Murray Football League (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and had a look a Congupna v Barooga, the Hawks kicked the first 5 of the game before Congupna even touch the ball, but the Roaders got themselves back in the game and it was a ripper second half,and the hawks hung on for a 6pt win. I know rumours are out there about Harvey and what sought of money is being paid, but from what I saw today 3 goals is not going to be a good return for what is rumoured to being paid out. Little Indigenous fella for Congupna can play where is he from, quick....

Get on the Blues, what the hell went on there today,[ bet Matty D killed it in the middle] they have had an outstanding start to the season, and we are all starting to notice now, the Blues are in town.
cheers for the report howie.. Things looking good at the road

Numurkah vs Toc - was quite wet but the new oval handled the water very well. Lucas White went off in the first quarter with what looked like a bad ankle and then Nick Howden suffered the same fate in the 2nd quater for the blues. Toc were simply out played in every area of the ground and looked slow compared to a quick skillful Numurkah side. Jason Collins pushed fwd late to end up with 7 goals with M Dwyer's ball use a joy to watch. Dan Buzza in the first quater was outstanding for a first yr senior player and looks to be living up to his potential... Greg Mayland to come back this week and slot into CHF

As predicted a close one it was. Good to be on the right side of it though, how bout that last 1/4 38 minutes long. I THOUGHT THE TIME KEEPERS DUCKED OUT FOR A COFFEE AND FORGOT ABOUT THE GAME> IT WAS EITHER THAT OR THEY COULDNT MAKE UP THEIR MIND WHO THEY WANTED TO WIN THE GAME

The players must have been tired, what do you think the reason was anything standout !!

The players must have been tired, what do you think the reason was anything standout !!

Our boys were gone, lucky we had just enough left in us to get another goal before the siren went.

Not sure what was going on in the timekeepers box, seemed like a normal 1/4 of footy to me. No send offs, no fights, no stretcher and there weren't that many stoppages, well no more than a usual close contest. The second went for 34 minutes as well and we only had 3 goals kicked between the two sides.

We have a pretty tough draw over the next month or so, so was good to get the win early.

Our boys were gone, lucky we had just enough left in us to get another goal before the siren went.

Not sure what was going on in the timekeepers box, seemed like a normal 1/4 of footy to me. No send offs, no fights, no stretcher and there weren't that many stoppages, well no more than a usual close contest. The second went for 34 minutes as well and we only had 3 goals kicked between the two sides.

We have a pretty tough draw over the next month or so, so was good to get the win early.

Yeah reckon the clock in the timekeepers box might be a bit slow as we had a 38min 1/4 last year as well, or maybe they were just wrestling each other trying to stop the other from blowing the hooter.

Hey Morgs, how are you boys finding Sammy's style of coaching. I would say he is pretty professional after his time with the bombers. I reckon there would be a few of your blokes really keen to make an impression this year. Well, you got the result first up so good luck this year and I hope Sam brings you some success coz he's a good fella and fairly respected in GV footy circles.:):thumbsu:

Hey Morgs, how are you boys finding Sammy's style of coaching. I would say he is pretty professional after his time with the bombers. I reckon there would be a few of your blokes really keen to make an impression this year. Well, you got the result first up so good luck this year and I hope Sam brings you some success coz he's a good fella and fairly respected in GV footy circles.:):thumbsu:

The game style Sam has brought with him suits our young pacy players down to the ground and has so far worked well. Time will tell but held up well enough on the weekend.

The feel around the Club is at an all time high across all grades of football, due manly to the work that the senior group has put in over the pre-season and Sam played a big role in that. I would say the fittest we have been for some time as a whole group.

Success is measured in many ways by differing interpretations and expectations and Sam's success may not be in winning us a flag in the next 2 or 3 years but the things he has already put in place will eventually lead to something hopefully sooner rather later.

Although I hope he does get the opportunity to see us play at the very least a winning finals game over the next few seasons.

I agree he is a top bloke and is already held with high regard within our club. Speaks well, communicates efficiently and is very committed to this current young playing group.

We will see were we are at against Moama this weekend and go from there.

He is actually pretty good.. he just need to learn to lead a tad more, and our 1's side is a bit hard to get into at the moment haha

So who you play for???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game style Sam has brought with him suits our young pacy players down to the ground and has so far worked well. Time will tell but held up well enough on the weekend.

The feel around the Club is at an all time high across all grades of football, due manly to the work that the senior group has put in over the pre-season and Sam played a big role in that. I would say the fittest we have been for some time as a whole group.

Success is measured in many ways by differing interpretations and expectations and Sam's success may not be in winning us a flag in the next 2 or 3 years but the things he has already put in place will eventually lead to something hopefully sooner rather later.

Although I hope he does get the opportunity to see us play at the very least a winning finals game over the next few seasons.

I agree he is a top bloke and is already held with high regard within our club. Speaks well, communicates efficiently and is very committed to this current young playing group.

We will see were we are at against Moama this weekend and go from there.

Good to hear & yes you will know where you are at. The mowers look in pretty good form, albeit I wouldn't expect their first 2 victims to finish in the top of the tree. Good Luck:thumbsu:

Can anyone tell us what is going on with Echuca?? Have they had some of thier senior players out??? Surely they are not too bad this year are they??

Can anyone tell us what is going on with Echuca?? Have they had some of thier senior players out??? Surely they are not too bad this year are they??

Reyne has talked them up in the paper (Riv) as at a minimum aiming for finals this year, but as far as I can see they have only picked up himself and Priest, a couple have returned from the HDFL but have not shown anything as yet. Think Nathalia will struggle to win a game and then there is probably Tongala, Rumba and United fighting out the next 3 spots.:(

Reyne has talked them up in the paper (Riv) as at a minimum aiming for finals this year, but as far as I can see they have only picked up himself and Priest, a couple have returned from the HDFL but have not shown anything as yet. Think Nathalia will struggle to win a game and then there is probably Tongala, Rumba and United fighting out the next 3 spots.:(

Prendergast would have to make a difference to Echuca surely. He has just come off a very good season up North and always played well when we played against him when he was at Leitchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back