Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to put my hand up as spectacularly wrong on this one. Was never going to justify the draft pick but i thought he'd develop into a decent/serviceable AFL player as a high half forward type. He's got consistently worse the last two years (not alone there sadly) and reached new lows the past couple of games. Never going to happen, delist.

skittlebrew - after a few beers one night we talked about a bet on him making it, but never settled on value or how to measure what "making it" meant in that context. FWIW I was going for serviceable AFL player (i.e 18-22 list range, plays regularly and contributes). Anyway, no metric needed - conceded, and its not close. PM me and i'll get something to you to settle up.

Last edited:

Happy to put my hand up as spectacularly wrong on this one. Was never going to justify the draft pick but i thought he'd develop into a decent/serviceable AFL player as a high half forward type. He's got consistently worse the last two years (not alone there sadly) and reached new lows the past couple of games. Never going to happen, delist.

skittlebrew - after a few beers one night we talked about a bet on him making it, but never settled on value or how to measure what "making it" meant in that context. FWIW I was going for serviceable AFL player (i.e 18-22 list range, plays regularly and contributes). Anyway, no metric needed - conceded, and its not close. PM me and i'll get something to you to settle up.

The anti-Faith

👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough is enough with this spud.
I've read some negative stuff about Nank after last night's game but he's only played a handful of AFL games.
McSpudry has had enough chances, it's time for him to go.

Surely next week will be good for fishing...

We need to get games into players with a higher upside.

Seen enough to know his best use is as sub... but even then we can use others in that role too.

I’m genuinely starting to think that some coaches who were mostly role playing battlers in their playing days tend to over rate those guys in their coaching stints.

Nicks does it with Murphy and McHenry.
Bevo does it with players like Baker and McNeil.

Haha I very much appreciate the gesture but I'm sure as * not going to call in a bet that you never agreed to mate. I can't exactly recall our conversation because I have been talking smack about Ned for a long time now but Fwiw I would have meant best 22 player - which as you mentioned is difficult to determine especially since Murph made it to 100 games. Probably would've wagered a carton of beer on it but given my confidence and hatred for Ned's lack of footballing abilities god knows how high I would've gone.

I take no solace in being right. Ultimately we're on the same team but can't help but feel some basic foresight could have prevented this situation. I can't help but think there are too many at the club vested in Ned performing well to make the correct decision to delist him and move on. Coach needs wins now and can't afford inconsistent performances of new players and list management need him to turn good to validate their past decisions of what is clearly systemic failure on their end.

Ned is so bad that if he played like Cook last night i.e. a complete non-entity, I would be less annoyed.
Ned has played enough afl to know what is required... Cook has only played a handful of games .. id give him some leeway for now. Ned plays a half decent game once a year. Ive called for ned to be delisted the first time i saw him in a crows jumper... Yet the coaches keep playing him... Mackay was the boards punching bag for so long but Ned isnt even in the same league as mackay.

Ned has played enough afl to know what is required... Cook has only played a handful of games .. id give him some leeway for now. Ned plays a half decent game once a year. Ive called for ned to be delisted the first time i saw him in a crows jumper... Yet the coaches keep playing him... Mackay was the boards punching bag for so long but Ned isnt even in the same league as mackay.

Ned isn’t fit to tie Mackay’s boots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back