Teams New York Giants - The G-Men

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be suited by Wink's defensive setup. I'm sure there was responsibility from Simmons himself, but he looked to be crucified at Arizona, they way he was used. Might take a while to get his confidence back up, but a good low-risk pickup from the front office.

With Jones torn ACL confirmed, it'll be fascinating to see what the franchise chooses to do. They went all in on Jones and it's backfired terribly so far.

After last season I'll admit I'd hoped he'd turned the corner and could be functional in the role. Not so far this year!

I quite liked TT but his injury could be longer as well.

Hoping one day the Giants can be relevant again... But don't see the pathway there just yet.

With Jones torn ACL confirmed, it'll be fascinating to see what the franchise chooses to do. They went all in on Jones and it's backfired terribly so far.

After last season I'll admit I'd hoped he'd turned the corner and could be functional in the role. Not so far this year!

I quite liked TT but his injury could be longer as well.

Hoping one day the Giants can be relevant again... But don't see the pathway there just yet.
I've never maintained he was a to tier QB, but I still think it's impossible to tell his worth when they put him behind a sub-standard OL. Impossible to show any confidence to step up in the pocket when the pressure is coming through most snaps. Taylor form was made to look better IMO as he had Barkley whereas Jones didn't in those first few rounds.

Mind you, if we do get a pick in the first 5, then it would be irresponsible not to target a QB. That said, I don't really keep on top of how the salary cap works.

I've never maintained he was a to tier QB, but I still think it's impossible to tell his worth when they put him behind a sub-standard OL. Impossible to show any confidence to step up in the pocket when the pressure is coming through most snaps. Taylor form was made to look better IMO as he had Barkley whereas Jones didn't in those first few rounds.

Mind you, if we do get a pick in the first 5, then it would be irresponsible not to target a QB. That said, I don't really keep on top of how the salary cap works.

Top tier wideout like Harrison jr would be a nice pick up in draft if they don’t go qb cos jones really hasn’t had a quality WR to throw to.

Top tier wideout like Harrison jr would be a nice pick up in draft if they don’t go qb cos jones really hasn’t had a quality WR to throw to.
I whole heartedly agree Jones has been terribly unfortunate with who he's had to play with. However...its SUCH a big risk to stick with him if we do get a high pick.

I read somewhere about the merits of drafting a QB and having them on a rookie contract next year while we absorb the year with Jones. They start the season so we see what we have to work with. Could be an interesting strategy?

I whole heartedly agree Jones has been terribly unfortunate with who he's had to play with. However...its SUCH a big risk to stick with him if we do get a high pick.

I read somewhere about the merits of drafting a QB and having them on a rookie contract next year while we absorb the year with Jones. They start the season so we see what we have to work with. Could be an interesting strategy?
I think they'd very much have that in mind. With a 10-11 months rehab, Jones would be back on the park you'd think around the start of the season. Would give the chance to see what he might be able to do and how we might be able to compete with a rookie QB.

I think I'd agree with that way of thinking. From this point on, the tank is on.

Soooo.....Caleb Williams?
Yep, thanks Cards. Come on Bears.

Mind you, this year looks like it's going to be flush with decent QB's. Willams & Maye, but McCarthy out of Michigan and Daniels at LSU are having great seasons and will be up around the top 10. Throw in Penix and Nix into the first round mix too. There's been a bit of negative chatter on Williams of late, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Surely not, have to draft a QB

Assuming they're finishing bottom 2, drafting a QB is a no-brainer. If Jones comes back a different player and blitzes it (obs unlikely) then other teams will be interested in a trade for a young QB. A guy like Harrison is a waste when there's no O-line to protect Jones or his usurper.

But they're not going to come out and publicly say that they're done with Jones. So the media runs with this...

The other scenario would be trading down.

Not sure if flushed at qbs is right word for this coming draft class. If I am giants I am only looking at Maye or Williams at top of draft the others for me have huge question marks they scream Kenny Pickett or mac jones level talent.

Pennix is the intriguing one for me his got the talent but his got major injury concern thou already had 2 acl surgeries and shoulder issues with all that couldn’t possibly pick him in first round.

If picking after two top qbs are gone i would look at Harrison jr (best wr prospect since Calvin Johnson) or either top 2 OT in alt or fashuna

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're top 2 then a QB is a absolutely no brainer.

After everything we've seen there is no way Daboll & Schoen can keep hitching their wagon to Jones. Take the rookie and then we can either ditch Jones after his next season as pretty sure there is a out of that contract after the second year or we get another team to trade for him. There will always be a market for a QB, you've seen this year what has happened with players like Dobbs being moved around.

Alright, 3 in a row and we're officially midfield. We're probably getting some pretty important answers through this stretch so that helps!

What do we do with Jones?
Tell him to GAGF.

If we weren't getting top 2, I'm preferring the Ws and Daboll getting his opportunity to tell DJ the same.

Only draft a QB if one drops is the mentality I suppose. Somethings change, some don’t.

The frustrating thing is the last time we really went for broke in the draft/trading, we at least got a QB who won a few Super bowls

Only draft a QB if one drops is the mentality I suppose. Somethings change, some don’t.

The frustrating thing is the last time we really went for broke in the draft/trading, we at least got a QB who won a few Super bowls

Stats show I think that at least in the last decade it's not worth the risk overall.

I'd take Daniels out of LSU if he were available at #6. Sure he's a little skinny but he would suit our offense. Otherwise I'd take the best WR available, probably Nabers or Odunze. I've changed my opinion on the QB class in this draft. I'd be happier if Daniels wasn't there to grab someone like Ewers, Ward or Pratt later on.

Stats show I think that at least in the last decade it's not worth the risk overall.

I'd take Daniels out of LSU if he were available at #6. Sure he's a little skinny but he would suit our offense. Otherwise I'd take the best WR available, probably Nabers or Odunze. I've changed my opinion on the QB class in this draft. I'd be happier if Daniels wasn't there to grab someone like Ewers, Ward or Pratt later on.
Eh, I think a few teams have overpaid for QBs recently, sure, but Jones ain’t it.

Not that I think one will drop, but I would be disappointed if the Giants didn’t try and jump up if they had the opportunity to if Daniel’s was at 5 or so or wherever. I just know the Giants won’t.

And they shouldn’t have to pay Lance prices to do so.

Eh, I think a few teams have overpaid for QBs recently, sure, but Jones ain’t it.

Not that I think one will drop, but I would be disappointed if the Giants didn’t try and jump up if they had the opportunity to if Daniel’s was at 5 or so or wherever. I just know the Giants won’t.

And they shouldn’t have to pay Lance prices to do so.
Depends what Chicago do with Fields. Even then, a team could trade up with them. I can see QB's going top 3 in either case. Sounds like Arizona will still with Murray and the Chargers have Herbert. Either could be a chance to move up as they'd know if we're moving up it's for a QB. But obviously that's dependent on there still being a QB on the board we like.

I still think Jones behind a decent OL looks a lot better, but he's no Eli. I like to think we can someone to help during FA cause if we bring in another QB they're still going to get killed. The version of Jones we get back after this last season is the unknown. I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as made out, but there is a possibility we broke him by not protecting him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back