Mod. Notice Negativity Towards the Club and Personal Attacks

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi legends,

We want to clarify our position about the negativity that has inundated this board and the personal attacks that seem to follow as a result. The mods are posters too and we have found that this has affected our own enjoyment of our online community.

It's perfectly reasonable to criticise the club, heaven knows they've done their best to give us reasons. :) Salary cap, selection, recruiting, game plan... the list goes on. As passionate supporters we want to discuss our views which may not always be favourable.

Having said that, there are posters that will take pot-shots at the club no matter what the topic of discussion is. They disappear after a win only to show up with the same bile after a loss. They never balance that with any praise for a player or any enjoyment from seeing Collingwood do well.

That type of poster will face a different experience on this board from now on. This serves as fair notice.

We need to tackle this as a community, so it's perfectly valid for others to call this behaviour out without insulting or attacking the poster in question. This brings us to the second part of this post.

Buying into tiffs between other posters by saying "What would you expect poster X is a flog", is not on; it isn't helpful at all and just leads to further conflict.

This forum has been a part of my life since 2010 (I lurked for a year) and it has been an amazing resource. It's up to us to set the tone and the standard.

Cheers,
J for and on behalf of the mod. team

Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5

Last edited:
Hi legends,

We want to clarify our position about the negativity that has inundated this board and the personal attacks that seem to follow as a result. The mods are posters too and we have found that this has affected our own enjoyment of our online community.

It's perfectly reasonable to criticise the club, heaven knows they've done their best to give us reasons. :) Salary cap, selection, recruiting, game plan... the list goes on. As passionate supporters we want to discuss our views which may not always be favourable.

Having said that, there are posters that will take pot-shots at the club no matter what the topic of discussion is. They disappear after a win only to show up with the same bile after a loss. They never balance that with any praise for a player or any enjoyment from seeing Collingwood do well.

That type of poster will face a different experience on this board from now on. This serves as fair notice.

We need to tackle this as a community, so it's perfectly valid for others to call this behaviour out without insulting or attacking the poster in question. This brings us to the second part of this post.

Buying into tiffs between other posters by saying "What would you expect poster X is a flog", is not on; it isn't helpful at all and just leads to further conflict.

This forum has been a part of my life since 2010 (I lurked for a year) and it has been an amazing resource. It's up to us to set the tone and the standard.

Cheers,

When will this be applied, don’t ever see anybody banned. The personal attacks are rife.

Hi legends,

Cheers,

IF that Bad they should be Suspended as Best Case Scenario

Though what wrong be Negative as long as no Personal Attacks. That where the Mute Button comes Good

This is BS.
I recently answered a thread.
A pile on followed by an echo chamber of morons as I it was insinuated that I was an in-educated lunatic and escalated as they became triggered by the concept that their world of fantasy and lies could be questioned and threatened . The thread was shut down only when another member followed my line of query (he too being ridiculed, being referred to as a tin-foil hat wearer).
…if Collingwood supporters don’t wish to be ridiculed by other supporters as being toothless, brain-dead in-breds; then they should stop acting like it.

Pin on movies/series

i'd just like to say that many of us have progressed from tin to the more modern aluminium for our hats and that our remaining teeth are in pristine condition.

This is BS.
A pile on followed by an echo chamber of morons as I it was insinuated that I was an in-educated lunatic and escalated as they became triggered by the concept that their world of fantasy and lies could be questioned and threatened . The thread was shut down only when another member followed my line of query (he too being ridiculed, being referred to as a tin-foil hat wearer).
…if Collingwood supporters don’t wish to be ridiculed by other supporters as being toothless, brain-dead in-breds; then they should stop acting like it.
“Echo chamber of morons”

“Brain dead in-breds”

Do you even think before you type?

No one insulted you personally just pointed out how wrong you are. You put your crap out there and it was shot down.

You need to grow a pair and put your big boy pants on.

“Echo chamber of morons”

“Brain dead in-breds”

Do you even think before you type?

No one insulted you personally just pointed out how wrong you are. You put your crap out there and it was shot down.

You need to grow a pair and put your big boy pants on.
It only got closed down when another joined in on the banter against the closed minded group-think.
…. We couldn’t have risked any dissent? Right?
Lol. I could’ve kept on going forever against you bunch of close-minded mouth breathers.

It only got closed down when another joined in on the banter against the closed minded group-think.
…. We couldn’t have risked any dissent? Right?
Lol. I could’ve kept on going forever against you bunch of close-minded mouth breathers.
I think we were all content for thread to keep going as it was pretty amusing watching you and the other cookers drowning in your own stupidity.

You haven’t called us sheeples yet which is very disappointing.

I think we were all content for thread to keep going as it was pretty amusing watching you and the other cookers drowning in your own stupidity.

You haven’t called us sheeples yet which is very disappointing.
Stating the obvious is the bleeding obvious.
It wasn’t needed.
You know you are a sheeple. Own it.

This is BS.

*uneducated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the comments directed to each other is exactly why this thread exists.

No winner here.
Are you sure about that Maggie?

I’m pretty sure I’m the winner but I’ll just stay classy and modest about it.

The other thread got shut down because it broke some BigFooty rules (see ‘terms and rules’):

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which:

• is dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc
  • misinformation or disinformation

Seems pretty clear to me.

The other thread got shut down because it broke some BigFooty rules (see ‘terms and rules’):

wow...no disinformation....that really limits the scope of posts eh. Thats why so many threads provide an amazing resource....

I didn’t suggest doing illicit drugs. I didn’t realise vitamins were dangerous to your health?
Nor did I say you should not vax. Rather, it should be a matter of choice. Mandates are over, right?
Who defines misinformation or disinformation? A pack of Orwellian goons? Forums like Bigfooty are stronger with different opinions. Disagree? … then scroll along.
If everybody thinks the same, it becomes a forum of boring back-slappers.

I didn’t suggest doing illicit drugs. I didn’t realise vitamins were dangerous to your health?
Nor did I say you should not vax. Rather, it should be a matter of choice. Mandates are over, right?
Who defines misinformation or disinformation? A pack of Orwellian goons? Forums like Bigfooty are stronger with different opinions. Disagree? … then scroll along.

Speak to Chief. These are the rules of the forum.

Not sure what your are arguing here. The rules are quite clear as Vicky Park posted.

You agreed to them upon signing. I know I checked the rules to see what can and cannot be posted and am happy to comply.

I used to be personally attacked but people dont seem to bother anymore. Can I complain somewhere about this?

Your posting has mellowed - like your dosage now works or you are listening to your Buddhism tapes

Once, you would launch simultaneous offensive threads that would confuse the board with its layers of irony

Perhaps you are recuperating after your Buckley-Malthouse opera

Your posting has mellowed - like your dosage now works or you are listening to your Buddhism tapes

Once, you would launch simultaneous offensive threads that would confuse the board with its layers of irony

Perhaps you are recuperating after your Buckley-Malthouse opera

Yes, Walter, I should have realised that it was going to be me. It's always me.

I can say that I started out on BF like a deer in the headlights and morphed into various forms over the years. I find myself losing interest in my current mellowed shape and next week might be the spark to enter new territory.

Its interesting to reflect on the malthouse buckley years. I'm still perplexed as to how malthouse could have fostered such loyalty....although for the fans a premiership trumps everything. Buckley's greek tragedy is worthy of hollywood.

For now, I only have short term aims.....get to next week's game day thread and blame everyone and anyone if i dont get what i want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back