Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I think Bill is done. I can't see him overseeing a rebuild. He will get a gig elsewhere though, maybe the Chargers.

It's a shame what happened to Mac he looked promising in his first season and now he is being outplayed by Bailey Zappe.

I don't think Zappe is the long term answer either.

We have pick 2, so best use it on a well rated QB like Drake Maye - North Carolina.

My greatest fear is the BB is still calling the shots with our drafting .

With early picks his track record has been appalling .

Kraft needs make the hard call here an appoint a competent GM, he would do well to entice Adam Peters back to New England.
That however could be a tough ask luring him back as he has already turned down invitations to interview with the Titans and Cardinals.
Peters looks to be content under Lynches tutelage.

He would be a great get, looking at his background he has been associated with some winning Franchises over the last 20 years.

5 years with The 49ers.
8 years with The Broncos.
6 years with The Patriots.

He IMO would be a good hire.

Kraft lost Caserio to Houston because he wound't appoint him as GM, to not upset BB.
Caserio has now gone and is doing a great job with trade and drafting at Houston, as they rebuild and set their sights on becoming a genuine contender.

BB has been great and has bought unbelievable success in the past, as he Coached and GM'ed his way to not one, but two dynasties.

Thats unfortunately now, is in the past and he has become in many ways, yesterdays man.

Robert Kraft the league is looking at you, on centre stage, to see just how you manage the Patriots going forward.

Well that's the season done.

Big offseason coming up.

Bill out and who knows who in.

Under no circumstances can he be still taking those picks come draft night.

100% agree.

I am ok if he stays on as Coach BUT we need a GM and Kraft needs to stand firm on that, also the GM has full responsibility of list management and drafting and free agency.

If BB cant live with a GM being appointed then its time to part company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was quick.

Thought more time needed to go into who would be the next head coach unless they had him lined up for the last weeks of the season.

Surprised we didn’t get vrabel seemed like the best one for the job.

That was quick.

Thought more time needed to go into who would be the next head coach unless they had him lined up for the last weeks of the season.

Surprised we didn’t get vrabel seemed like the best one for the job.

Too quick for my liking. Should be an intensive search for best candidate not hire from with in after 2 days. And how in the hell is a defensive coach going to fix the patriots horrible offense doesn't make much sense to me.

Too quick for my liking. Should be an intensive search for best candidate not hire from with in after 2 days. And how in the hell is a defensive coach going to fix the patriots horrible offense doesn't make much sense to me.
I agree only thing I could think of is if they are looking at him as a rebuilding coach more than anything but still you're right it doesn't do our offence any favours.

Not overly confident with this appointment, liked Mayo as a player and he by all accounts is well respected in the locker room.
BUT - I do have serious concerns as to who he puts in place around him as his assistants, it's not like he has contacts from working elsewhere.

Like has been stated by those above, how does this help our offensive line as thats where we have been deplorable, thats still a massive concern.
Our D was ravaged by injury last year but all things considered they have done a decent job the last few seasons, where we have totally botched it, week after week, is not putting enough points on the board.

I had come into this season with high hopes that BO'B would have fixed the O woes and sorted Mac Jones out, but that didn't transpire.

The harsh reality is that while we finished with a 4 and 13 season, we lost half a dozen games by less than a converted touchdown, we need to fix the O and do it fast, otherwise it will be more of the same next year.

For me the big and really important question is who they appoint as GM.

I will be pissed if they end up going the easy choice ( obviously they need to go through the full interview process to comply with the Rooney Rule ), but the appointing of either Wolf or Groh, would seem like taking the easy way out.

Obviously Adam Peters :whitecheck: is going to be highly sought after, but he would be my preferred choice.

On the speed of the appointment, I am not that concerned as has been already posted by others above, as you would think that the Krafts would have been plotting this for some time now and a lot of thought had already gone into the decision to appoint Mayo.

One thing that was apparent in the pressers yesterday that I liked, was that you could see just how pissed off Robert Kraft was at the plight of the team and its unacceptable performance the last three seasons.

Lot of work needed to be done to right the listing ship.

For the record I think BB can still coach well and if he goes somewhere that only require him to coach and has a good GM, I cant see why he wont still be successful as a coach going forward.

