Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah sorry, I read it as sarcasm for pointing out negative in such a good young player.

People are often very protective of him when you mention areas to improve for Nick forgetting that he is in year 3 and can/will improve.
That's OK, you are correct. If he wants to be the #1 midfielder in the game, he needs to hit the scoreboard a bit more consistently.

He was a good boy with IQ today and waited for the green man to cross olympic blvd today. Most of the other boys just cross without the lights further up. Safety first! lol

I happened to be on the other side of the road heading to the club when they were heading to the G.

Last edited:
His second half was electric. Nick is a lot quicker than I believed he was. He can run all day and with real pace. Watching him set up play with quick fire give and go handpasses which lead to a goal down the other end of the ground is a real thrill. He is elite.

Last edited:
He was a good boy with IQ today and waited for the green man to cross swan street today. Most of the other boys just cross without the lights further up. Safety first! lol

I happened to be on the other side of the road heading to the club when they were heading to the G.
That’s a leader!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
They had a similar discussion on the Sunday Footy Show. Asked if Reids first year was better then Judds yet seemed to forget about Nick.
It's such a rewriting of history too. Judd was very good in a pretty average WC team in his first season, but to me his leap in his second season is what people seem to remember as his first one. Nick had much more impact in a much better team in his first season than Judd.

Naicos is a god.
30 disposals.
15 Contested possessions (game high)
14 Score involvements (game high)
8 clearances (game high)
4 Center clearances (game high)
757 meters gained (game high)
4 intercept possessions
Jason who?

We seriously pantsed the media’s three marquee mids of the moment in JHF, Butters and Rozzee.

Having said that there are moments I see JHF move and I think I’m seeing Bux. Pains me to say it.

WHat was pleasing to me was that Nick seemed a little 'off' in the first quarter but managed to work really hard to get involved and then, ultimately, control the game. His work rate, dedication and belief is outstanding.

This. And then he seemed to pop up everywhere, involving himself in plays and impacting the game. It was a wow performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back