Murray Football League (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reyne has talked them up in the paper (Riv) as at a minimum aiming for finals this year, but as far as I can see they have only picked up himself and Priest, a couple have returned from the HDFL but have not shown anything as yet. Think Nathalia will struggle to win a game and then there is probably Tongala, Rumba and United fighting out the next 3 spots.:(
Fair to say that things haven't kicked off as well as hoped in the Eagles Nest after coming up against 2 very good sides, but I would say that Ollie's goals haven't changed after just 2 rounds. Pretty tough run ahead too with the big improvers in Congupna and Numurkah in next two weeks. United will need to play more consistent footy to take it up to these sides.

Interesting that Deni and Toc are also still yet to open their accounts. Just 6 weeks ago on this thread, all the blokes who put down their top 6 had these 2 sides figuring prominently, with most having Deni in the top 2.

Seeing as you've already stamped United's papers Hank ;), what's your take on Deni?

Seeing as you've already stamped United's papers Hank ;), what's your take on Deni?

Haha, and Tonny, Nathalia & Rumba's for that matter. Expect Deni to come good, they were slow starters last year also and finished off the H&A as good as anyone (barring maybe Moama).
But still haven't changed my mind from the start of the year that there are 8 genuine sides and two are going to be unlucky to miss out, Deni maybe one of them.;)

I heard former Rumbalarra player Darren Turner DT was training at Congupna, is he going to play there.

I heard former Rumbalarra player Darren Turner DT was training at Congupna, is he going to play there.

Darren did have a couple of training runs with us, and even played in our praccy game against Oak Park, looked a very likely type,but he has a couple of personal issues I think he is sorting out off the field, and he moved on.;)

Clearance website has ex-Rumba coach Mark O'Meara seeking a clearance to Congupna.

What's the story there Road Worker, or one of the Rumba boys?

Clearance website has ex-Rumba coach Mark O'Meara seeking a clearance to Congupna.

What's the story there Road Worker, or one of the Rumba boys?

Mark is our Chairman of Selectors and working with our fitness, his son players in our under 17s and he is the runner for them, Mud is a very unfit bloke that needs to find a gym and get himself fit :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Big win by Echuca Utd, may make me eat my words, all other games were won by the favs, a couple of big touch ups.
Numurkah 7 goals over Barooga
United 11 goals over Congupna
Mulwala 7 goals over Finley
Moama 12 goals over Rumba (Grigg 8)
Cobram 18 goals over Nathalia (Osbourne 12)
Deni 20 goals over Toc. (Lloyd 9, Scoullar 8)

Numurkah v Barooga - very close and entertaining game until the last quarter when the blues kicked away. Barooga played alot of numbers behind the ball early and the blues wasted alot of inside 50 by bombing it in long early on. when Numurkah's ball use improved showed that brown, mcgibbon, meyland, dunn will be a handful for any backline. add howden and cowan to the mix aswell and should see some big scores kicked later in the yr.
Dwyer was bog again and also Jamie Stanyer will go up tuesday night after being reported for a late hit on Dwyer in the last quarter... should get off though.
The reported coin Shane harvey is on wouldnt want to be true as although he kicked 5 he didnt seem to be trying very hard and would have struggled to work up a sweat... showed in patches he is a gun but surely barooga would want his work rate to increase

what happened to Congupna??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Numurkah v Barooga - very close and entertaining game until the last quarter when the blues kicked away. Barooga played alot of numbers behind the ball early and the blues wasted alot of inside 50 by bombing it in long early on. when Numurkah's ball use improved showed that brown, mcgibbon, meyland, dunn will be a handful for any backline. add howden and cowan to the mix aswell and should see some big scores kicked later in the yr.
Dwyer was bog again and also Jamie Stanyer will go up tuesday night after being reported for a late hit on Dwyer in the last quarter... should get off though.
The reported coin Shane harvey is on wouldnt want to be true as although he kicked 5 he didnt seem to be trying very hard and would have struggled to work up a sweat... showed in patches he is a gun but surely barooga would want his work rate to increase

I heard they had training at 6am Sunday morning.

