NBA Off-Season trades, signings and team discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So have Minny solve their Point Guard problem?

They better sign one pretty quick, PG is the most important possie, surely they'd sign at least one? I don't think Brewer could do the duties.

If Sessions isn't matched that's a fair way to having that position sorted. They can waive Atkins (not trade him what am I thinking) and have Brown as third string. Far more substantial issues at SG and SF where we are divinding time between Wilkins/Sessions/Brewer/Ellington (sg) and Gomes/Brewer/Songaila at SF. They played Pecherov at the 3 in summer league. Hence his new tag "the white hole".

They played Pecherov at the 3 in summer league. Hence his new tag "the white hole".

LMAO!

Great nickname!

Better than P-chov or something... :p

Does Sessions to the Wolves basically symbolise a white flag from Kahn on Rubio? At least he got some good Frequent Flyer mileage...

*sigh*

LMAO!

Great nickname!

Better than P-chov or something... :p

It came from Pecherov shooting on every possession he got. So if you threw the ball to him, you never saw it again.

Does Sessions to the Wolves basically symbolise a white flag from Kahn on Rubio? At least he got some good Frequent Flyer mileage...

*sigh*

Perhaps. In theory Rubio could arrive in 2012 and Sessions could opt out of his final year simultaneously.

More realistically, Flynn needs more help over the next two seasons than Brown and Atkins can provide and in theory he can play as a 2 guard also (25% of his PT in Milwaukee was off the ball, mostly after Redd went down).

At this point the team is adamant that Rubio's rights will not be traded. I suspect that for a very good offer, they are perhaps on the market in 12 months time, but almost certainly in two years. A lot will depend on Flynn's development, but Rubio's money situation is much improved and even with a reduced payout Minnesota's state taxation arrangements mean he is on a comparable wicket in Barcelona to the rookie scale.

Of course, if Minnesota really stink and end up with pick #1, do they take John Wall?

I found a pic of the new Mavs alternate jersey on mavs-shop.com

PAAAIAGFNAGBNPHJt.jpg

Looks ok IMO, but making us look like the Riddler may attract the vengeful ire of Batman.

Maybe we can adjust the punctuation on the front to fit changing contexts. It's understandable that we have a question mark now, but we can change it to an exclamation point when we begin playing well, and a period when we win the championship.

We can make it a semi-colon when we play Dajuan Wagner's team.

So many possibilities.

with that supporters list thing - make sure you put as asterisk next to Celtic Pride's name and down the bottom make the notation 'subject to change - based on results'. :thumbsu:

How many championships have PHX won, arse bandit ???

Still choking the chicken over a 2nd rate, soft-**** woman who can't play defense in Amare ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

July 23, 2004: Traded by the Orlando Magic with Drew Gooden and Steven Hunter to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Tony Battie, a 2005 2nd round draft pick (Martynas Andriuskevicius) and a 2007 2nd round draft pick (Brad Newley).

Not sure why all of this is bold... and i cannot switch it off. Rest assured I am not yelling... nor am I high. :p

It came from Pecherov shooting on every possession he got. So if you threw the ball to him, you never saw it again.

Absolute gold. I play with a few guys like that...

At this point the team is adamant that Rubio's rights will not be traded. I suspect that for a very good offer, they are perhaps on the market in 12 months time, but almost certainly in two years. A lot will depend on Flynn's development...

I agree. This article by Chris Sheridan is right on the money... (No pun intended) :p

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=Rubio-090902

I would be VERY surprised to see Rubio in a Wolves jersey... probably more likely to be a Knicks jersey.. especially if D'Antoni sticks around.. and even more definitely if LBJ makes the trip to Broadway.

OK I am lost by 2 of the last 3 posts. Why are we bringing up news from 2004?

I wasn't sure why the picture was posted... but a nice piece of trivia that Brad Newley was part of the trade that sent AV to Cleveland...

*shrug*

PS - Thanks for the "de-bolding" of my post... not sure why it wouldn't edit for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back