NBA Off-Season trades, signings and team discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the hell does Shaucob_Burjan root for ???

For some reason I've always had him pegged as a Nugz fan.

p.s. Dirk had the perfect opportunity today to strut past Crystal's jail cell and bust out the 'DeShawn Stevenson'.

Nicely done.

Funny you should bring that up actually. Was playing some full court the other day, and was going head-to-head with a mate of mine, and we were jawing a bunch, as you do. He was hitting pull-ups in my grill, I was taking it to the hole on him (ala Dirk), going shot for shot. I think we'd both made 3 in a row or something, when he decided to put the ball on the floor and I clean stripped him on his attempted crossover.

So now I'm by myself running into to an open basket (since no-one actually chases in pick up), so I decide to put some Deshawn into action. Get to just before the foul line, start dribbling backwards, and give him the "You can't see me". Turn back around, and of course...blow the ****ing layup.

Had to fake a sprained ankle to get out of that one :p

Nicely done.

Funny you should bring that up actually. Was playing some full court the other day, and was going head-to-head with a mate of mine, and we were jawing a bunch, as you do. He was hitting pull-ups in my grill, I was taking it to the hole on him (ala Dirk), going shot for shot. I think we'd both made 3 in a row or something, when he decided to put the ball on the floor and I clean stripped him on his attempted crossover.

So now I'm by myself running into to an open basket (since no-one actually chases in pick up), so I decide to put some Deshawn into action. Get to just before the foul line, start dribbling backwards, and give him the "You can't see me". Turn back around, and of course...blow the ****ing layup.

Had to fake a sprained ankle to get out of that one :p
Fill in on the DeShawn remark???

Also, lol. Love the ankle sprain maneuver.

I like it, I like it a lot :D

Rasheed-Wallace-Boston-Celtics-psd32003.png

Rasheed+Wallace+Boston+Celtics+Press+Conference.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jason collins brings his 2 pts and 2 boards a game to atl.

The guy has the PER you get when you stand up straight on court for 30 seconds. That Atlanta would pay him money to do that is frankly idiotic..

When your only skills are rebounding and blocking and they desert you, well whats left?

76ers
Blazers
Bobcats
Bucks
Bulls
Cavaliers
Celtics - Vegas15
Clippers
Grizzlies
Heat
Hawks
Hornets
Jazz
Kings - Stiffy18
Knicks
Lakers - PeteNorth, Jordan...
Magic - Borgsta
Mavericks - Funkzeit
Nets
Nuggets
Pacers
Pistons - Damon_3388
Raptors
Rockets
Spurs
Suns
Thunder
T'Wolves
Warriors
Wizards

There's a thread for the supporters list people.

And we can take Sessions of your hands Messenger.

I'll send you Chucky Atkins instead.

For a team that has acquired QRich, Chucky, Damien Wilkins and Mark Blount at various points of this off season, Ramon Sessions is a substantial upgrade and provides a respectable PG partner for Jonny Flynn.

Hard to quibble when all you've wanted is to bring talent into the squad and you get your wish.

A couple of things:

* ESPN are saying it's done; 4yrs/$16m (final year is a ETO)
* Milwaukee have three PG's and are $1.6m from the lux tax threshold. They also have the singularly most untradeable group of contracts in the NBA. Matching for Sessions costs them $2.4m in tax.
* No one is waiting for Whatisname from Spain. Big Tick.

The Bucks can easily move a couple of small contract scrubs and match, the issue is whether they actually will. Having Ridnour, Jennings and Ukic is hardly surplus talent either.

Now why didn't the Bucks trade Sessions/Charlie V at the deadline last season?

They knew that their financial situation wouldn't allow them to re-sign Sessions or Charlie V, and even if they could only get 2nd rounders it's still better than losing them for nothing.

Now why didn't the Bucks trade Sessions/Charlie V at the deadline last season?

They knew that their financial situation wouldn't allow them to re-sign Sessions or Charlie V, and even if they could only get 2nd rounders it's still better than losing them for nothing.
Not true at all. Although your point about not getting anything back is right. The Bucks are ****ed up as usual, the only thing that changes is the names involved.

The Bucks can easily move a couple of small contract scrubs and match, the issue is whether they actually will. Having Ridnour, Jennings and Ukic is hardly surplus talent either.

Well they just drafted Jennings and got Ukic in a trade (whether they wanted him or not) in the last two weeks. Sounds like planning for life post Sessions to me.

Nothing stopping you matching of course, but you're effectively paying him $6m for next year.

They could still execute a sign and trade. Atkins makes $3.5m this season, Sessions first year is about 3.7 or 3.8. But Atkins is only guaranteed 760k, so as long as you waive him by Sep. 27, you'd save $2.8m or so.

So have Minny solve their Point Guard problem?

They better sign one pretty quick, PG is the most important possie, surely they'd sign at least one? I don't think Brewer could do the duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back