Pretty spot on Burr. Cracking game of footy up until 3/4 time and then the Blues just too good! Amazing what happens when #18 (or should I say #31) puts his head down and plays footy!!!! No dust-ups whatsoever which is very unusual for a Hawks/Blues game so played in good spirit. Dwyer was very good. Plenty of it and from what I saw, didn't waste a touch either!!!! Hawks now looking down the barrel as we have Deni @ Deni, Finley @ home and then Mul @ Mul. Book Cobram and Moama into top 3 positions now as they have a dream run for first quarter of season. Showing us where we are at and if the boys don't fix these last quarter fade-outs, we'll be 1-5 before you know it!!!! 2's are battling as well so any injuries or reports (hopefully Rowdy will get off as from all accounts there wasn't much to it) won't help the situation at all. Interesting to see a few reports over the weekend. Boys flexing muscle early or are the men in white throwing the book at everything???? Sounds like the Finley/Mul game got a bit willing with a couple coming from it. All in all, a disasterous day for the Hawks in both footy and netball fronts, claiming only 1 win from 12!!!!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::confused:

Pretty spot on Burr. Cracking game of footy up until 3/4 time and then the Blues just too good! Amazing what happens when #18 (or should I say #31) puts his head down and plays footy!!!! No dust-ups whatsoever which is very unusual for a Hawks/Blues game so played in good spirit. Dwyer was very good. Plenty of it and from what I saw, didn't waste a touch either!!!! Hawks now looking down the barrel as we have Deni @ Deni, Finley @ home and then Mul @ Mul. Book Cobram and Moama into top 3 positions now as they have a dream run for first quarter of season. Showing us where we are at and if the boys don't fix these last quarter fade-outs, we'll be 1-5 before you know it!!!! 2's are battling as well so any injuries or reports (hopefully Rowdy will get off as from all accounts there wasn't much to it) won't help the situation at all. Interesting to see a few reports over the weekend. Boys flexing muscle early or are the men in white throwing the book at everything???? Sounds like the Finley/Mul game got a bit willing with a couple coming from it. All in all, a disasterous day for the Hawks in both footy and netball fronts, claiming only 1 win from 12!!!!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::confused:

Yeah our u/13 netballers had a 6am training Sunday morning for letting everyone down haha Moama has a dream draw and we are very happy how we are travelling considering playing Mul, Toc and Barooga in the first 3

Was not a great day for the Road, not to much went right, after loosing a couple to injury at halftime, the kids seemed to lack a little leadership out on the ground. Echuca United,with Reyne, Huestone, Frost, Prendergast, and Preist just tore the game apart, and looked unstopable in the 3rd Qtr.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Its no surprize to me to see M Dwyer dominating , he has come into the league pretty much unnoticed, I have been lucky enough to have coached Matty D in the past and he is quality, as a player and person.:thumbsu::thumbsu:
[ and god help when Luke Cowan starts playing,]

How far are Nurmurka, Cobram and Moama ahead of the rest of the pack do we all think...

How far are Nurmurka, Cobram and Moama ahead of the rest of the pack do we all think...

I reckon that Numurkah are flying at the moment and are definatley one of the teams to beat. As are Cobram and Moama, it will be a great game to go and watch between Cobram and Moama round 6. The start of the season has had some unexpected results and just shows how different the league is compared to what people were saying at the start of the season. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

who are the young guns in the murray league seniors?
i've heard morgan and tinkler from tocumwal
Buzza's from Numurkah
Tucker from Congupna
Crowe from Finley
any thoughts?

Any news of the Cairns lads now playing in your league? Douglas boys playing for Congupna.

Poiderr, champ how are you mate, boths boys have fitted in well, Andrew was best for us on the weekend[ mind you we didnt have to many] and flea has been good. Other boys from up that way that you would know, Jason Eagle has been in great touch for Shepp United [ kicked two bags of 8 I think ], Matty Dwyer is dominating at Nurmurka, Lukey Cannard seems to be kicking his 2-3 each week at Mulwala. Jimmy got in the best at Mansfield last week so he seems to be going along okay as well. :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back