NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Duckworth is a 3 as played a season previously with PH

Keys 4 - Senior plus 1 for playing against previous club.

Callaway is a 4… senior player + 1 point from a premier league (D1 NFNL)
Callaway played reserves so doesn’t get an extra point

Probably, but they were an issue for Heidelberg as well.

Depends who’s in their best 22. If their bottom 6 players last season were 3 pointers then it’s not too bad. If replacing 1 pointers then it’ll add quickly.

Looking like it’s definitely an issue for them, points over 40 this season. Not sure how they will fit them all in at this stage.

Looking like it’s definitely an issue for them, points over 40 this season. Not sure how they will fit them all in at this stage.
40 points turns into approx 30 points after reductions.

16 points to play with… you can bring in 8 three point players if your replacing 1 pointers for example.

Might be a few tough selections but that’s what you gotta do.

Another player from Epping announced has having signed at Old Eltham. Rumours of Epping considering a request to drop down to Div3 may have some validity

Another player from Epping announced has having signed at Old Eltham. Rumours of Epping considering a request to drop down to Div3 may have some validity
Who would want to come up to replace them? I imagine the top teams would want the silverware first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would want to come up to replace them? I imagine the top teams would want the silverware first.
It's a tough one, league might just have to accept 2 divisions with odd number of teams. Old Eltham and Laurimar would definitely both want to go to Div2 via the premiership route

It's a tough one, league might just have to accept 2 divisions with odd number of teams. Old Eltham and Laurimar would definitely both want to go to Div2 via the premiership route
9 teams work for division 2
16 games plus 2 byes, means draw is not compromised
Division 3 becomes 10 teams and they play 18 games season, home and away like first division

9 teams work for division 2
16 games plus 2 byes, means draw is not compromised
Division 3 becomes 10 teams and they play 18 games season, home and away like first division
9 teams work for div 3 as well.
I'd say you'd rather div 2 be the same format as div 1.

TheLeftFooters if Epping drop back to division 3, they have 10 team
Fitzroy Stars
Laurimar
Old Eltham
Kilmore
Heid West
Mernda
Reservoir
Lalor
Kinglake
Epping
Thank you for counting the teams for me thunder. My point is I'd imagine the league would rather have 10 teams in div 2 than div 3. Better prepare the winner of div 2 for div 1 with the same format.
Old Eltham or Laurimar are the best prepared to go up but wouldn't want to without the silverware.

Thank you for counting the teams for me thunder. My point is I'd imagine the league would rather have 10 teams in div 2 than div 3. Better prepare the winner of div 2 for div 1 with the same format.
Old Eltham or Laurimar are the best prepared to go up but wouldn't want to without the silverware.
Old Eltham? Hahahahah

Laurimar out in front of Kilmore and then daylight for the rest.

none of those teams coming up would be competitive anyway..

would be pointless swapping a team for epping

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back