux. Pains me to say it.
JHF was very good in a team that got flogged.

Jason who?

We seriously pantsed the media’s three marquee mids of the moment in JHF, Butters and Rozzee.

Having said that there are moments I see JHF move and I think I’m seeing Bux. Pains me to say it.

JHF will end up as good as Dangerfield, whatever that is.

Nick is a level above that though. Just so clean and intelligent, on and off the field!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish I hadn't gone so early now. I already put money on Naicos for the Brownlow and Collingwood for the premiership at the end of September last year. Maybe I should have held off a bit, and then the wins (if they came off) would have been even sweeter.

View attachment 1967299

I did this multi yesterday when I noticed Nick has blown out. I wouldn’t be writing him off. Even if he’s not BOG he’ll get some 3 votes I reckon because he’s one the umps will pay attention to.

I wouldn't be writing him off either. He had like 4 best on grounds in a row last year.

WHat was pleasing to me was that Nick seemed a little 'off' in the first quarter but managed to work really hard to get involved and then, ultimately, control the game. His work rate, dedication and belief is outstanding.
Exploded in his second half. Felt like Daicos came over from Adelaide and subbed in for the Port Adelaide side.

Add in Ricciuto and it works, although I think Nick & Harley are a tier above Ashcroft & Sheezel
Errol, Rozee, Butters, and Walsh belong in the conversation.

There's a lot of quick skillful runners with dancing feet - Nick the pick of them obviously.

Reid and JHF stand out as the two powerhouse stars coming through.

Errol, Rozee, Butters, and Walsh belong in the conversation.

There's a lot of quick skillful runners with dancing feet - Nick the pick of them obviously.

Reid and JHF stand out as the two powerhouse stars coming through.
Ashcroft was the one that was looking almost the equal of nick, be interesting to see how he comes back. And dare I say it but Flanders is almost in the convo. I also think Heeney has been the standout mid this year so far

Ashcroft was the one that was looking almost the equal of nick, be interesting to see how he comes back. And dare I say it but Flanders is almost in the convo. I also think Heeney has been the standout mid this year so far
Yeah Heeney is unreal.

Those explosive mids usually take a bit longer - I wouldn't be sleeping on Rayner. It's what makes Reid so extraordinary - that good playing in that style in year 1 - heck off.

Yeah Heeney is unreal.

Those explosive mids usually take a bit longer - I wouldn't be sleeping on Rayner. It's what makes Reid so extraordinary - that good playing in that style in year 1 - * off.
His physicality being a point of difference at this age is hecking insane. His power is hard to believe.

Nick's point of difference for me is his vision. He's super quick and agile, and routinely gets leather poisoning, but I think his vision in traffic is what separates him from the other similar guys (Gulden, Rozzee, Ashcroft, & Walsh). I am constantly dumbfounded by the options he finds and then executes. I think he's a bit of a victim of his own success - those mindbogglingly fast reads are now the norm

His physicality being a point of difference at this age is *ing insane. His power is hard to believe.

Nick's point of difference for me is his vision. He's super quick and agile, and routinely gets leather poisoning, but I think his vision in traffic is what separates him from the other similar guys (Gulden, Rozzee, Ashcroft, & Walsh). I am constantly dumbfounded by the options he finds and then executes. I think he's a bit of a victim of his own success - those mindbogglingly fast reads are now the norm
Yeah, we've started taking his genius for granted, and think he's out of form if he's merely very good.
Two examples of his sheer class that spring to mind are the passage of play that led to Jordy's goal in the GF, and him finding his brother against GC, where Josh didn't even have to break stride to gather and goal.

His physicality being a point of difference at this age is *ing insane. His power is hard to believe.

Yeah I agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back