Our drafting under BB the last half dozen years has been absolutely *ing awful and IMO thats why we find ourselves at the bottom of the division.

Our pass protection and our weapons for the QB are substandard and it wouldn't matter who we have as our QB at the moment, as they will struggle with the O game plan with the players we have.

I cant see much with the Mayo appointment that either excites me, or fills me with any confidence, as it feels like a treading water move, I would have much preferred Vrabel if we were going in house.

Massive challenge for Mayo going forward, so just how does a HC with a defensive background "FIX" a team thats woes are in the main on the other side of the ball, which isn't in his area speciality.

Also I would have preferred that we had fully canvas all prospective candidates, in an open search.

Last edited:
Not overly confident with this appointment, liked Mayo as a player and he by all accounts is well respected in the locker room.
BUT - I do have serious concerns as to who he puts in place around him as his assistants, it's not like he has contacts from working elsewhere.

Like has been stated by those above, how does this help our offensive line as thats where we have been deplorable, thats still a massive concern.
Our D was ravaged by injury last year but all things considered they have done a decent job the last few seasons, where we have totally botched it, week after week, is not putting enough points on the board.

I had come into this season with high hopes that BO'B would have fixed the O woes and sorted Mac Jones out, but that didn't transpire.

The harsh reality is that while we finished with a 4 and 13 season, we lost half a dozen games by less than a converted touchdown, we need to fix the O and do it fast, otherwise it will be more of the same next year.

For me the big and really important question is who they appoint as GM.

I will be pissed if they end up going the easy choice ( obviously they need to go through the full interview process to comply with the Rooney Rule ), but the appointing of either Wolf or Groh, would seem like taking the easy way out.

Obviously Adam Peters :whitecheck: is going to be highly sought after, but he would be my preferred choice.

On the speed of the appointment, I am not that concerned as has been already posted by others above, as you would think that the Krafts would have been plotting this for some time now and a lot of thought had already gone into the decision to appoint Mayo.

One thing that was apparent in the pressers yesterday that I liked, was that you could see just how pissed off Robert Kraft was at the plight of the team and its unacceptable performance the last three seasons.

Lot of work needed to be done to right the listing ship.

For the record I think BB can still coach well and if he goes somewhere that only require him to coach and has a good GM, I cant see why he wont still be successful as a coach going forward.

Our drafting under BB the last half dozen years has been absolutely *ing awful and IMO thats why we find ourselves at the bottom of the division.

Our pass protection and our weapons for the QB are substandard and it wouldn't matter who we have as our QB at the moment, as they will struggle with the O game plan with the players we have.

I cant see much with the Mayo appointment that either excites me, or fills me with any confidence, as it feels like a treading water move, I would have much preferred Vrabel if we were going in house.

Massive challenge for Mayo going forward, so just how does a HC with a defensive background "FIX" a team thats woes are in the main on the other side of the ball, which isn't in his area speciality.

Also I would have preferred that we had fully canvas all prospective candidates, in an open search.
Mayo's job isn't to fix the roster, that's the scouts and GM. If much of the back office structure remains and the team starts hitting more regularly, we'll know it was BB who shat the drafting bed.

I'm in the wait and see camp on this. When healthy, our defence is elite. The O needs a lot of work. We need playmakers and a reconfigured OL. QB goes without saying.

I think my biggest issue with Mayo is his whole career in nfl has been spent with Patriots 8 years as a player and then 5 years as linebackers coach. That wouldn't give him a lot of contacts in the league so his coaching hires are going have to be in house or ex patriots coaches/players and we seen how that has gone for bill in the last 3 years horribly.
Then as linebacker coach how much contact did he have with other defensive positions and the offense players ?

I think my biggest issue with Mayo is his whole career in nfl has been spent with Patriots 8 years as a player and then 5 years as linebackers coach. That wouldn't give him a lot of contacts in the league so his coaching hires are going have to be in house or ex patriots coaches/players and we seen how that has gone for bill in the last 3 years horribly.
Then as linebacker coach how much contact did he have with other defensive positions and the offense players ?
All true! But the other side of this is because he has limited network at other teams he has to look at things with fresh eyes.
So hopefully an in-depth process and review will be done of all possible candidates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back