Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2006
Oz
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando Magic, Baltimore Ravens
The Magic will likely use the rest of their mid-level exception, left over from signing Brandon Bass to a four year, $18 million contract. Bass gets a little more than $4 million in his first year. The mid-level exception is $5.854 million a year, which leaves a little less than $1.8 million a year for Barnes.
That's what they're hoping, which would put Barnes' deal at two years, close to $3.6 million.
A year ago today, the Phoenix Suns signed Barnes to a veteran minimum contract. He made $1.2 million last year, so this contract would be an upgrade. There, Barnes, 29, averaged 10 points and 5.5 rebounds per game.
We'll have more details and reaction on Barnes later in the day, plus a look at what's next.
There have been reports that the Magic are close with point guard C.J. Watson, but no offer's been made yet for the Warriors' restricted free agent.

i hope this happens

The Knicks are preparing to sign Ramon Sessions to an offer sheet using the team's mid-level exception.

Sessions is a restricted free-agent and the Bucks would have seven days to match the offer, something the Knicks now think the Bucks may not do if the team is ready to hand its point guard duties to lottery pick Brandon Jennings. Earlier the Knicks were reluctant to get involved believing the Bucks would match their offer.

Agent Chubby Wells said he hopes his client signs a four-year offer sheet with one of Sessions' suitors Tuesday or Wednesday.

"They've gotten real serious," he said of the Knicks.

If Sessions accepts New York's offer, it could affect Donnie Walsh's willingness to make a multi-year contract offer to restricted free-agent David Lee.

If the Knicks go in this direction -- and it appears they will -- the obvious will be stated: they will go into the new season against an improved Eastern Conference as the Young Guns. Sessions is 23 and, along with Toney Douglas (23) is the oldest of the young core, which will include Wilson Chandler, 22, Jordan Hill, 21, and Danilo Gallinari, 20.

Any chance the Bucks and Knicks do a S&T to send Seesions to the Big Apple and Lee to play alongside Bogut?

Any chance the Bucks and Knicks do a S&T to send Seesions to the Big Apple and Lee to play alongside Bogut?
Lee believes his contracts should start at the cap, then be heavily back loaded.

LOL, if the Bucks wanna hand him 10 plus a year, NY would accommodate for the promise not to resign Sessions.

Lol at the Nuggets for trading for Malik Allen.

.....for Sonny Weems. It's a low value deal but Allen helps the Nugs a lot more than Weems, who played about 15 games last season.

.....for Sonny Weems. It's a low value deal but Allen helps the Nugs a lot more than Weems, who played about 15 games last season.
Allen played small minutes for the Bucks last season so I know that 99% of fans didn't see him. Imagine Joe Smith, now imagine him at 58 years old with cronic arthritis. That's Allen, sure he didn't cost the Nuggets a good player but they've spent vauable money and a roster spot on an absolutely useless, washed up guy. It makes no sense at all they can't have scouted him recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Nuggets actually saved 300k from that deal. It was a money saving move.

One thing that puzzles me is that their owner Stan Kroenke (owns like evey sporting team in Colorado and a majority of the shares for Arsenal FC... his wife also owns Wal-Mart) is probably the richest owner in the NBA... yet he's a stingy barstard and not willing for his team to spend (hence Camby trade for nothing).
The Weems contract is mostly non-guaranteed so it's the Bucks that make a small savings assuming that he's cut.

Bryant, an 11-time All-Star, said a possible showdown against LeBron James(notes), former Lakers teammate Shaquille O’Neal(notes) and the Cleveland Cavaliers in next season’s finals would be “crazy.”

“Just the hoopla that surrounds it and all the stories that would come out of it,” Bryant said. “If that match up is to happen, we have to take it one day at a time, we can’t get caught up in it being a given that we’re going to be in the finals.”

discuss

EDIT: popathon's ebaumsworld video is closer to the dunk.

Lebron did get owned it seems. Won't be the last but I don't see why anyone would care that much after seeing the footage. He's got more hysteria over it for trying to hide it.

[youtube]HvhHA8vk0xA[/youtube]

hey everyone,

last night i had an interesting dream bordering on a nightmare.

dreamt that the whorenets got beat 145-39 by.....the knicks.

i believe this came about after reading an article on the bees lack of activity in the off season.

dunno what's more unbelievable, knicks winning or the bees losing by that much

Arron Afflalo and Walter Sharpe acquired by the nuggets from the pists for a 2nd rounder (future). yes this is old news. the nugg VP is really excited about this move. i smell spin.

oh and as messenger et al aluded to earlier the weems-sharpe dynasty is over with their on trade to what seems the current basketball graveyard milwaukee for malik allen

hey everyone,

last night i had an interesting dream bordering on a nightmare.

dreamt that the whorenets got beat 145-39 by.....the knicks.

i believe this came about after reading an article on the bees lack of activity in the off season.

dunno what's more unbelievable, knicks winning or the bees losing by that much
Their lack of progression has been dissapointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back